With Google Inc. working on its upcoming browser-based Chrome operating system, the company is intensifying its grudge match with rival Microsoft Corp.
Notebooks - News
Google is hosting an event today to offer the first official glimpse at the Chrome operating system. Chrome has ignited enthusiasm in an operating system market that has been largely stagnant for years. Google may succeed in shaking things up a bit.
Microsoft today denied that it has built a backdoor into Windows 7, a concern that surfaced yesterday after a senior National Security Agency (NSA) official testified before Congress that the agency had worked on the operating system.
Google said today that the upcoming release of its new Google Chrome operating system will not support hard disk drives in favor of solid state drives (SSD).
Google released its Chrome operating system to the open-source community on Thursday and said it has designed the netbook OS to be faster, simpler and more secure than existing ones.
The National Security Agency (NSA) worked with Microsoft on the development of Windows 7, an agency official acknowledged yesterday during testimony before Congress.
Microsoft posted the Office 2010 Beta to its developer and IT subscription sites today, another clue that it will soon offer the preview to the general public.
Apple's line of laptops ranked fourth in a multi-year reliability survey of nine notebook makers, according to a study of 30,000 portable computers published today by a company that provides after-sale warranties.
A Beijing court has ruled that Microsoft violated a Chinese company's intellectual property rights in a case over fonts used in past Windows operating systems, state media said Tuesday.
What mythical product will simultaneously kill off the Kindle, iPod, Zune, iPod, Nintendo DS, and a whole slew of cheap netbooks?
Hackers have figured out how to sidestep Windows 7's activation process, continuing a long-running battle with Microsoft, which has blocked such tactics in the past.
Google's much anticipated operating system, Chrome OS, will be available for download next week, or so goes the latest buzz on the Internet. The latest talk about Google's operating system is courtesy of TechCrunch's Michael Arrington, who says this ...
Microsoft Friday acknowledged that its Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool does indeed include open source code. To correct the error, the company next week will make the source code and binaries for the tool available under terms of the GPL v2 license.
A just-published Apple patent application for hand-writing recognition on pen-based computers has re-ignited speculation the company will soon unveil a tablet device. But if that's Apple's plan, the company may be in a furious race with Microsoft, wh...
Qualcomm put the spotlight on the smartbook concept at an analyst meeting in New York on Thursday, showing off a Lenovo-made device based on the Snapdragon chipset that company CEO Paul Jacobs said would be formally launched at the 2010 Consumer Elec...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Dell: Mainstream laptops with wireless charging are still years away
- SSD adoption in laptops exceeds expectations
- Apple will refund you for your iMac hinge repair costs
- MacBook Pro teardown reveals pointless speaker grilles and hard-to-replace Touch Bar
- Apple leads tablet sales, but the iPad Pro is not its best seller
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCChange Manager l Port Macquarie NSWQLD
- FTTechnology Testing CoordinatorQLD
- CCProject DirectorVIC
- TPProject Manager - EnterpriseACT
- FTChief ArchitectVIC
- CCNetwork Security Specialist - Palo Alto Firewall ExpertVIC
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCBiztalk DeveloperQLD
- CCCommunications OfficerACT
- CCDevOps Lead - Agile/AWSVIC
- CCBusiness/Process AnalystQLD
- CCChange Manager l Port Macquarie NSWNSW
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCSolution Delivery Manager / Project ManagerNSW
- TPSAP Implementation Manager - Finance System ProjectQLD
- FTIT Field EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantNSW
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)SA
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkSA
- FTLinux Systems EngineerQLD
- FTSenior AEM Consultant - Public SectorACT
- CCSoftware DeveloperNSW
- FTSecurity Incident / SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- FTJunior Design Project CoordinatorQLD