Microsoft's attempts to ensure better application compatibility for Windows 7 than its immediate predecessor, Windows Vista, had at launch appear to have borne fruit.
Notebooks - News
Seagate Technology. the world's largest hard-disk drive maker, is planning to launch a new drive that's 25 percent thinner than current models. The 7-millimeter high drive will allow laptop PC makers to further reduce the thickness of their computers...
The fate of the once-named CrunchPad has been decided: The device will be coming to market by the end of the week under the name JooJoo. Fusion Garage -- the onetime manufacturing partner with TechCrunch -- held a video call for reporters and analyst...
Dell has announced its latest laptop for business users, the Vostro V13.
Apple reclaimed the top spot in the computer-reliability ranking of Rescuecom, a Syracuse, N.Y.-based technical support franchise, as netbook maker Asus' rating plummeted, Rescuecom's CEO said Saturday.
Everything gets better, right? Cheaper. Faster. Smaller. This is especially true for the smallest devices -- cell phones, netbooks and e-book readers.
Calling its prediction a "no-brainer," market research firm Apple will introduce its long-awaited tablet device by the end of next year. In the just-released "Top 10 Predictions" report for 2010, IDC chief analyst Frank Gens writes that the endless ...
Microsoft may have buried a wireless networking feature in Windows 7 Starter, the edition installed on most netbooks, but it did not actually disable the ad hoc wireless feature, as the firm's marketing materials claim, a noted Windows blogger said t...
Acer may be the first manufacturer out of the gate with a Google Chrome OS netbook in the second half of next year, according to the latest Internet rumors. JT Wang, the computer manufacturer's chairman recently told DigiTimes that he was confident h...
Microsoft today denied that its November Windows updates are causing a widespread "black screen" lock-out of users' PCs.
Users who have moved to Windows 7 gave the new operating system a big thumbs up in a just-released survey, although people upgrading from XP were less enthusiastic than those migrating from Vista.
Microsoft today confirmed that it is looking into reports that November's security updates have triggered a black screen on some Windows users' PCs.
Microsoft's latest round of security patches appears to be causing some PCs to seize up and display a black screen, rending the computer useless.
Microsoft, which has faced criticism for the pricing of its Windows 7 operating system, has announced that it will be conducting a pilot program in Australia for a Windows 7 Home Premium Family Pack. The Family Pack will include licences for up to th...
Apple is set to bring traditional US "Black Friday" sales to Australia, kicking off the Christmas retail sale rush.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Razer's revamped Blade Pro laptop marries a GeForce GTX 1080 with 4K G-Sync
- Tobii's new eye tracker adds head tracking with an emphasis on PC games
- Apple to announce new Macs at a special event October 27
- HP Omen 17 review: Great gaming performance at a great price
- Acer's swanky Swift 7 launches as the thinnest laptop ever
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security/Admin.) 161014/SA/253Asia
- CCProgress DeveloperQLD
- FTData Governance Project Manager | 6 month ContractNSW
- CCIteration ManagerVIC
- FTDirector Data AnalyticsACT
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperNSW
- CCBuild and Release ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - HKMAAsia
- CCSAP FIORIACT
- CCSenior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- CCFunctional Consultant - MS Dynamics AXQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst- (MQC, QTP, BPMN, Visio or System Architect;NSW
- FTSoftware Developers - .Net 4.6NSW
- FTSenior UX DesignerAsia
- CCSenior Java Developer-Java SE 8, HTTP APIs, Protocol BuffersNSW
- CCSenior Siebel DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCSystem TestersQLD
- CCInformation Security Consultant - RSA ArcherNSW
- FTScrum MasterNSW
- FTSenior Architect, Markets and ProductsNSW
- FTOperational Integrity ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Java Analyst Programmer - Front Office TradingNSW