Dell's Adamo notebook is sure to catch the eye of style gurus.
Notebooks - Features
Look out Australia, there's a new netbook about to hit town and it's by Kogan, the company responsible for affordable big-screen TVs, photo frames and other nifty products. After receiving a lot of feedback via blog comments about what people want to...
Microsoft Corp. is facing increasing pressure to bring its mainstream Windows operating system to the ARM mobile CPU. But analysts say the company should take a different route.
Got an aging Windows laptop or desktop computer, but money's too tight to buy a new one? Fret not. There's plenty of life in your old PC. It may seem sluggish and on the point of expiring, and its hard disk may be nearly full to bursting, but there's...
The 10.2in Kogan Agora Netbook Pro will be available for $539, and runs the gOS Linux distribution.
Apple has launched the first beta of Safari 4, the new version of its web browser for both Windows and Mac OS X computers.
Jeffrey Zeldman must have thought he'd never live to see the day. Ten years after he co-founded the Web Standards Project, all of the major browser vendors have shown renewed commitment to supporting World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) standards in the l...
Everyone likes to try new and shiny technology toys like the Windows 7 beta, but when the price is having to replace your existing operating system, that's too much for most people. That's when being able to use a virtualization program can come in d...
With the some of the most recognized names in the high-tech industry -- Intel, Arm, Microsoft, Linux, Acer, Dell, Hewlett-Packard, Sony, and many more --hyping netbooks as the next big thing, we decided to take a look at a category whose exact defini...
Apple's Safari, released for the Windows platform in June 2007, is the second newest browser on Windows, behind Google's Chrome. (Naturally, Apple's browser also runs on OS X, and on iPhone and iPod Touch devices in a mobile edition.) Safari leads th...
We've all heard about the netbook phenomenon. They're small, low on power, ultra-cheap, super portable and the fastest growing segment of the computer industry.
Netbooks are more than a fad, and fill an important niche in the market for consumer PCs, according to a Forrester Research report. However, the report warned that manufacturers were confusing consumers with "dangerous" branding strategies.
The challenge: switch from Windows Vista to Windows 7 completely.
Microsoft Windows 7 beta is now available for public download. We've compiled all the information you need to understand what's different with the Windows 7 beta and decide whether it's the right option for you.
Microsoft is busily promoting Windows 7, its next operating system and successor to the much-maligned Vista.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Dell: Mainstream laptops with wireless charging are still years away
- SSD adoption in laptops exceeds expectations
- Apple will refund you for your iMac hinge repair costs
- MacBook Pro teardown reveals pointless speaker grilles and hard-to-replace Touch Bar
- Apple leads tablet sales, but the iPad Pro is not its best seller
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPDeployment Support EngineerVIC
- TPJunior .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- CCService Desk Consultant-Baseline Clearance RequiredNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXVIC
- CCProject SchedulerNSW
- TPProject Manager with a Development BackgroundQLD
- FTIdentity Access + Security ConsultantSA
- FTFull stack Developer - Senior (Java or C# and AngularJS) x 3QLD
- CCProgram Support OfficerNSW
- FTSecurity IPS Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTTechnology Testing CoordinatorQLD
- FTFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)Other
- CCTester (6 month contract) FinanceNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkQLD
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- TPIDAM ArchitectVIC
- FTApplications Sales ExecutiveWA
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- TPProgram ManagerNSW