Mozilla will drop anti-phishing protection from the final version of Firefox 2.0 at Google's request when Mozilla updates the browser later this month, a company executive confirmed Thursday.
Researchers at BitDefender have discovered a new type of malicious software that collects passwords for banking sites but targets only Firefox users.
Microsoft this week is proceeding with an update to Windows Vista and Windows Server, making available a beta-level service pack featuring capabilities for virtualisation and power savings.
More than 98% of Windows computers harbor at least one unpatched application, and nearly half contain 11 or more programs at risk from attack, a Danish security company said Wednesday.
Nvidia officials on Tuesday reiterated the company's interest in the mini-laptop space but said it would wait for the market to mature before jumping in.
Mozilla will take another stab this week at convincing users running older versions of its Firefox browser to update to version 3.0, the company said Tuesday.
Microsoft's Windows OS last month took its biggest market share dive in the last two years, an Internet measurement company reported Monday, erasing gains made in two of the last three months and sending the operating system's share under 90% for the...
Linux distributor Good OS and BIOS vendor Phoenix Technologies each have plans to make netbooks speedier devices, the vendors said at the Netbook World Summit in Paris on Monday.
The market share of Microsoft's Internet Explorer (IE) dropped under the 70 percent mark last month for the first time since Web metrics vendor Net Applications started keeping tabs on browsers, the company said Monday.
Microsoft will deliver Windows Vista Service Pack 2 (SP2) to manufacturing in April 2009, two months after it issues a final test version to users, according to a Web site that accurately predicted several Windows ship dates in 2008.
Asustek Computer plans to unveil a new Eee PC netbook that costs just US$200 in the first quarter of next year, a company representative said Thursday.
Some used PCs are being purchased not for the hardware but because people want to get their hands on a copy of Windows XP, according to industry analysts and hardware suppliers.
Apple will roll out a lower-priced and lighter-weight laptop in the first half of 2009 to compete in the growing "netbook" category, an analyst said today.
An Austrian security vendor has found a vulnerability in Windows Vista that it says could possibly allow an attacker to run unauthorized code on a PC.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
- 2 Playing chicken with a Tesla Model S
- 3 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 4 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
- 5 Apple Watch review: saving time
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- LG's ultra-thin touchscreen panels will enable lighter, thinner notebooks
- Lenovo's proposed ThinkPad Retro is like stepping back into 1992
- Dick Smith slashes prices on tech from Apple, Samsung and more
- 5 insights from Apple's Worldwide Developer Conference
- Mac users exposed by zero-day vulnerability
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTMedia and Communications AdvisorACT
- CCDrupal DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTPR & Corporate Affairs ManagerNSW
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW
- CCInternal Communications AdvisorNSW
- CCSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW