Weeks after making its case for why enterprises should dump Windows XP for Windows Vista, Microsoft talked up the merits of its upcoming operating system, Windows 7, for large businesses.
Notebooks - News
After several delays, Mozilla Tuesday set a release schedule for Firefox 3.1 Beta 3, the next milestone on the road to the browser's first major upgrade since June 2008.
After turning heads at CES with its X-Slim laptops Micro-Star International (MSI) is using the Cebit trade show in Hanover, Germany, this week to unveil new versions with a more powerful processor.
ASUS's latest netbook model, the Eee PC 1000HE, is now available in Australia with updated specs, including 9 and a half hours of battery life, and a price tag of $899.
Although Microsoft Corp.'s Internet Explorer (IE) continued to bleed market share last month, Apple Inc.'s Safari was an even bigger loser during February, an Internet metrics company said Monday.
Mozilla Wednesday announced it will add another beta to the Firefox 3.1 development schedule, a move that will push the browser's ship date to the second quarter or later.
Contrary to Apple's claims, the newest version of Safari is not the world's fastest browser, benchmark scores show. But it is dramatically faster than rivals being built by Mozilla and Microsoft.
Microsoft has updated Windows 7 beta to fix an unknown number of reliability bugs in Internet Explorer 8 (IE8), but the company stopped short of saying that the browser now matches the release candidate it has already delivered to users of Windows XP...
Microsoft will turn Windows 7's background picture black and put up persistent notices on the screen if users don't activate the new operating system, a company manager said Monday.
Can a computer get any smaller and cheaper than a netbook? Marvell Technology Group Ltd. thinks so.
It sounds crazy to use processors designed for tiny netbooks in data centers, with their potentially massive computing requirements, but Microsoft is experimenting with doing just that and finding that it may lead to cost savings.
With a US$599 netbook, Apple could move into a fast-growing market without cannibalizing existing sales and still make the profit margin investors have come to expect, a financial analyst argued Monday.
Microsoft will test Windows 7 beta's update mechanism this week by feeding users as many as five fake updates, the company said last week.
Kogan, the Australian company behind the recently delayed Android-based Agora smartphone, plans to release a netbook and is turning to the community for inspiration and advice. In a blog entry on Kogan's Web site, company founder Ruslan Kogan asked f...
Mozilla is backing a move that would nullify copyright infringement charges against people who "jailbreak" their iPhones, a practice that Apple considers against the law.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Razer's revamped Blade Pro laptop marries a GeForce GTX 1080 with 4K G-Sync
- Tobii's new eye tracker adds head tracking with an emphasis on PC games
- Apple to announce new Macs at a special event October 27
- HP Omen 17 review: Great gaming performance at a great price
- Acer's swanky Swift 7 launches as the thinnest laptop ever
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSAP HANNA ArchitectNSW
- CCTest Engineer - BankingQLD
- CCData ScientistVIC
- CCDefence Opportunities - Baseline, NV1 or NV2SA
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSystems ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Frontend Developer (Angular or React or Ember)NSW
- CCSecurity Incident Response Handler - TelcoVIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Microsoft TechnologiesNSW
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerSA
- CCProject SchedulerSA
- CCInfrastructure & Network Program Manager -Government BackgroundNSW
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics AX Solution Architect (Permanent and/or Contract Option)QLD
- CCSAP Lumira ConsultantWA
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- CCTesting Capability LeadNSW
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- CCBPM ConsultantNSW
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Manufacturing ConsultantWA
- FTProgram SchedulerNSW
- CCAgile Business AnalystVIC
- CCSolution Architect - BRISBANE BASEDVIC
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - Defence - NV1SA
- CCFull Stack Java DevelopersNSW