Can a computer get any smaller and cheaper than a netbook? Marvell Technology Group Ltd. thinks so.
It sounds crazy to use processors designed for tiny netbooks in data centers, with their potentially massive computing requirements, but Microsoft is experimenting with doing just that and finding that it may lead to cost savings.
With a US$599 netbook, Apple could move into a fast-growing market without cannibalizing existing sales and still make the profit margin investors have come to expect, a financial analyst argued Monday.
Microsoft will test Windows 7 beta's update mechanism this week by feeding users as many as five fake updates, the company said last week.
Kogan, the Australian company behind the recently delayed Android-based Agora smartphone, plans to release a netbook and is turning to the community for inspiration and advice. In a blog entry on Kogan's Web site, company founder Ruslan Kogan asked f...
Mozilla is backing a move that would nullify copyright infringement charges against people who "jailbreak" their iPhones, a practice that Apple considers against the law.
Perhaps pre-alpha was a bit too early for Mozilla to release its Fennec mobile browser for Windows Mobile.
Microsoft will finish Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) next month, according to a Web site that has accurately predicted other moves by the company.
Microsoft last week made its best -- and perhaps final -- case as to why companies should consider upgrading to Windows Vista, even as successor Windows 7 looms on the horizon.
When ADNH Compass, a 17,000-employee catering company based in Abu Dhabi, decided to give its branch managers new PCs late last year, it chose Acer's Aspire One netbooks instead of full-size laptops.
A woman has filed a class-action lawsuit against Microsoft over a US$59.25 charge for downgrading her Windows Vista PC to XP.
Downgrade rights for Windows 7 will be "hugely important," an analyst said Thursday, but he's not optimistic that Microsoft will let users continue to install Windows XP on new machines.
Asustek Computer (Asus) said Thursday that it sold 4.9 million Eee PC netbooks last year, a figure that rival Acer believes it can best.
Microsoft Wednesday put forth its best case as to why corporations and large organizations should consider upgrading to the Windows Vista operating system, even as its successor Windows 7, looms.
Microsoft warned enterprise customers this week that the migration path from XP to Windows 7 won't be any easier than it is to Vista, and offered recommendations for how companies can move from older versions of Windows to one of its newer client OSe...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 3 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 4 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- 5 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Why my older Chromebook has a right to live, even if Google says it's over
- A Surface all-in-one PC may lead a Microsoft hardware refresh in October
- Hands-on with Asus ROG G752 and GeForce GTX 1070 (or holy crap this thing is fast!)
- Surface Pro 3's massive battery drain is a software problem, Microsoft says
- Early Android app support rolls out to two more Chromebooks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCWAN Architect and ConsultantWA
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW