Asustek Computer (Asus) said Thursday that it sold 4.9 million Eee PC netbooks last year, a figure that rival Acer believes it can best.
Microsoft Wednesday put forth its best case as to why corporations and large organizations should consider upgrading to the Windows Vista operating system, even as its successor Windows 7, looms.
Microsoft warned enterprise customers this week that the migration path from XP to Windows 7 won't be any easier than it is to Vista, and offered recommendations for how companies can move from older versions of Windows to one of its newer client OSe...
Chip vendors Qualcomm and Nvidia have thrown their support behind the Windows 7 OS for netbooks, announcing efforts to bring better graphics and continuous 3G connectivity to the devices.
Microsoft has shut off the Windows 7 beta spigot, but will allow users who have started the download process to wrap it up by Thursday.
In a vote of confidence for Windows 7's suitability for use on netbook PCs, Hewlett-Packard says it likely will offer at least three different editions of the upcoming operating system on future models of its Mini netbooks.
Microsoft will not offer "Ultimate Extras" in Window 7, the company has confirmed, saying it abandoned the heavily-criticized concept to focus on "existing features."
The turbulent economy could hinder enterprise adoption of Windows 7, even though many companies opted to skip Windows Vista and are still running the outdated Windows XP OS, analysts said.
Microsoft changed the default settings of one of its most important security features for Windows 7 because users balked at clicking more than two prompts a day, a company executive said Thursday.
Mozilla Corp. has patched seven security vulnerabilities in Firefox, two of them labeled "critical," in the browser's first update for 2009.
Microsoft Tuesday confirmed that it will sell what it calls "upgrades" for Windows 7 to users running the aged Windows XP operating system.
While it plans to focus on marketing two versions of Windows 7, Microsoft will offer six editions of its next operating system to better satisfy PC makers and end users, an executive said this week.
In 10 weeks, Microsoft will begin to retire Windows XP by shifting the seven-year-old OS into a more limited support plan.
Microsoft has ramped up a new Windows support assistant nearly three months after it quietly debuted the automatic repair and configuration tool.
Microsoft's Internet Explorer (IE) again lost market share last month, although at a slower rate than the previous two-month stretch, but still ended at a new low of 67.6% as rivals continued to steal users, a Web metrics firm reported Sunday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Asus ROG teases a massive gaming notebook that outperforms Titan X
- Chromebooks beat Mac notebooks 1.4-to-1 in U.S.
- Guess how much HP sold its gold- and diamond-encrusted laptops for?
- No Play Store for old Chromebooks
- Google is bringing Android apps to Chromebooks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTNetwork Engineer | Routing & switching | Design, implementation, L3 supportNSW
- FTSOE Operations SpecialistACT
- CCSecurity Administrative Support OfficerACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTNetwork SpecialistVIC
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CCDigital Business Analyst (iOS & Android / Web Projects)NSW
- CCDevOps Software Configuration ManagerACT
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Full-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Marketing SystemsNSW
- FTRelease Planning LeadVIC
- CCProject Manager - Healthcare DomainSA
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- FTPermanent Defence network engineer - career progression & flexible conditionsACT
- CCBusiness Analyst, LifeNSW
- FTDynamics Project ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical PM - Magento E-Commerce SolutionNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Enterprise ApplicationsNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCWeb DeveloperACT
- CCTechnical WriterNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/Orcale/MySQL) 160531/SA/253Asia
- CCIT Security Consultant -NSW
- CCJunior / Mid Level Java Developer - Developing Restful Microservice SolutionsVIC