Acer showed off two of its newest products on Friday, and said they'd be on global markets soon.
A Philadelphia developer has rooted out an unfinished feature of Windows 7 that turns any laptop into a wireless access point, allowing other Wi-Fi-enabled devices to share the connection without special software.
Canonical on Thursday updated its Linux distribution for netbooks, simplifying the interface and adding new programs that the company says will make it easier for users to access and use Web content.
Microsoft has confirmed that users can apply a workaround trick to do a clean install of Windows 7 on a blank hard drive as long as they toe the licensing line.
While the world focused on Microsoft's launch of Windows 7, Florida-based Psystar quietly launched Rebel EFI, a software product that should worry Apple a lot more than Microsoft's latest operating system. Rebel EFI allows users to run Apple's flagsh...
Dell on Tuesday started shipping its first rugged laptop with a multitouch display, which can operate in extreme environments and withstand drops, dust and spills.
Users remained stymied today by endless reboots after trying to upgrade their PCs to Windows 7, according to messages posted on Microsoft's support forum.
Apple may have missed the netbook boat by not producing a low-priced notebook to compete with the ultra-cheap portables that have cornered a significant portion of the PC market, a survey published today said.
Mark Shuttleworth, founder and CEO of Canonical Ltd., the maker of the most popular desktop Linux alternative to Microsoft Corp.'s Windows, not only claims to be "delighted" that Windows 7 is out, but calls the new operating system an "excellent rele...
Mac clone maker Psystar yesterday started selling a utility that lets owners of generic PCs install and run Apple's Snow Leopard operating system.
Some users trying to upgrade from Windows Vista to Windows 7 have seen their PCs crippled by an endless series of reboots, according to reports on Microsoft's support forum.
Despite Thursday's Windows 7 launch and hoopla, Microsoft remains cautious about corporate uptake of the operating system and believes 2010 will be the real start to the upgrade cycle that could run into 2012.
Users can do a "clean" installation of Windows 7 using an upgrade license to save $80-$100 over the price of a 'full' edition, a popular blog has reported.
Microsoft has confirmed a problem that hundreds of users have reported with downloading Windows 7, according to its support forum.
Microsoft has released a tool that lets netbook owners install Windows 7 on their machines using a USB flash drive, sidestepping the usual requirement of a DVD drive.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Acer's new Predator gaming systems are powerful beasts that will also run your VR headset
- Apple updates MacBook with new processors, adds Rose Gold
- Hands on with NexDock, the laptop that isn't
- The Surface Pro 4 Type Cover gets fancy with premium Signature Edition
- Nvidia's Pascal GPU tech specs revealed: Full CUDA count, clock speeds, and more
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCRemedy AdministratorNSW
- CCOnline Shop Operations Consultant (eCommerce)VIC
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- FTService Coordinator/Scheduler | IT Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCProcurement Contract SpecialistQLD
- CCContract IT Assistant (Network & System Mgt.) 160509/ITA/281Asia
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- CCData Management & Reporting Development OfficerSA
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - BINSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Lotus Notes/Networking) 160504/AP/781Asia
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- CCTransition Program ManagerNSW
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CCFront End Developer x 2QLD
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW
- CCAWS ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC