Forty years ago this summer, a programmer sat down and knocked out in one month what would become one of the most important pieces of software ever created.
Notebooks - Features
There are some fantastic tools out there that can be yours for nothing if you know where to look. We show you how to reclaim processor cycles and streamline your PC for free.
If Apple doesn't introduce a tablet computer soon, we'll all be sorely disappointed. With all the ongoing speculation about the alleged iPod-on-steroids, I feel like the device is already here.
Over a dozen new laptops released, with screens ranging from 13.3-18.4in
It is hard--make that impossible--to recommend that Windows XP users upgrade to Windows 7.
In an industry that gets off on throwing obscure benchmarks at buyers, laptop battery life is one of the easiest to understand.
With the appearance of Windows 7's Release to Manufacturing (RTM) build, Microsoft may be hoping that it can finally dismiss Windows Vista as an unsuccessful experiment that paved the way for something better.
Outrage spread like wildfire across the Internet this week with criticism of Microsoft's alleged new upgrade process for Windows 7. People were concerned if they wanted to upgrade to Windows 7 they would be required to activate the current version of...
Microsoft will never win a war of words with Apple. And it should give up trying. The result is never good: Better to ignore the annoying fly than to look stupid trying to swat it and repeatedly missing.
Google says it is working on an operating system designed for netbooks that boots in seconds, is impervious to viruses, and is designed to run Web-based applications really well. What's not to like? Plenty--if you're the number one software maker, Mi...
Free LCD TVs, laptops for less than $300, bargain iPhone plans, cheap laser printers and more in our update of hot deals! Hurry some offers end July 31!
Windows 7 pre-orders may be burning up the charts, but many users are apparently still reluctant to switch over to Microsoft's newest operating system. This is particularly true for businesses that are a little upgrade-wary after investing in Vista,...
Microsoft is launching Windows 7, Google has fired back with Chrome OS, and today Microsoft is turning up the volume on Office 2010. That's a lot to juggle, and soon you'll be asking yourself: Can I afford to upgrade or can I afford not to upgrade?
HP's newest netbook is an economy-class version of the company's popular Mini 1000 line. What corners get cut, and is this mini-laptop worth its weight? Read our first impressions.
If Microsoft wants Windows 7 to succeed, to do better than limp like Vista, it has to convince the majority of users to ditch their comfortable-as-an-old-shoe -- older than an old shoe, actually -- OS.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Dell: Mainstream laptops with wireless charging are still years away
- SSD adoption in laptops exceeds expectations
- Apple will refund you for your iMac hinge repair costs
- MacBook Pro teardown reveals pointless speaker grilles and hard-to-replace Touch Bar
- Apple leads tablet sales, but the iPad Pro is not its best seller
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPProject CoordintorVIC
- TPMobile Application DeveloperWA
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- FTPMO Coordinator - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- FTIdentity Access + Security ConsultantSA
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTManager Integration PlanningNSW
- CCSenior Full-stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCDigital Business Analyst - Apps DevelopmentNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager - Queensland TerritoryQLD
- FTTechnical Support RepresentativeNSW
- FTJnr Security SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- FT.NET CMS DeveloperWA
- TPBusiness/Data AnalystQLD
- CCMultiple Infrastructure ArchitectsWA
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkACT
- TPMS Dynamics Post Implementation BAQLD
- FTERP Support ConsultantQLD
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTLife/400 Technical Business AnalystNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW