With the appearance of Windows 7's Release to Manufacturing (RTM) build, Microsoft may be hoping that it can finally dismiss Windows Vista as an unsuccessful experiment that paved the way for something better.
Outrage spread like wildfire across the Internet this week with criticism of Microsoft's alleged new upgrade process for Windows 7. People were concerned if they wanted to upgrade to Windows 7 they would be required to activate the current version of...
Microsoft will never win a war of words with Apple. And it should give up trying. The result is never good: Better to ignore the annoying fly than to look stupid trying to swat it and repeatedly missing.
Google says it is working on an operating system designed for netbooks that boots in seconds, is impervious to viruses, and is designed to run Web-based applications really well. What's not to like? Plenty--if you're the number one software maker, Mi...
Free LCD TVs, laptops for less than $300, bargain iPhone plans, cheap laser printers and more in our update of hot deals! Hurry some offers end July 31!
Windows 7 pre-orders may be burning up the charts, but many users are apparently still reluctant to switch over to Microsoft's newest operating system. This is particularly true for businesses that are a little upgrade-wary after investing in Vista,...
Microsoft is launching Windows 7, Google has fired back with Chrome OS, and today Microsoft is turning up the volume on Office 2010. That's a lot to juggle, and soon you'll be asking yourself: Can I afford to upgrade or can I afford not to upgrade?
HP's newest netbook is an economy-class version of the company's popular Mini 1000 line. What corners get cut, and is this mini-laptop worth its weight? Read our first impressions.
If Microsoft wants Windows 7 to succeed, to do better than limp like Vista, it has to convince the majority of users to ditch their comfortable-as-an-old-shoe -- older than an old shoe, actually -- OS.
The announcement a few days ago of Google's new Chrome OS was simultaneously shocking and expected. It's a typically understated and quietly ambitious move on behalf of Google. It's also proof -- if it were needed -- that Google people are supremely ...
News of Google's Chrome operating system is sending waves though the tech world with some saying the OS signals the beginning of the end for Microsoft and others who say Google will fall flat on its face and fail.
When it comes to Apple laptops, what's in a name? More specifically, what does adding the "Pro" moniker to Apple's 13-in. MacBook mean?
As smart and popular as Google may be, the success of Chrome OS is not a fait accompli. Sometimes the smartest and most popular kid at school simply falls on his face.
There's little doubt in my mind that Google will not fail with Chrome OS.
Google's idea of an operating system sounds pretty cool: Lightweight. Speedy. Secure. Web-centric. But while I'm sure Chrome OS will pick up some fans, I have a hard time seeing this as the way of the future for computing.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's pricey Surface Book is getting stomped by the ancient Surface Pro 3
- Alienware's tiny Alpha gaming PC gets bigger muscles... in the US
- Why Apple's new MacBook Pro needs more than just one USB-C port
- Asus ROG teases a massive gaming notebook that outperforms Titan X
- Chromebooks beat Mac notebooks 1.4-to-1 in U.S.
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCTenable Security - Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTLead Tableau Reporting ConsultantNSW
- FTSAP Solution Architect- Data Migration to SAP HR, payrollNSW
- CCMulesoft Integration DeveloperWA
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/ SQL*PLUS/PL/SQL/PRO*C) 160617/AP/983Asia
- CCLead UX DesignerNSW
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/SQL) 160621/AP/082Asia
- CCTechnology DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL/Oracle) 160630/SA/254Asia
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160630/SITA/642Asia
- CCRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT
- CCMobility Developer (iOS or Android)NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, LifeNSW
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- CCProgram Test ManagerNSW
- CCLevel 1 & 2 Helpdesk (Need SAP, ERP system experience)NSW
- CCLead Solution Analyst - BMC Remedy softwareVIC
- CCSenior Change Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Data/ InformationVIC
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW