Microsoft will drop Office 2004 for Mac from its support list in six months, the company confirmed Tuesday.
Notebooks - News
Fujitsu began selling in Japan on Tuesday a laptop that runs on wind power - well, almost. The company is purchasing wind power "green energy credits" for each of the "FMV Loox" laptops sold that are equivalent to the amount of electricity estimated ...
One of the most hated features of Windows Vista will be seen a third less often by users of the upcoming Windows 7, a Microsoft executive promised Monday.
Toshiba is refreshing its netbook line-up and with the new machines is switching to more spacious 10-inch screens.
Lenovo expects to release laptops to the Australian market with built-in disabling technology by June this year. Users will be able to phone their laptop in order to stop it from being used.
Federal and state regulators have struck a deal with Microsoft that any version of Windows released after May 2011 will not be subject to the scrutiny mandated by a 2002 antitrust settlement.<br/>
Some of Dell's online outlet stores, where it sells refurbished PCs, were unable to process orders Saturday due to an apparent technical error.
One Laptop Per Child on Friday refreshed its XO-1 laptop hardware, dumping chips from Advanced Micro Devices in favor of processors from Via Technologies.
Microsoft Thursday promised that it would provide at least one public beta to Office 2010, saying that its assertion to the contrary Wednesday was "the wrong impression."<br/>
Apple's Mac sales in the U.S. fell last quarter compared to the same period the year before, the first time the company has posted a year-to-year slide in six years, market research firm IDC said Thursday.
A new survey has found that the majority of IT staff don't plan to upgrade to Windows 7 in the next year, after Vista's failure to win hearts and minds. But even more concerning for Microsoft is that half are now considering an operating system from ...
Habits, once ingrained, are hard to break. Just ask any smoker -- or the 250 million people that have bought Microsoft Office.
PC shipments declined less than expected in the first quarter, propped up by consumers' continuing interest in low-cost netbooks, IDC said in a report Wednesday.
Mozilla Corp. is considering dropping support for Windows 2000 and the earliest versions of XP when it ships the follow-up to Firefox 3.5 in 2010, online discussions show.
Microsoft Corp. announced Thursday that it will start pushing Office 2007 Service Pack 2 (SP2) to customers this month.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Dell: Mainstream laptops with wireless charging are still years away
- SSD adoption in laptops exceeds expectations
- Apple will refund you for your iMac hinge repair costs
- MacBook Pro teardown reveals pointless speaker grilles and hard-to-replace Touch Bar
- Apple leads tablet sales, but the iPad Pro is not its best seller
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkSA
- CCService Desk Consultant-Baseline Clearance RequiredNSW
- FTSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | CommunitiesQLD
- FTChange AnalystVIC
- TPProgram ManagerNSW
- FTTechnology Testing Services ManagerQLD
- CCIntegration Systems SpecialistQLD
- TPFinancial Project management - Multiple grant programsNSW
- TPTechnical WriterACT
- FTFull Stack Web Developer - UI/UX - .NET or JAVANSW
- FTTechnical Account ManagerVIC
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTExecutive Sales ManagerVIC
- CCSecurity AnalystACT
- TPFunctional AnalystVIC
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetQLD
- TP.Net DeveloperVIC
- CCProject DirectorVIC
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkNSW
- FTJunior Design Project CoordinatorQLD