If you can only have one, you’ll want to check out these reasons for choosing the iPad Pro over the MacBook – and vice versa.
Despite firmware and driver updates, users are reporting persistent problems with Microsoft's three-day-old laptop and tablet
Microsoft last week demonstrated how much of a black box a Windows 10 update may be to the millions of users expected to upgrade to the new operating system.
This page is a collection of all the notebook reviews we've completed so far in 2015. It contains not only traditional notebooks, but also 2-in-1 hybrids that can be converted from tablet to notebook and back again.
A size that's only just bigger than an A4 sheet of paper is just the beginning for this sleek Ultrabook, which we think is one of the best looking laptops on the market.
A few things have changed since the last time we completed a feature article on what to look for when buying a laptop, but the main thing we want to highlight for this particular article is processing technology. Intel has come along and redefined th...
Things are changing at Microsoft. The company is embarking on a strategy that has cloud and mobile computing at its core. Software previously monopolised on Windows is being made available to customers of rivalling platforms. Investments are being ma...
Our Back to Business guide features a selection of products from our sponsors and editors, and gives you some useful pointers on the gear that can help you be more productive. It includes essentials for the office, stuff for executives, mobile gear t...
It's that time of year again when most of us fret over what to buy for our loved ones. Fear not, though, for our Christmas Gift Guide can set you in the right direction, no matter what your budget.
Alienware's answer to the question "can I use my laptop for all my gaming needs?" lies in a dedicated external box called a Graphics Amplifier, which can allow the new Alienware 13 laptop to tap into high-end desktop graphics cards.
A lot of us have network attached storage (NAS) devices on which we store all our music, videos, photos, and other personal files. It's a central storage location that's accessible to all computers and compatible media streamers on a network if it's ...
Computex 2014 was riddled with knock-off smartwatches, phones, tablets, headphones, televisions and even one company who is trying to cash in on another brand. Here is a collection of our favourites.
The 2014 World Cup has kicked off! Even if you’re happy to sacrifice sleep like us, life can get in the way; work, commutes, driving, and ill-timed commitments are a few disruptions. The following is a guide to help you stream the World Cup when out ...
If there is such a thing as the perfect Windows laptop, we haven't yet found it. There is always something that holds a product back from being flawless, whether it's the build quality or a missing feature. Here's our guide on what to look for when c...
Here are some of the best Windows-based laptops we've reviewed so far in 2014.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's Surface Pen buttons can now be tweaked to launch any program
- DisplayMate report: iPad Pro’s “top tier professional display” edged out by Surface Pro 4 in color accuracy
- Eyes off! HP, 3M join forces to build native privacy screens into laptops
- Dell's new Skylake Precision laptops get smaller, thinner and faster
- LG’s Gram laptop is larger yet lighter than a MacBook Air
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- CCSenior Business Analyst - IT SecurityNSW
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- CCProgram Master SchedulerNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Oracle ProcurementSA
- CCSAP Basis Admin with JavaACT
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Loyalty SystemsNSW
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- CCOracle Business AnalystSA
- CCHelpdesk SupportNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- FTSenior Project Manager - SecurityNSW
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Biomedical - South Australia locationSA
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer, International SoftwareNSW
- FTChange & Communications OfficerQLD