Hewlett-Packard today announced a netbook PC that it said will be able to run for up to a full business day on a single battery charge.
Freescale on Monday is expected to announce a new processor for netbooks that may challenge chip maker Intel on price in the low-cost computing space.
MSI, the makers of the much vaunted U100 'Wind' netbook, have announced a new version of the machine featuring both an SSD drive and a conventional hard disk.
Web sites saw visitors deserting Microsoft's Internet Explorer browser in favor of Apple's Safari, Mozilla's Firefox and Google's Chrome in December, according to Web analytics company Net Applications.
Windows lost nearly a full percentage point of market share for the second month in a row in December, pushing Microsoft's operating system to a new low, an Internet measurement company reported yesterday.
Google is pushing users of its Gmail e-mail service to dump Microsoft's Internet Explorer for its own Chrome browser or Mozilla's Firefox.
Downloads of a new build of Microsoft's upcoming Windows 7 operating system have soared in the past two days, with thousands of systems now pulling pirated copies from BitTorrent sites.
Attendees at next month's Consumer Electronics Show (CES) could get the first public look at Windows 7, the next version of Microsoft's client OS.
Pirated copies of a Windows 7 build pegged by many as the beta Microsoft will release next month have leaked to the Internet, according to searches at several BitTorrent sites.
Fewer than 60% of European Web users run Microsoft's Internet Explorer, a French-based metrics company reported yesterday, while more than 31% have switched to Mozilla's Firefox.
The third quarter of 2008 marked a first for the computer industry. According to iSuppli, more notebook PCs were sold globally than desktop PCs -- just for the quarter, however. Compared to the third-quarter of 2007, notebook PC sales spiked 40 perce...
Mozilla issued a final update to Firefox 2.0, making good on a promise earlier last week when it forgot to include a patch in the Windows version of the browser.
A "clerical error" by Mozilla Corp. omitted one of the security patches that was supposed to be included in the Windows version of yesterday's Firefox 188.8.131.52 release, a company executive said today.
Only days after Google dropped the beta tag from its Chrome browser, the company issued an update that fixes more than 30 bugs.
Mozilla late Tuesday patched 13 bugs in Firefox, nearly half of them labeled "critical," as it closed support for the two-year-old Firefox 2.0 by releasing that version's final security update.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 2 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 3 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 4 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 5 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Surface Pro 4 on sale at Microsoft's Sydney store on November 12
- Microsoft enters the notebook market with Surface Book
- As Microsoft focuses on mobile, Windows 10 will be key
- Microsoft to live-stream Tuesday's Surface Pro 4, Lumia event
- What we expect from Microsoft's massive device launch: new Surfaces, Lumias, and Band
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDatabase Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTSales SpecialistNSW
- FTProduct Marketing ManagerNSW
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Client Side - Previous Agency Experience Welcome!!NSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Music IndustryNSW
- FTBusiness Development & Account ManagementNSW
- FTMid level IT consultant | Systems Integration & Managed ServicesNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW