Microsoft last week made its best -- and perhaps final -- case as to why companies should consider upgrading to Windows Vista, even as successor Windows 7 looms on the horizon.
When ADNH Compass, a 17,000-employee catering company based in Abu Dhabi, decided to give its branch managers new PCs late last year, it chose Acer's Aspire One netbooks instead of full-size laptops.
A woman has filed a class-action lawsuit against Microsoft over a US$59.25 charge for downgrading her Windows Vista PC to XP.
Downgrade rights for Windows 7 will be "hugely important," an analyst said Thursday, but he's not optimistic that Microsoft will let users continue to install Windows XP on new machines.
Asustek Computer (Asus) said Thursday that it sold 4.9 million Eee PC netbooks last year, a figure that rival Acer believes it can best.
Microsoft Wednesday put forth its best case as to why corporations and large organizations should consider upgrading to the Windows Vista operating system, even as its successor Windows 7, looms.
Microsoft warned enterprise customers this week that the migration path from XP to Windows 7 won't be any easier than it is to Vista, and offered recommendations for how companies can move from older versions of Windows to one of its newer client OSe...
Chip vendors Qualcomm and Nvidia have thrown their support behind the Windows 7 OS for netbooks, announcing efforts to bring better graphics and continuous 3G connectivity to the devices.
Microsoft has shut off the Windows 7 beta spigot, but will allow users who have started the download process to wrap it up by Thursday.
In a vote of confidence for Windows 7's suitability for use on netbook PCs, Hewlett-Packard says it likely will offer at least three different editions of the upcoming operating system on future models of its Mini netbooks.
Microsoft will not offer "Ultimate Extras" in Window 7, the company has confirmed, saying it abandoned the heavily-criticized concept to focus on "existing features."
The turbulent economy could hinder enterprise adoption of Windows 7, even though many companies opted to skip Windows Vista and are still running the outdated Windows XP OS, analysts said.
Microsoft changed the default settings of one of its most important security features for Windows 7 because users balked at clicking more than two prompts a day, a company executive said Thursday.
Mozilla Corp. has patched seven security vulnerabilities in Firefox, two of them labeled "critical," in the browser's first update for 2009.
Microsoft Tuesday confirmed that it will sell what it calls "upgrades" for Windows 7 to users running the aged Windows XP operating system.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's pricey Surface Book is getting stomped by the ancient Surface Pro 3
- Alienware's tiny Alpha gaming PC gets bigger muscles... in the US
- Why Apple's new MacBook Pro needs more than just one USB-C port
- Asus ROG teases a massive gaming notebook that outperforms Titan X
- Chromebooks beat Mac notebooks 1.4-to-1 in U.S.
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCJunior PM/ConsultantACT
- CCSenior Change Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- CCSoftware Biomedical Solutions ArchitectSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160629/AP/793Asia
- CCETL Developer - Tableau FocusNSW
- CCProject Analyst/ CoordinatorVIC
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- FTPractice Lead - InsuranceNSW
- CCProgram Test ManagerNSW
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160704/AP/601Asia
- CCMiddleware Developer - BaselineACT
- FTSAP Solution Architect- Data Migration to SAP HR, payrollNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCSystems Engineer / Applications Scripting DeveloperSA
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCSAP PI/PO ConsultantVIC
- CCTechnical Writer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCSharePoint Consultant - Office 365NSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCBiztalk developerNSW
- CCIT Technical Writer- understanding in RDMBS,Web server, StorageNSW
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- CCTibco DeveloperWA