Need to pick up a last minute Father's Day gift? Or just want to splurge on yourself? Check out some of the great deals we've rounded up.
The Nokia Booklet 3G netbook may have some clever innovations, including mobile broadband and a 12-hour battery, but its steep price tag will drive customers away.
With 3/5ths of a family pack installed, Apple's Snow Leopard has not changed my family's lives. In fact, if you didn't know Snow Leopard was on-board, you might not notice.
Apple Genius Bars will likely be standing-room only this week as numerous user complaints about Snow Leopard spread across the Web.
It's the best of times if you're a lover of operating systems, with the nearly simultaneous release of Apple's Mac OS X 10.6 "Snow Leopard" (available right now) and Microsoft's Windows 7 (available Oct. 22). This leads to the inevitable debate: Whic...
One of the biggest points of confusion around Apple's newest version of Mac OS X is about whether it's really a 64-bit or a 32-bit operating system. Apple bills Snow Leopard as supporting 64-bit from top to bottom, while some industry watchers say it...
Snow Leopard’s Finder and Windows 7’s Explorer have strikingly similar interfaces, with quick-search fields in the upper-right corner, path bars (OS X’s is optional and can be switched on in the View menu), and sidebars that provide easy access to va...
Netbooks are universally regarded for their portability, but no two netbook models are exactly alike, and each seems to come with different trade-offs.
In building Snow Leopard, the latest version of Mac OS X (version 10.6), Apple focused more on under-the-hood improvements to boost speed and stability than on adding new features. That contrasts with its predecessor, Leopard (Mac OS X 10.5), which a...
There are a variety of enhancements and refinements introduced in Snow Leopard, the next version of the Mac OS, which Apple announced will be available this Friday (August 28).
A lot has changed in the 20 years since the first laptop computers appeared, including gigahertz processors, color screens, optical drives and wireless data. However, one thing that has stubbornly stayed the same is the conventional clamshell format ...
Your dad probably already has a notebook computer -- an old one which he probably curses at every time it freezes, just when he's about to open up a funny e-mail from one of his mates. This Father’s Day why not give your dad a new notebook PC so he c...
Microsoft's recent "Laptop Hunters" ad campaign is centered on the idea that Macs are more expensive than PCs and that the cost of core business and productivity tools for the Mac add to that expense.
We talk to the developers behind MenuetOS: an operating system written entirely in assembly language
The average PC user expects that their computer's operating system will consume a fair chunk of hard drive space. Windows Vista Premium can take 15GB of hard drive space to install and tax even modern desktop PCs and notebooks. Indeed, thanks in part...
Hold the presses, kiddos -- we have a hot new Apple rumor on our hands. This time, Apple has allegedly scheduled a "keynote event" for September, according to some unnamed sources quoted over at some unnamed blog. (Okay, I got carried away; the blog ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 3 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 4 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- 5 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Why my older Chromebook has a right to live, even if Google says it's over
- A Surface all-in-one PC may lead a Microsoft hardware refresh in October
- Hands-on with Asus ROG G752 and GeForce GTX 1070 (or holy crap this thing is fast!)
- Surface Pro 3's massive battery drain is a software problem, Microsoft says
- Early Android app support rolls out to two more Chromebooks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCEnterprise Application ArchitectQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA