Apple has asked people to drop their netbooks and go with the "magical" iPad, which will be uncloaked in U.S. stores on Saturday morning. The excitement around the device is high, but will it live up to its hype?
With iPad buzz reaching a crescendo, Asus chairman Jonney Shih talked up his plans to rival Apple's tablet.
Rule number one of over-hype: just being talked about isn't enough. That's hype. The crux of excessive hype is disappointment, the gap between the pitch and one's reaction. Um, is that really it?
HP Australia has announced a new range of business products, including desktop PCs, notebooks and accessories. We take a look at some of the new offerings, which were unveiled at the HP 2010: Elevate roadshow.
If there ever were a divisive computer, Apple's iPad is it.
We round up the best tech bargains of the week, including a Samsung smartphone that records HD video, a Sharp television that doubles as a Blu-ray player and a massive Harvey Norman sale!
Let the iPad app cavalcade begin. Amazon showed off a Kindle iPad app Monday vowing to bring its e-reader and e-bookstore to the iPad.
If you're thinking about getting a netbook, the latest 10in mini-notebooks from Toshiba and HP have a lot to offer. Both have identical specs, but that doesn't mean they share the same features. We've pitted the HP Mini 210 (NB-210-1017TU_01) against...
These are a few of our favourite blings: We take a stroll down millionaire lane with the world's most expensive mobile phone accessories, notebooks and more!
We look at some weird, wacky and wonderful customised notebooks
Apple's iPad goes on sale April 3 in the US triggering a challenge by Amazon to keep customers interested in buying its Kindle e-book reader and e-books.
A 17in gaming notebook with a Core i7-720M CPU, two 500GB hard drives, 8GB RAM and ATI Mobility Radeon 5870 graphics
Up close and personal with Lenovo's multitouch netbook
With chip makers continuing to increase the number of cores they include on each new generation of their processors, perhaps it's time to rethink the basic architecture of today's operating systems, suggested Dave Probert, a kernel architect within t...
BlackBerry Bold 9700 smartphone, Garmin nuvi 225W GPS, Medion Akoya E4360 D desktop PC from ALDI, and more!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- ASUS launches world’s first liquid-cooled gaming laptop
- Apple might show off iPhone 5se and iPad Air 3 at March 15 event
- Monster gaming laptop from CybertronPC packs latest desktop hardware
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Chromebooks are siphoning market share from Windows PCs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager - NV1 clearance mandatoryNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCChange LeadNSW
- CCMid-level DevOps EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Lead (C#/.Net)NSW
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - Superannuation FundVIC
- CCDesktop Support L1, 2 & 3NSW
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectNSW
- FTSOE EngineerQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NPPVIC
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCOracle Business Analyst / TrainerSA
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW