Google says it is working on an operating system designed for netbooks that boots in seconds, is impervious to viruses, and is designed to run Web-based applications really well. What's not to like? Plenty--if you're the number one software maker, Mi...
Free LCD TVs, laptops for less than $300, bargain iPhone plans, cheap laser printers and more in our update of hot deals! Hurry some offers end July 31!
Windows 7 pre-orders may be burning up the charts, but many users are apparently still reluctant to switch over to Microsoft's newest operating system. This is particularly true for businesses that are a little upgrade-wary after investing in Vista,...
Microsoft is launching Windows 7, Google has fired back with Chrome OS, and today Microsoft is turning up the volume on Office 2010. That's a lot to juggle, and soon you'll be asking yourself: Can I afford to upgrade or can I afford not to upgrade?
HP's newest netbook is an economy-class version of the company's popular Mini 1000 line. What corners get cut, and is this mini-laptop worth its weight? Read our first impressions.
If Microsoft wants Windows 7 to succeed, to do better than limp like Vista, it has to convince the majority of users to ditch their comfortable-as-an-old-shoe -- older than an old shoe, actually -- OS.
The announcement a few days ago of Google's new Chrome OS was simultaneously shocking and expected. It's a typically understated and quietly ambitious move on behalf of Google. It's also proof -- if it were needed -- that Google people are supremely ...
News of Google's Chrome operating system is sending waves though the tech world with some saying the OS signals the beginning of the end for Microsoft and others who say Google will fall flat on its face and fail.
When it comes to Apple laptops, what's in a name? More specifically, what does adding the "Pro" moniker to Apple's 13-in. MacBook mean?
As smart and popular as Google may be, the success of Chrome OS is not a fait accompli. Sometimes the smartest and most popular kid at school simply falls on his face.
There's little doubt in my mind that Google will not fail with Chrome OS.
Google's idea of an operating system sounds pretty cool: Lightweight. Speedy. Secure. Web-centric. But while I'm sure Chrome OS will pick up some fans, I have a hard time seeing this as the way of the future for computing.
Google's unveiling of its Chrome OS project was akin to opening a Pandora's box of questions. Perhaps actor Joe Pesci said it best in his role as David Ferrie in Oliver Stone's "JFK": "It's a mystery wrapped inside a riddle inside an enigma". While w...
At the risk of piling on, I'll join the chorus of those who wish Windows 7 Ultimate was, well, more ultimate--offering truly important features that aren't in other versions of the new OS. While I don't think having an "Ultimate" that really isn't wi...
Since the general beta release, Windows 7 has been through the testing ringer and has come out with mostly high marks for its speed, flexibility, user interface (UI) and networking features.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- ASUS launches world’s first liquid-cooled gaming laptop
- Apple might show off iPhone 5se and iPad Air 3 at March 15 event
- Monster gaming laptop from CybertronPC packs latest desktop hardware
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Chromebooks are siphoning market share from Windows PCs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS.Net/Visual Basic) 160129/AP/vtdAsia
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorNSW
- CCMultiple Middleware DevelopersACT
- CCTibco DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Reports) 160129/AP/vhs-aAsia
- CCHigh Level Network Engineer (Communications)WA
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCSolution Architect - Biomedical - South Australia locationSA
- FTProject Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCService Delivery Manager - Infrastructure/ApplicationsNSW
- FTChange LeadNSW
- FTProject Coordinator - My Learning Space (Oracle iLearning)NSW
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- FTServer EngineerNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - IT SecurityNSW
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (MSSQL/.Net/Mobile App) 160122/SA/vhaAsia
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCInformation ArchitectQLD
- CCAutomation QAVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness and Financial AnalystACT