Advanced Micro Devices agreed to an Intel offer to make public the terms of a cross-license agreement at the heart of a dispute between the two companies. But there's one condition: in return, AMD wants Intel to lift a demand that evidence submitted ...
Notebooks - News
A year ago, netbooks were viewed as a good chance for Linux to finally break into the desktop computing mainstream.
Apple Inc.'s retail sales, which fell by more than 5% in January, plummeted nearly 17% in February compared with the same month in 2008 as the company's high prices continued to take a toll, research company The NPD Group Inc. said Tuesday.
Marketing success story Kogan Technologies has announced what it claims is Australia’s cheapest 10-inch netbook computer powered by the Linux-based gOS operating system.
Lenovo has decided to unveil photos of its Pocket Yoga concept PC, an ultra-compact portable that's slim enough to slide in a back pocket. The leather-bound device, which resembles an oversized wallet, features a QWERTY keyboard and a touch screen.
Nokia is seriously contemplating entering the notebook market, according to research firm DisplaySearch. A blog entry by analyst John Jacobs quotes Nokia CEO Olli-Pekka Kallasvuo as saying in an interview with Finnish national broadcaster YLE that th...
Microsoft Corp. will deliver a release candidate of Windows 7 to the public in late May, according to a report from a noted Windows Web site.
Hewlett-Packard will begin selling on Monday laptop batteries that are guaranteed to last three years.
Asustek Computer, which pioneered the netbook market with its Eee PC line, plans to further slim down its business units and reduce the variety of netbooks it sells.
We're already a quarter of the way into 2009 and the gadgets are coming thick and fast despite the recession that is gripping many countries.
New laptop and desktop designs are on tap as PC and hardware makers start tweaking components to take advantage of improved features in Microsoft's upcoming Windows 7 OS.
Scientists at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) have developed a way to charge lithium ion batteries in seconds, instead of hours, that could open the door to smaller, faster-charging batteries for cell phones and other devices.
One Laptop Per Child is set to dump x86 processors, instead opting to put low-power Arm-based processors in its next-generation XO-2 laptop with the aim of improving battery life.
Microsoft patched the first critical vulnerability in Windows 7 Tuesday as it rolled out an update that fixes three flaws in the new operating system's kernel.
Dell on Tuesday is expected to launch the tough Latitude E6400 XFR laptop with a touch screen, which the company claims can withstand drops, dust and high-pressure water sprays.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Dell: Mainstream laptops with wireless charging are still years away
- SSD adoption in laptops exceeds expectations
- Apple will refund you for your iMac hinge repair costs
- MacBook Pro teardown reveals pointless speaker grilles and hard-to-replace Touch Bar
- Apple leads tablet sales, but the iPad Pro is not its best seller
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTOffice365 Solution SpecialistSA
- FTLevel 2 Help Desk SupportQLD
- CCIT Solutions ArchitectQLD
- FTiOS Developer - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- TPPMO SchedulerNSW
- CCChange ManagerQLD
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire Developers - Brisbane basedNSW
- CCBiztalk DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork Security Engineer - Cisco ISEVIC
- FTTechnical Account ManagerNSW
- FTTSM SpecialistNSW
- FTAutomation TesterVIC
- CCApplication PackagerVIC
- FTIT Field EngineerNSW
- FTSDLC CoordinatorACT
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerACT
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- TPProgram ManagerNSW
- CCNetwork Security Specialist - Palo Alto Firewall ExpertVIC
- FTFront End UI DeveloperQLD
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantNSW
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCAgile Business Analyst - ITMSP - Melbourne CBDVIC