The Dell XPS 13 (L321X) and Samsung Series 9 (NP900X3C-A01AU) Ultrabooks represent what's great about slim, mobile computers. Both are 13.3in models with superb build quality and looks, and both can be used to tackle everyday computing tasks (and mor...
Notebooks - Features
Each new gadget brings speculation about what older device it will replace--full-featured laptops supplant desktops, while ever-smarter phones relieve you from carrying a laptop on occasion. But don't overlook the partnerships that can result. Soon, ...
With the unveiling of Windows Phone 8, Microsoft completes the circuit it promised last fall at its BUILD developers conference. Even though the company took a meandering, lumbering route, today we're seeing a compelling combined desktop and mobile v...
We unbox Apple's latest creation, the impressive MacBook Pro with Retina display.
You have questions, oh so many questions, about the new Retina MacBook Pro. You had so many questions that they couldn’t all be covered in Jason Snell’s hands-on article. So Jason gracefully handed the Retina MacBook Pro over to me so I can address m...
Good Gear Guide traveled to Bangkok, Thailand to take a look at the 2012 Samsung Forum, where all the company's latest and greatest products were on display.
A laptop's portability makes it convenient - and an easy target for thieves.
As everybody knows, the most striking thing about Windows 8 is its Metro interface - those brightly colored tiles that serve as both shortcuts to programs and live widgets reporting data from those programs.
Prices for small and large laptops alike have come down significantly and there are plenty of bargains to be had this holiday season
See what the Acer Aspire S3, ASUS Zenbook UX31 and Toshiba Satellite Z830 look like side by side
All the talk of Ultrabooks and how they would be super-thin and light, yet powerful and well featured has now materialised into three Windows-based products that compare very well against the laptop that inspired them the MacBook Air.
Windows XP users, your favorite operating system is a decade old, and if you're still using it, you're not cool anymore, at least according to Microsoft. That's the software giant's recent take on its aging OS, which is still more popular than Vista ...
We take a close-up look at Dell's new 14in laptop, which boasts lots of speed under the hood.
We seem to always say this, but this time it's truer than ever: there has never been a better time to buy a well-featured and fast laptop. If you stroll down to your nearest retailer, be it JB Hi-Fi, The Good Guys or even Harvey Norman, you will find...
Back when Windows Vista was but a twinkle in Bill Gates's eye, Microsoft had some extremely ambitious plans to rid computer users of an outmoded concept called "files." But alas, WinFS (as the company's project was called) turned out to be too ambiti...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Razer's revamped Blade Pro laptop marries a GeForce GTX 1080 with 4K G-Sync
- Tobii's new eye tracker adds head tracking with an emphasis on PC games
- Apple to announce new Macs at a special event October 27
- HP Omen 17 review: Great gaming performance at a great price
- Acer's swanky Swift 7 launches as the thinnest laptop ever
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSenior Project Manager (Marketing Automation)NSW
- TPProject Coordinator - IT projectsVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclipse) 161007/AP/vmpAsia
- FTMid to senior Java Software EngineerNSW
- TPSenior IT Project CoordinatorQLD
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Functional Analyst - PeopleSoftQLD
- CCPOS EngineerNSW
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- CCTechnical Test AnalystACT
- TPGIS OfficerQLD
- CCService Now DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Oracle DBAQLD
- CCSenior Consultant, Enterpreneur in ResidenceVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst/Data Analytics ConsultantVIC
- CCChange Manager - Telco projectsNSW
- FTDynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- FTBI Analyst - Data and FraudNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Web Programming) 161013/AP/185Asia
- CCSenior Test Analyst (Brisbane Based)QLD
- FTMultiple Permanent Project Manager rolesACT
- FTCommercial Contracts Manager - DefenceSA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementVIC
- CCBusiness Process AnalystVIC
- CCSAP GRC consultant with ABAP experience . Canberra LocationVIC