Apple is set to bring traditional US "Black Friday" sales to Australia, kicking off the Christmas retail sale rush.
Microsoft has delayed re-releasing a Windows 7 installation tool that it has admitted included open-source code, saying that it's still testing the revamped utility.
Have a laptop or netbook and want to get more out of it? You're not alone. We've experienced the frustration of trying to keep data or bookmarks on a portable synchronized with those of a desktop PC or other laptops. We've struggled with diminishing ...
Lenovo yesterday announced its 12.1in netbook, the IdeaPad S12, which will enter the Australian market in December and have a starting price of $799.
Windows 7 passed the 5 per cent market share milestone last weekend, which put it, if only temporarily, above the total market share of all versions of Apple's Mac OS X, a Web measurement firm said today.
Everyone's all a-twitter over Google's newly announced operating system, Google Chrome OS. Some swear it'll be a hit; others are convinced it's destined for failure. Love it or hate it, though, this puppy's one tough piece of software to ignore.
Microsoft Corp. said today that Windows 7 has sold twice as many units as any other Microsoft operating system in the same time period.
Reports that Apple will produce a $2,000 tablet next year fit the company's historical pattern of going for the luxury end of the technology market, an analyst agreed today.
With Google Inc. working on its upcoming browser-based Chrome operating system, the company is intensifying its grudge match with rival Microsoft Corp.
Google is hosting an event today to offer the first official glimpse at the Chrome operating system. Chrome has ignited enthusiasm in an operating system market that has been largely stagnant for years. Google may succeed in shaking things up a bit.
Microsoft today denied that it has built a backdoor into Windows 7, a concern that surfaced yesterday after a senior National Security Agency (NSA) official testified before Congress that the agency had worked on the operating system.
Google said today that the upcoming release of its new Google Chrome operating system will not support hard disk drives in favor of solid state drives (SSD).
Google released its Chrome operating system to the open-source community on Thursday and said it has designed the netbook OS to be faster, simpler and more secure than existing ones.
The National Security Agency (NSA) worked with Microsoft on the development of Windows 7, an agency official acknowledged yesterday during testimony before Congress.
Microsoft posted the Office 2010 Beta to its developer and IT subscription sites today, another clue that it will soon offer the preview to the general public.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's Surface Pen buttons can now be tweaked to launch any program
- DisplayMate report: iPad Pro’s “top tier professional display” edged out by Surface Pro 4 in color accuracy
- Eyes off! HP, 3M join forces to build native privacy screens into laptops
- Dell's new Skylake Precision laptops get smaller, thinner and faster
- LG’s Gram laptop is larger yet lighter than a MacBook Air
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCAngularJS DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java, Oracle ADF) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- CCContract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCService Delivery Manager - Infrastructure/ApplicationsNSW
- CCITIL Release Manager - CBD SYDNEYNSW
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | Northern BeachesNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- CCEnterprise Architect - Network & InfrastructureNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NPPVIC
- FTTechnical WriterNSW
- CCProject ManagerSA
- FTJava or Ruby Web DeveloperVIC
- CCData Migration SpecialistQLD
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (SQL/Oracle/.Net) 160129/AP/vhs-bAsia
- CCService Desk ManagerVIC
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- FTServer EngineerNSW
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- FTProgram ManagerNSW