ARM tried but had a disastrous outing in PCs starting with Linux-based smartbooks and then tablets with Windows RT.
Notebooks - News
CIO.com's Sarah White reflects on her past month using the Microsoft's top-tier hybrid laptop, the Surface Book i7 with Performance Base.
Back in 2014, Intel declared it wanted laptops to be free of wires, and a centerpiece of that plan was wireless charging. But the technology has been slow to mature, and it may be years before the technology takes off.
Microsoft and Apple have both recently added new devices to their high-end lineups but which machine is better for you? CIO.com senior writer, Sarah White matches these two machines up to see who is the victor.
The use of solid state drives in notebooks and laptops has surpassed analyst expectations and is expected to reach 50% within the next few years.
Some iMacs that shipped between 2012 and 2014 came with faulty hinges, so now Apple is taking responsibility and issuing refunds for repairs.
The folks at iFixit got their hands on the new 13-inch MacBook Pro with Touch Bar, and here are all the surprises they uncovered during their teardown.
Thin may be in, but you can get more bang for your buck.
Tired of making too many resolution and quality sacrifices in your portable "gaming" laptop? With its GeForce GTX 1060, the MSI Stealth will change your view of a gaming laptop.
Apple and Samsung are the tablet leaders, even though the market continues to decline overall.
While we're waiting for the Touch Bar equipped MacBook Pros, let's check out the model Apple glossed over at the unveiling: the 13-inch MacBook Pro with function keys.
Apple's higher prices for its MacBook Pro laptops are not out of the ordinary for the company.
Apple brings touchscreen capabilities to the MacBook Pro without turning it into a two-in-one.
The company is exploring a more interactive MacBook with the new Touch Bar, but don't expect a fully touch-enabled Mac.
We go hands-on with Lenovo's three add-on hardware modules for the ThinkPad X1 Tablet, and find that they just don't live up to the thoughtful design of the tablet itself.
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® Portable SSD
Huawei Mate 9
Acer Swift 7
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Surface Pro 4
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- More iPad screen sizes unlikely to stop slump
- Android struggling in tablets as Windows 10 2-in-1s come on strong
- Samsung unveils Galaxy Book, a Windows 10 tablet aimed at the Surface-curious
- Everything we think we know about Samsung’s Galaxy Tab S3
- Lenovo's ThinkPad P71 will work with HTC, Oculus VR headsets
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- Subaru XV 2017 review
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCOracle WebLogic AdministratorNSW
- TPNetwork AdministratorWA
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- TPJunior Business AnalystQLD
- TPSenior Software DeveloperQLD
- TPAutomation TesterQLD
- CCDeployment GraduatesSA
- FTInfrastructure EngineerQLD
- FTSenior Java DeveloperQLD
- CCNetwork Engineer (cisco)NSW
- CCIT Business Analyst - UX DesignNSW
- CCApplication Support Specialist- Bathurst or Port MacquarieNSW
- FTReports Developer - Hyperion EssentialNSW
- TPDeployment OfficerQLD
- TPBusiness Analyst - AgileQLD
- FTHadoop Service AdministratorWA
- FTSeeking all Java Developers!WA
- CCSecurity Incident Analyst - Splunk - TelcoVIC
- FTHadoop Service AdministratorNSW
- CCDigital Business Analyst AgileQLD
- TPSenior Project ManagerVIC
- TPBusiness Project Manager - DigitalNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- Data GovernanceNSW
- CCLead SAP SRM DeveloperACT