Although the beta of Windows 7 quickly grabbed one-tenth of 1% of the operating system market share last month, Microsoft's OS continued its downward trend, a Web measurement company reported Sunday.
A change that Microsoft made in Windows 7 to improve its controversial User Account Control security feature has left the new OS less secure, according to a blogger who follows Microsoft closely.
Microsoft is warning customers that tools for blocking automatic upgrades to the newest service packs of Windows Vista and Windows XP will expire in the coming months.
The head of Microsoft's Windows development confirmed Friday that Windows 7 will take the unusual path of moving straight from a single beta, which was launched earlier this month, to a release candidate.
Windows Me may not have had much going for it, but it has one claim to fame: it was the last major release of Windows to come in a single edition, or SKU.
A Windows enthusiast is calling for Microsoft to release Windows 7 now, only a few weeks after the company made available the software's first public test version.
Microsoft has delivered a preliminary release candidate for Windows Vista Service Pack 2 (SP2) to testers and is again on track to offer another public preview next month, according to several reports on the Web.
New Microsoft technology designed to protect Internet Explorer users from a powerful new Web-based attack will not fix the problem, security experts said Tuesday.
Technical advisers to the antitrust regulators who monitor Microsoft's compliance with a 2002 antitrust settlement will test Windows 7 "more thoroughly" than earlier versions of the operating system, according to a recently-released status report fil...
Microsoft has again warned users of Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) that they may not be able to uninstall either the service pack or Internet Explorer 8 (IE8).
Samsung Electronics plans to follow-up its NC10 netbook in the coming few months with a new model and expand its range of smart phones with models based on a number of different operating systems, it said Friday.
Microsoft has extended the general availability of the Windows 7 beta until Feb. 10 due to the software's popularity, the company said.
Advanced Micro Devices on Monday said it has no replacement planned for the aging Geode low-power chip, creating uncertainty for its use in products like future XO laptops made by One Laptop Per Child.
As expected, Microsoft Monday launched a release candidate of Internet Explorer 8, the first update to the browser since last August.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Acer's new Predator gaming systems are powerful beasts that will also run your VR headset
- Apple updates MacBook with new processors, adds Rose Gold
- Hands on with NexDock, the laptop that isn't
- The Surface Pro 4 Type Cover gets fancy with premium Signature Edition
- Nvidia's Pascal GPU tech specs revealed: Full CUDA count, clock speeds, and more
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCMS Biz Talk ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- FTSecurity Accreditation - IT Security AnalystACT
- FTTrading System QAAsia
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCMicrosoft Server EngineerWA
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer(IBM DB2/WebSphere)160419/STSE/vmtAsia
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCTransition Program ManagerNSW
- CCService DeskWA
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team Lead | Blackburn | Managed Service ProviderVIC
- FTDesktop SupportNSW