Hewlett-Packard today announced a netbook PC that it said will be able to run for up to a full business day on a single battery charge.
Freescale on Monday is expected to announce a new processor for netbooks that may challenge chip maker Intel on price in the low-cost computing space.
MSI, the makers of the much vaunted U100 'Wind' netbook, have announced a new version of the machine featuring both an SSD drive and a conventional hard disk.
Web sites saw visitors deserting Microsoft's Internet Explorer browser in favor of Apple's Safari, Mozilla's Firefox and Google's Chrome in December, according to Web analytics company Net Applications.
Windows lost nearly a full percentage point of market share for the second month in a row in December, pushing Microsoft's operating system to a new low, an Internet measurement company reported yesterday.
Google is pushing users of its Gmail e-mail service to dump Microsoft's Internet Explorer for its own Chrome browser or Mozilla's Firefox.
Downloads of a new build of Microsoft's upcoming Windows 7 operating system have soared in the past two days, with thousands of systems now pulling pirated copies from BitTorrent sites.
Attendees at next month's Consumer Electronics Show (CES) could get the first public look at Windows 7, the next version of Microsoft's client OS.
Pirated copies of a Windows 7 build pegged by many as the beta Microsoft will release next month have leaked to the Internet, according to searches at several BitTorrent sites.
Fewer than 60% of European Web users run Microsoft's Internet Explorer, a French-based metrics company reported yesterday, while more than 31% have switched to Mozilla's Firefox.
The third quarter of 2008 marked a first for the computer industry. According to iSuppli, more notebook PCs were sold globally than desktop PCs -- just for the quarter, however. Compared to the third-quarter of 2007, notebook PC sales spiked 40 perce...
Mozilla issued a final update to Firefox 2.0, making good on a promise earlier last week when it forgot to include a patch in the Windows version of the browser.
A "clerical error" by Mozilla Corp. omitted one of the security patches that was supposed to be included in the Windows version of yesterday's Firefox 22.214.171.124 release, a company executive said today.
Only days after Google dropped the beta tag from its Chrome browser, the company issued an update that fixes more than 30 bugs.
Mozilla late Tuesday patched 13 bugs in Firefox, nearly half of them labeled "critical," as it closed support for the two-year-old Firefox 2.0 by releasing that version's final security update.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- ASUS launches world’s first liquid-cooled gaming laptop
- Apple might show off iPhone 5se and iPad Air 3 at March 15 event
- Monster gaming laptop from CybertronPC packs latest desktop hardware
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Chromebooks are siphoning market share from Windows PCs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCService ModellerNSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer, International SoftwareNSW
- CCSAP CRM Specialist- ABAPACT
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorNSW
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Reports/JAVA/SQL) 160129/P/vhs-cAsia
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- FTHelpdesk support - Level 1VIC
- FTSOE EngineerQLD
- CCAutomation QAVIC
- CCETL DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - IT SecurityNSW
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- CCUser Experience Designer - BaselineACT
- FTTechnical Lead (Java)NSW
- CCSenior Change Analyst - Multiple RolesVIC
- FTSenior Systems/SAN EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- FTCyber Security SpecialistNSW
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- FTVB6 DeveloperNSW