Late yesterday, Microsoft unveiled the public beta for Windows 7, the follow-on and follow-up to Vista, which from all signs the company is trying to forget as fast as possible.
Notebooks - Features
Late Wednesday, Microsoft unveiled the public beta for Windows 7, the follow-on and follow-up to Vista, which from all signs the company is trying to forget as fast as possible.
Apple today announced an upgrade to its flagship notebook, the 17in MacBook Pro. The notebook boasts the same unibody enclosure found in the new MacBook line-up and the 15in MacBook Pro, as well as overhauled hardware specifications.
Firefox 3.1 may only be a point release -- from 3.0 to 3.1 -- but its just-released Beta 2 version is a good indication that the final release will be a must-have upgrade for anyone using Firefox.
Windows Vista Service Pack 2 has been released as a public beta version.
When Microsoft, Mozilla or Apple comes out with a new version of Internet Explorer, Firefox or Safari, it makes news -- mainly because most of us use one or more of these three Web browsers. In fact, with the exception of Google's Chrome (which made ...
Get a great laptop this Christmas!There's no doubt that one of the most functional and affordable tech gifts this Christmas season is a netbook. This is a laptop category that was virtually created by ASUS and its Eee PC, and since then almost every ...
As a small-business person, you might bemoan the fact you don't have 24/7 IT support like your larger-scale competitors. Don't panic. You can solve many of the most common computer problems yourself. Here are some snafus you can tackle on your own, t...
Coming up with a great technology product or service is only half the battle these days. Creating a name for said product that is at once cool but not too cool or exclusionary, marketable to both early adopters and a broader audience, and, of course,...
Has a surgeon ever told you that, although they're an expert and will do the best they can, the operation still has some inherent risks? Imagine replacing the surgeon with some cheap or free software.
The writing is on the wall. Despite a major push to sell the much-maligned Windows Vista, customers aren't buying. Nearly two years after Vista's release, Windows XP remains the standard desktop OS in business, and Microsoft has extended its availabi...
Windows 7 — Microsoft's long-waited successor to Windows Vista — is expected to ship in 2010, if not earlier. Until now, the software giant has remained tight-lipped on the features in the new OS.
What if Microsoft waved a magic wand and everything people hated about Windows Vista went away? You might have an operating system that you liked--and that's what Microsoft appears to be striving for with Windows 7. We checked out an early beta of th...
The netbook is one of the most interesting categories on the market. These small laptops can do most of the jobs of their big brothers while costing under US$500. For some people, such as students, a netbook can be a primary computer. For a business ...
One stone-cold fact about Windows 7 is that we need more stone-cold facts in order to understand the new operating system that is likely to arrive in early 2010.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- SSD adoption in laptops exceeds expectations
- Apple will refund you for your iMac hinge repair costs
- MacBook Pro teardown reveals pointless speaker grilles and hard-to-replace Touch Bar
- Apple leads tablet sales, but the iPad Pro is not its best seller
- Latest MacBook Pro price reset resembles shift to Retina in 2012
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTDesktop Support Team LeaderQLD
- CCSystem EngineerVIC
- FTLevel 1/2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP HR & Payroll Project ManagerACT
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedNSW
- FTJava Security SpecialistNSW
- CCData Scientist (Big Data)VIC
- FTLevel 2/3 ConsultantNSW
- FTLevel 1/2 Service Desk AnalystWA
- FTManager - Superannuation ConsultingNSW
- FTInfrastructure Team LeadVIC
- CCUI DesignerNSW
- FTIT EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Windows Systems Engineer- MCSE- SCOM, SCCMNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager / Program ManagerNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCService Desk Consultant - Must have baseline or NV1 clearanceNSW
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterSA
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTIT Information Security AdvisorNSW
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- FTProduct OwnerVIC
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW