Apple will roll out a lower-priced and lighter-weight laptop in the first half of 2009 to compete in the growing "netbook" category, an analyst said today.
An Austrian security vendor has found a vulnerability in Windows Vista that it says could possibly allow an attacker to run unauthorized code on a PC.
Numerous Microsoft employees, including some top executives, urged their company to hold the line on the graphics requirements for the "Vista Capable" marketing campaign, both before and after the decision was made to loosen the rules, according to i...
Pressured by Intel, Microsoft relaxed the rules for a crucial Windows Vista marketing program -- a move that let the chip maker sell older graphics chip sets that were incapable of meeting the original requirements, internal e-mails show.
Google has patched Chrome to prevent attackers from stealing files from PCs running the open-source browser.
Mozilla on Wednesday patched 11 vulnerabilities in Firefox 3.0 -- and 12 bugs in the older Firefox 2.0 -- that could be used to compromise computers and steal information.
Advanced Micro Devices is jumping into the mini-notebook space, delivering processors starting in 2009 for small laptops that can run basic applications like Web surfing and e-mail, the company said Thursday.
Colombia will become the second country to use the One Laptop Per Child Project's (OLPC) XO laptops running Microsoft Windows XP in schools after signing an agreement for pilot programs in two towns, Microsoft said late Monday.
Microsoft next week will distribute a pre-beta of Windows Server 2008 R2 to a select group of testers and highlight the software's virtualization capabilities, integration with Windows 7 and other features.
The first generation of solid-state drives (SSDs) introduced in PCs last year failed to live up to the hype.
Netbooks equipped with solid-state drives (SSD) sporting as little as 16GB of storage capacity will be able to comfortably run Windows 7, Microsoft said on Thursday.
Microsoft has demonstrated its Windows 7 operating system (OS) on an Asus Eee PC featuring just 1GB of RAM and a 16GB solid-state drive.
Developers working on Mozilla's next browser Tuesday added a privacy mode to the still-under-construction Firefox 3.1, a major milestone in the development of the upgrade.
Mozilla's Firefox climbed above 20 percent market share for two weeks last month, but ended October just under the milestone, a Web metrics company said Tuesday.
Microsoft's latest security report shows that the number of new vulnerabilities found in its software was lower in first half of the year than the last half of 2007, with the Windows Vista OS proving more resistant to exploits than XP.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC One (M9) review: The weakest One in the trilogy
- 2 Google Nexus 9 review: The best of Google and HTC
- 3 Subaru WRX Premium CVT review: A wolf in sheep’s clothing
- 4 Oppo R5 review: Among the most innovative of smartphones
- 5 Apple Mac Mini review: A Macintosh that's easy on the wallet
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- HP moves on from Apple's Beats, partners with Bang & Olufsen on audio
- Medion's 5th generation Intel Core i3 laptop goes on sale at Aldi on 25 March
- Google's Chromebook Pixel opens USB Type-C to Android, Chrome OS devices
- Six things to know about the USB 3.1 port in the new MacBook
- Apple MacBook shows off Intel Core M, new battery technology
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Ad Operations ManagerQLD
- FTDigital Ad Operations ManagerNSW
- FTCRM Campaign ManagerNSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- FTDigital Producer - ConsumerNSW
- FTMedia Sales Executive - Client Side!!NSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTMobile Sales managerNSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTAgency Sales Manager - Software Sales - Major Global Tech Company!NSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTEmail Campaign Manager - leading fashion group!NSW
- CCInformation ArchitectNSW
- FTMarketing Executive | MusicNSW
- FTDigital Communications Specialist | Internet Services| BrisbaneNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTProduct Producer | MobileNSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- FTDigital Producer - Mobile AppsNSW