Windows Vista never was particularly speedy in most people's eyes. Whether it deserved the reputation or not, the word on the street was that Vista was both slow and bloated.
Notebooks - Features
This week you can grab some great bargains -- a 50in Full HD plasma TV for under $2000, a cheap laptop, a bargain GPS and a cut-price TiVo bundle!
Sony Australia showed off its latest VAIO X series notebook yesterday at a press launch in Sydney. Although no technical specifications were revealed -- and we tried to sneak a look at them -- we were lucky enough to get our hands on a production mod...
We take a look at the new range of stylish Acer touch-screen laptops, as well as a lightweight projector, a touch-screen LCD monitor and a desktop PC
Discounted Apple products, cheap colour laser printing and more!
Arena 2 at Tech.Ed was surprisingly not a full house as a session was given on the top 10 reasons for deploying Windows 7. Not surprisingly, the number one reason for deploying Windows 7 is its performance, including how the operating system performs...
Perhaps one of the most interesting products to come out of the first day of this year's IFA electronics fair in Berlin is Toshiba's JournE Internet and multimedia tablet.
Need to pick up a last minute Father's Day gift? Or just want to splurge on yourself? Check out some of the great deals we've rounded up.
The Nokia Booklet 3G netbook may have some clever innovations, including mobile broadband and a 12-hour battery, but its steep price tag will drive customers away.
With 3/5ths of a family pack installed, Apple's Snow Leopard has not changed my family's lives. In fact, if you didn't know Snow Leopard was on-board, you might not notice.
Apple Genius Bars will likely be standing-room only this week as numerous user complaints about Snow Leopard spread across the Web.
It's the best of times if you're a lover of operating systems, with the nearly simultaneous release of Apple's Mac OS X 10.6 "Snow Leopard" (available right now) and Microsoft's Windows 7 (available Oct. 22). This leads to the inevitable debate: Whic...
One of the biggest points of confusion around Apple's newest version of Mac OS X is about whether it's really a 64-bit or a 32-bit operating system. Apple bills Snow Leopard as supporting 64-bit from top to bottom, while some industry watchers say it...
Snow Leopard’s Finder and Windows 7’s Explorer have strikingly similar interfaces, with quick-search fields in the upper-right corner, path bars (OS X’s is optional and can be switched on in the View menu), and sidebars that provide easy access to va...
Netbooks are universally regarded for their portability, but no two netbook models are exactly alike, and each seems to come with different trade-offs.
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® Portable SSD
Acer Swift 7
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Google Daydream VR headset
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Huawei Mate 9
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Surface Pro 4
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 3 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 4 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 5 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Razer’s updated Blade Pro is the first ever THX-certified laptop
- More iPad screen sizes unlikely to stop slump
- Android struggling in tablets as Windows 10 2-in-1s come on strong
- Samsung unveils Galaxy Book, a Windows 10 tablet aimed at the Surface-curious
- Everything we think we know about Samsung’s Galaxy Tab S3
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- Subaru XV 2017 review
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTFull Stack Software DeveloperQLD
- TPGIS Resource Data & TestingQLD
- TPIT Service Desk AnalystVIC
- FTContracts ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Front End DeveloperVIC
- FTJava Developer - Short team Contract @ CanberraACT
- FTService Desk Consultant - Entry Level / GraduateNSW
- FTSales/Account Manager - Education SectorNSW
- CCDB2 System ProgrammerVIC
- CCSenior Network Architect l CCIE R&S l Cisco ACINSW
- CCHyperion SpecialistQLD
- TPTechnical ArchitectVIC
- FTHadoop Service AdministratorNSW
- CCCloud Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- CCSAP FICO ConsultantWA
- FTJava Developer - Short team Contract @ CanberraVIC
- FTSAP HR Functional ConsultantQLD
- CCApplication PackagerNSW
- FTWorkforce AnalystNSW
- FTMonitoring Tools Support l NimSoft , SMARTS, ehealth, TivoliNSW
- CCIT Project Scheduler- Port MacquarieQLD
- CCIT Business Analyst - UX DesignNSW
- FTIT Business Process Analyst x 3 - (government background)NSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD