Via launched its fastest netbook processors to date as part of a new lineup of chips that also draw less power, the company said on Tuesday.
Notebooks - News
Although Microsoft leaders have spent years promoting tablet computers with only marginal success, excitement around the form factor is finally building, thanks to technology advancements, a Microsoft executive said.
Microsoft put eye-catching hardware on display at last week's Windows 7 launch event. From netbooks and ultrathins to standard-size laptops and All-in-One touchscreen PCs, here's a closer look at some of the shiniest new Windows 7 machines.
Acer executives have grumbled about the performance of Intel's processors for thin and light laptops but suggested that faster chips are coming early next year.
Microsoft has long said, and we have reminded users, that DirectX 11 is not just a Windows 7 technology. The company promised that DirectX 11 will be available for Vista around the same time as the release of its latest and greatest operating system.
Apple is reportedly breaking Hackintoshes -- meaning netbooks illegimately installed with Mac OS X -- with its latest update to Leopard.
Acer showed off two of its newest products on Friday, and said they'd be on global markets soon.
A Philadelphia developer has rooted out an unfinished feature of Windows 7 that turns any laptop into a wireless access point, allowing other Wi-Fi-enabled devices to share the connection without special software.
Canonical on Thursday updated its Linux distribution for netbooks, simplifying the interface and adding new programs that the company says will make it easier for users to access and use Web content.
Microsoft has confirmed that users can apply a workaround trick to do a clean install of Windows 7 on a blank hard drive as long as they toe the licensing line.
While the world focused on Microsoft's launch of Windows 7, Florida-based Psystar quietly launched Rebel EFI, a software product that should worry Apple a lot more than Microsoft's latest operating system. Rebel EFI allows users to run Apple's flagsh...
Dell on Tuesday started shipping its first rugged laptop with a multitouch display, which can operate in extreme environments and withstand drops, dust and spills.
Users remained stymied today by endless reboots after trying to upgrade their PCs to Windows 7, according to messages posted on Microsoft's support forum.
Apple may have missed the netbook boat by not producing a low-priced notebook to compete with the ultra-cheap portables that have cornered a significant portion of the PC market, a survey published today said.
Mark Shuttleworth, founder and CEO of Canonical Ltd., the maker of the most popular desktop Linux alternative to Microsoft Corp.'s Windows, not only claims to be "delighted" that Windows 7 is out, but calls the new operating system an "excellent rele...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Razer's revamped Blade Pro laptop marries a GeForce GTX 1080 with 4K G-Sync
- Tobii's new eye tracker adds head tracking with an emphasis on PC games
- Apple to announce new Macs at a special event October 27
- HP Omen 17 review: Great gaming performance at a great price
- Acer's swanky Swift 7 launches as the thinnest laptop ever
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSystem TestersQLD
- CCNetwork Capacity PlannerVIC
- FTInformation Architect, DataNSW
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCApplications Support Technical OfficerACT
- FTIncident & Problem AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Security) 161018/AP/383Asia
- FT.Net CRM Dynamics Developer LeadVIC
- CCWebpage Designer - Canberra RoleNSW
- CC.Net DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Procurement SpecialistVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/XML) 161018/JP/922Asia
- FTIntegration Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-Month Renewable Contract)Asia
- FTDevOps EngineerVIC
- FTKronos AdministratorNSW
- CCSAP GRC consultant with ABAP experience . Canberra LocationNSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Margin ProjectsNSW
- FTIntegration SpecialistSA
- CCAccounts Payable/Contract Officer- NSW Government backgroundNSW
- FTAgile Front End Developer- HTML5 & CSS3NSW