Microsoft Corp.'s Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) received a small bump in market share as the company launched the final version, according to Web measurement company Net Applications Inc.
Intel reaffirmed on Friday that it was readying new ultra-low-voltage chips, due in the second quarter, for inexpensive ultraportable laptops.
Windows 7 is the first Microsoft OS developed away from the watchful eye of Bill Gates, and the technical leaders who built it had to adjust to life at the company without its cofounder and former chief software architect, CEO Steve Ballmer said Thur...
A U.S. judge denied a request for judgment in the Microsoft Vista Capable suit, instead sending the case along to trial with a ruling Wednesday.
Taiwanese processor vendor Via Technologies rolled out a new reference design for laptops, called Surfboard C855, that includes its recently announced VX855 chipset capable of playing full high-definition video.
GlobalFoundries, the former manufacturing arm of rival Advanced Micro Devices, needs to pay Intel for a license to manufacture x86 processors, an Intel spokesman said Tuesday.
Google unveiled on Tuesday a new beta release of its Chrome browser, offering improvements in speed and capabilities, such as full page zoom.
Dell today unveiled what it claims is the world's thinnest laptop. The Adamo will be released under the Adamo by Dell brand name. Aimed at users who are after a fashionable and well-crafted product, the Adamo will be priced from $3699 for the standar...
A year ago, netbooks were viewed as a good chance for Linux to finally break into the desktop computing mainstream.
Apple Inc.'s retail sales, which fell by more than 5% in January, plummeted nearly 17% in February compared with the same month in 2008 as the company's high prices continued to take a toll, research company The NPD Group Inc. said Tuesday.
Advanced Micro Devices agreed to an Intel offer to make public the terms of a cross-license agreement at the heart of a dispute between the two companies. But there's one condition: in return, AMD wants Intel to lift a demand that evidence submitted ...
Marketing success story Kogan Technologies has announced what it claims is Australia’s cheapest 10-inch netbook computer powered by the Linux-based gOS operating system.
Lenovo has decided to unveil photos of its Pocket Yoga concept PC, an ultra-compact portable that's slim enough to slide in a back pocket. The leather-bound device, which resembles an oversized wallet, features a QWERTY keyboard and a touch screen.
Nokia is seriously contemplating entering the notebook market, according to research firm DisplaySearch. A blog entry by analyst John Jacobs quotes Nokia CEO Olli-Pekka Kallasvuo as saying in an interview with Finnish national broadcaster YLE that th...
Microsoft Corp. will deliver a release candidate of Windows 7 to the public in late May, according to a report from a noted Windows Web site.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Huawei female watch review: Bringing out your inner fashionista
- 4 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 5 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Early Android app support rolls out to two more Chromebooks
- Microsoft's pricey Surface Book is getting stomped by the ancient Surface Pro 3
- Alienware's tiny Alpha gaming PC gets bigger muscles... in the US
- Why Apple's new MacBook Pro needs more than just one USB-C port
- Asus ROG teases a massive gaming notebook that outperforms Titan X
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSenior Business Systems AnalystVIC
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- CCSOA -Solution Architect -baselineACT
- FTGraduate IT supportNSW
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS EngineerNSW
- FTSAP Team LeadVIC
- FTInfrastructure Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- FTProject Manager - IT Technology / Site RelocationsNSW
- CCDrupal DeveloperWA
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCSenior Systems AdministratorQLD
- FTSAS Support SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior .Net Applications SupportACT
- FTSQL DATA AnalyticsNSW
- CCTest Manager - Baseline SecurityVIC
- FTSAP Basis ConsultantVIC
- CCIP & Fixed Process Improvement SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160729/P/698Asia
- CCLead Business AnalystNSW
- CCApplication Service TechnicianVIC
- CCChange Analysts - multiple rolesNSW
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCProject Engineer -VIC
- FTFull-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC