Kogan, the Australian company behind the recently delayed Android-based Agora smartphone, plans to release a netbook and is turning to the community for inspiration and advice. In a blog entry on Kogan's Web site, company founder Ruslan Kogan asked f...
Mozilla is backing a move that would nullify copyright infringement charges against people who "jailbreak" their iPhones, a practice that Apple considers against the law.
Perhaps pre-alpha was a bit too early for Mozilla to release its Fennec mobile browser for Windows Mobile.
Microsoft will finish Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) next month, according to a Web site that has accurately predicted other moves by the company.
Microsoft last week made its best -- and perhaps final -- case as to why companies should consider upgrading to Windows Vista, even as successor Windows 7 looms on the horizon.
When ADNH Compass, a 17,000-employee catering company based in Abu Dhabi, decided to give its branch managers new PCs late last year, it chose Acer's Aspire One netbooks instead of full-size laptops.
A woman has filed a class-action lawsuit against Microsoft over a US$59.25 charge for downgrading her Windows Vista PC to XP.
Downgrade rights for Windows 7 will be "hugely important," an analyst said Thursday, but he's not optimistic that Microsoft will let users continue to install Windows XP on new machines.
Asustek Computer (Asus) said Thursday that it sold 4.9 million Eee PC netbooks last year, a figure that rival Acer believes it can best.
Microsoft Wednesday put forth its best case as to why corporations and large organizations should consider upgrading to the Windows Vista operating system, even as its successor Windows 7, looms.
Microsoft warned enterprise customers this week that the migration path from XP to Windows 7 won't be any easier than it is to Vista, and offered recommendations for how companies can move from older versions of Windows to one of its newer client OSe...
Chip vendors Qualcomm and Nvidia have thrown their support behind the Windows 7 OS for netbooks, announcing efforts to bring better graphics and continuous 3G connectivity to the devices.
Microsoft has shut off the Windows 7 beta spigot, but will allow users who have started the download process to wrap it up by Thursday.
In a vote of confidence for Windows 7's suitability for use on netbook PCs, Hewlett-Packard says it likely will offer at least three different editions of the upcoming operating system on future models of its Mini netbooks.
Microsoft will not offer "Ultimate Extras" in Window 7, the company has confirmed, saying it abandoned the heavily-criticized concept to focus on "existing features."
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Hands-on with Asus ROG G752 and GeForce GTX 1070 (or holy crap this thing is fast!)
- Surface Pro 3's massive battery drain is a software problem, Microsoft says
- Early Android app support rolls out to two more Chromebooks
- Microsoft's pricey Surface Book is getting stomped by the ancient Surface Pro 3
- Alienware's tiny Alpha gaming PC gets bigger muscles... in the US
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMwareACT
- CCCustomer Service RepresentativeQLD
- CCProgram Director, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- CCSolution Architect - WMS/LogisticsVIC
- CCSolution Architect - Data MigrationVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET/SQL Server) 160829/AP/267Asia
- CCChange Communications ManagerNSW
- FTNational ICT Senior Technical Support EngineerACT
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- FTDB2 Database AdministratorVIC
- CCSr Project Manager - BASELINEACT
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMware - CanberraACT
- CCSenior Project Manager - TelecommunicationVIC
- CCAutomation ManagerNSW
- CCWindows EngineerVIC
- CCFinance Analyst (Junior)VIC
- CCProject Manager - Expense Management SystemVIC
- FTMiddleware - DevOps EngineerVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Datacentre Maintenance) 160817/SA/993Asia
- CCSAP ArchitectSA
- CCHead of Enterprise Organisational Change- GovernanceNSW
- CCCustomer Service SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160817/SITA/902Asia
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCLinux EngineerVIC