With the appearance of Windows 7's Release to Manufacturing (RTM) build, Microsoft may be hoping that it can finally dismiss Windows Vista as an unsuccessful experiment that paved the way for something better.
Outrage spread like wildfire across the Internet this week with criticism of Microsoft's alleged new upgrade process for Windows 7. People were concerned if they wanted to upgrade to Windows 7 they would be required to activate the current version of...
Microsoft will never win a war of words with Apple. And it should give up trying. The result is never good: Better to ignore the annoying fly than to look stupid trying to swat it and repeatedly missing.
Google says it is working on an operating system designed for netbooks that boots in seconds, is impervious to viruses, and is designed to run Web-based applications really well. What's not to like? Plenty--if you're the number one software maker, Mi...
Free LCD TVs, laptops for less than $300, bargain iPhone plans, cheap laser printers and more in our update of hot deals! Hurry some offers end July 31!
Windows 7 pre-orders may be burning up the charts, but many users are apparently still reluctant to switch over to Microsoft's newest operating system. This is particularly true for businesses that are a little upgrade-wary after investing in Vista,...
Microsoft is launching Windows 7, Google has fired back with Chrome OS, and today Microsoft is turning up the volume on Office 2010. That's a lot to juggle, and soon you'll be asking yourself: Can I afford to upgrade or can I afford not to upgrade?
HP's newest netbook is an economy-class version of the company's popular Mini 1000 line. What corners get cut, and is this mini-laptop worth its weight? Read our first impressions.
If Microsoft wants Windows 7 to succeed, to do better than limp like Vista, it has to convince the majority of users to ditch their comfortable-as-an-old-shoe -- older than an old shoe, actually -- OS.
The announcement a few days ago of Google's new Chrome OS was simultaneously shocking and expected. It's a typically understated and quietly ambitious move on behalf of Google. It's also proof -- if it were needed -- that Google people are supremely ...
News of Google's Chrome operating system is sending waves though the tech world with some saying the OS signals the beginning of the end for Microsoft and others who say Google will fall flat on its face and fail.
When it comes to Apple laptops, what's in a name? More specifically, what does adding the "Pro" moniker to Apple's 13-in. MacBook mean?
As smart and popular as Google may be, the success of Chrome OS is not a fait accompli. Sometimes the smartest and most popular kid at school simply falls on his face.
There's little doubt in my mind that Google will not fail with Chrome OS.
Google's idea of an operating system sounds pretty cool: Lightweight. Speedy. Secure. Web-centric. But while I'm sure Chrome OS will pick up some fans, I have a hard time seeing this as the way of the future for computing.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Hands-on with Asus ROG G752 and GeForce GTX 1070 (or holy crap this thing is fast!)
- Surface Pro 3's massive battery drain is a software problem, Microsoft says
- Early Android app support rolls out to two more Chromebooks
- Microsoft's pricey Surface Book is getting stomped by the ancient Surface Pro 3
- Alienware's tiny Alpha gaming PC gets bigger muscles... in the US
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/MySQL/PHP) 160819/SA/173Asia
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- CCWindows EngineerVIC
- CCWebmaster content managementACT
- CCContract Senior Web Developer (PHP/Drupal/JAVA) 160808/SWD/vtdAsia
- FTSAP Ariba Consultant/ManagerVIC
- CCInfrastructure Security EngineerNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer - TelecomVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Unix/Linux/Web) 160819/AP/173Asia
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer - Brand NEW IoT ProjectNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160822/AP/259Asia
- CCSenior Network Engineer - Voice And DataVIC
- FTSAP BASIS HANA ConsultantNSW
- CCInfrastructure Designer - AWSNSW
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160817/SITA/902Asia
- FTIT Security & Risk ManagerNSW
- CCJunior SQL DBA - Entry LevelVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Oracle SQL/.Net) 160812/AP/vhsAsia
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- CCFinance Analyst (Junior)VIC
- CCSecurity ArchitectACT
- CCIBM ODM Expert (Operation Decision Manager)ACT