Microsoft Friday confirmed that users will be able to remove Internet Explorer 8 (IE8), as well as several other integrated applications, from Windows 7.
Notebooks - News
Along with much of the rest of the economy, the PC industry will be singing the blues this year, with worldwide shipments declining to 275 million units -- or almost 12 percent -- from 2008, according to a new Gartner report.
Microsoft is bending its Office franchise toward netbooks and is developing packages that are unique to that market, according to the head of the company's business division.
Intel and Dell are seeking from the U.S. District Court and the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), a trademark cancellation over the term "netbook", held by rugged mobile computing solutions vendor, Psion Teklogix.
Weeks after making its case for why enterprises should dump Windows XP for Windows Vista, Microsoft talked up the merits of its upcoming operating system, Windows 7, for large businesses.
After several delays, Mozilla Tuesday set a release schedule for Firefox 3.1 Beta 3, the next milestone on the road to the browser's first major upgrade since June 2008.
After turning heads at CES with its X-Slim laptops Micro-Star International (MSI) is using the Cebit trade show in Hanover, Germany, this week to unveil new versions with a more powerful processor.
ASUS's latest netbook model, the Eee PC 1000HE, is now available in Australia with updated specs, including 9 and a half hours of battery life, and a price tag of $899.
Although Microsoft Corp.'s Internet Explorer (IE) continued to bleed market share last month, Apple Inc.'s Safari was an even bigger loser during February, an Internet metrics company said Monday.
Mozilla Wednesday announced it will add another beta to the Firefox 3.1 development schedule, a move that will push the browser's ship date to the second quarter or later.
Contrary to Apple's claims, the newest version of Safari is not the world's fastest browser, benchmark scores show. But it is dramatically faster than rivals being built by Mozilla and Microsoft.
Microsoft has updated Windows 7 beta to fix an unknown number of reliability bugs in Internet Explorer 8 (IE8), but the company stopped short of saying that the browser now matches the release candidate it has already delivered to users of Windows XP...
Microsoft will turn Windows 7's background picture black and put up persistent notices on the screen if users don't activate the new operating system, a company manager said Monday.
Can a computer get any smaller and cheaper than a netbook? Marvell Technology Group Ltd. thinks so.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- SSD adoption in laptops exceeds expectations
- Apple will refund you for your iMac hinge repair costs
- MacBook Pro teardown reveals pointless speaker grilles and hard-to-replace Touch Bar
- Apple leads tablet sales, but the iPad Pro is not its best seller
- Latest MacBook Pro price reset resembles shift to Retina in 2012
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- CCSystems Administrator :SCCMWA
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCProcess Business Analyst X 3VIC
- FTSolution Architect - Application IntegrationQLD
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerNSW
- FTFront End Developer - Team LeadNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCSoftware Engineer - Submarine simulation and testing - MELBOURNEACT
- CCProcess Business Analyst X 3VIC
- TPJava Developer - ContractQLD
- FTSenior Consultant/ArchitectNSW
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- FTPractice Manager - SecurityVIC
- CCAPI DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperACT
- TPNetwork AdministratorWA
- TPSenior Project AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerQLD
- FTBusiness Development AnalystVIC
- FTStorage Systems Administrator l HDS & EMC TechnologiesNSW
- CCAdobe AEM DeveloperVIC
- FTILSP ManagerNSW