Does Dell's XPS 13 2-in-1 have what it takes to get you through you a full day of demanding work, streaming video and social media posting? CIO.com senior writer Sarah White runs Dell's newest hybrid through the paces to find out the answer.
Notebooks - News
Samsung will be bringing a new tablet to Mobile World Congress this year, the first update to the flagship Galaxy Tab S line in nearly 18 months.
iOS on the iPad isn't all it could be—here are a few ideas on how to fix it.
Lenovo's ThinkPad P71 is one superfast laptop that can work with HTC's Vive and Oculus Rift headsets.
Lenovo's bringing its cool new style of typing to the new Yoga A12 2-in-1, which can be an Android tablet or a laptop.
ARM tried but had a disastrous outing in PCs starting with Linux-based smartbooks and then tablets with Windows RT.
CIO.com's Sarah White reflects on her past month using the Microsoft's top-tier hybrid laptop, the Surface Book i7 with Performance Base.
Back in 2014, Intel declared it wanted laptops to be free of wires, and a centerpiece of that plan was wireless charging. But the technology has been slow to mature, and it may be years before the technology takes off.
Microsoft and Apple have both recently added new devices to their high-end lineups but which machine is better for you? CIO.com senior writer, Sarah White matches these two machines up to see who is the victor.
The use of solid state drives in notebooks and laptops has surpassed analyst expectations and is expected to reach 50% within the next few years.
Some iMacs that shipped between 2012 and 2014 came with faulty hinges, so now Apple is taking responsibility and issuing refunds for repairs.
The folks at iFixit got their hands on the new 13-inch MacBook Pro with Touch Bar, and here are all the surprises they uncovered during their teardown.
Thin may be in, but you can get more bang for your buck.
Tired of making too many resolution and quality sacrifices in your portable "gaming" laptop? With its GeForce GTX 1060, the MSI Stealth will change your view of a gaming laptop.
Apple and Samsung are the tablet leaders, even though the market continues to decline overall.
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Google Daydream VR headset
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Huawei Mate 9
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Surface Pro 4
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Everything we think we know about Samsung’s Galaxy Tab S3
- Lenovo's ThinkPad P71 will work with HTC, Oculus VR headsets
- Lenovo's Yoga A12 Android 2-in-1 has futuristic touch panel keyboard
- In PC comeback, ARM will battle Intel in Chromebooks and Windows 10
- Dell: Mainstream laptops with wireless charging are still years away
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- FTIt Security and process analystNSW
- CCSOE EngineerACT
- CCSystems Engineer (Systems Architect/Designer)VIC
- FTMicrosoft ProgrammerSA
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- FTSenior Systems AdministratorWA
- FTConsultant Business AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer - NetApp SpecialistNSW
- TPProduct Owner - Cloud SolutionsQLD
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTChief Architect - Public SectorACT
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- FTNodeJS DeveloperNSW
- CCInfrastructure Test AnalystACT
- TPSenior Test AnalystQLD
- CCDeployment EngineerSA
- FTSolutions Software DeveloperVIC
- CCNetwork Engineer (cisco)NSW
- FTStorage Solution ArchitectVIC
- TPUI/UX ConsultantWA
- FTSAP BOBJ ConsultantACT
- CCIT Procurement OfficerNSW
- CCCA ITCM / ITCA EngineerNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystVIC