A just-published Apple patent application for hand-writing recognition on pen-based computers has re-ignited speculation the company will soon unveil a tablet device. But if that's Apple's plan, the company may be in a furious race with Microsoft, wh...
Qualcomm put the spotlight on the smartbook concept at an analyst meeting in New York on Thursday, showing off a Lenovo-made device based on the Snapdragon chipset that company CEO Paul Jacobs said would be formally launched at the 2010 Consumer Elec...
Toshiba has announced a special Christmas promotion, offering a free Toshiba netbook with the purchase of an LCD television from its XV600A or ZV600A ranges.
Microsoft Corp. may have ditched the three application limit on the Windows 7 Starter Edition, but other restrictions on the netbook-only version of the operating system will be an unwelcome surprise for many netbook buyers, according to a survey pub...
Microsoft has yanked a tool it touted as a way for netbook owners to install Windows 7 without a DVD drive after a prominent blogger accused the company of using open-source code without acknowledging where it originated.
Apple on Monday updated Snow Leopard for the second time, fixing a data deletion flaw and an iMac performance issue, while blocking Atom-based netbooks from running its operating system.
Windows 7 has broken the 4% market share barrier in less than three weeks, a mark that took Windows Vista five months to reach, a Web metrics company said today.
Gigabyte Technology issued a BIOS update on Friday that fixes a problem for some Windows 7 users who have been unable to sync their iPhones.
Microsoft's Windows 7 operating system has been doing well in the market since it launched nearly two weeks ago, Microsoft executives said Wednesday.
Reports that the Linux netbook is dead or dying are incorrect, at least globally, according to an analyst firm.
Via launched its fastest netbook processors to date as part of a new lineup of chips that also draw less power, the company said on Tuesday.
Although Microsoft leaders have spent years promoting tablet computers with only marginal success, excitement around the form factor is finally building, thanks to technology advancements, a Microsoft executive said.
Microsoft put eye-catching hardware on display at last week's Windows 7 launch event. From netbooks and ultrathins to standard-size laptops and All-in-One touchscreen PCs, here's a closer look at some of the shiniest new Windows 7 machines.
Acer executives have grumbled about the performance of Intel's processors for thin and light laptops but suggested that faster chips are coming early next year.
Microsoft has long said, and we have reminded users, that DirectX 11 is not just a Windows 7 technology. The company promised that DirectX 11 will be available for Vista around the same time as the release of its latest and greatest operating system.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Asus ROG teases a massive gaming notebook that outperforms Titan X
- Chromebooks beat Mac notebooks 1.4-to-1 in U.S.
- Guess how much HP sold its gold- and diamond-encrusted laptops for?
- No Play Store for old Chromebooks
- Google is bringing Android apps to Chromebooks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- CCSAP Hanna ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Full-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTSOA Tech LeadNSW
- CCNetwork Architect VoiceNSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCIBM Sterling Developer + IBM Sterling Team LeaderNSW
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- CCOracle DBA | 3-6mth ContractVIC
- FTProject Manager - Web ContentVIC
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160520/AP/985Asia
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Marketing SystemsNSW
- CCDeemed Order Business SpecialistVIC
- FTManager, Applications SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160517/ITA/884Asia
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- FTGeospatial Support AnalystQLD
- FTAgile CoachNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Program DirectorNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160606/AP/251Asia
- CCSenior Network Engineer - NV1ACT