Apple would be smart to make good on speculation about new iPad screen sizes, but don't expect the recent slump in tablet sales to end, analysts said.
We've seen a great many MSI Gaming laptops over the past months. There's a flavour for eevryone, whether it’s a 120Hz screen, a desktop-style mechanical keyboard, a water-cooled chassis or SLI graphics. Some of them are the size of a briefcase.
Only recently we were looking at Venom's Blackbook Zero 14 – a laptop designed to be fast, lightweight and with few distractions. Venom is an Aussie manufacturer globally-selling computers that have a serious attention to detail on the insides: ensuring that they can reliably work at optimum speeds. Now here's Kogan offering, what on the surface appears to be very similar, but for less than half the price. So which should you buy?
Which laptops are on sale at big discounts?
We’ve seen some absolutely massive gaming laptops from MSI but then they’ve had things like SLI graphics and mechanical, desktop keyboards embedded.
We’ve seen a few Aussie ultraportable lappies lately but this is the cheapest. Is it the best?
In 2010, Apple's Steve Jobs welcomed the post-PC era when it introduced the iPad. Now in 2017, PCs are still around and on their way to recovery, while slate-style tablets are struggling. Apple remains the top tablet seller, but its shipments are diving, and Android tablets aren't as hot as they used to be.
Arriving in 10.6- and 12-inch versions, Samsung's new tablets are packed with productivity features—plus the inevitable extra trick for Samsung enthusiasts.
Our updated list of gaming laptops
Here are the best laptops that also work well as tablet devices
We list our top rated notebooks for the month, ranging from Ultrabooks to gaming units
Our top rated Ultrabooks for February 2012
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® Portable SSD
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Huawei Mate 9
Acer Swift 7
Google Daydream VR headset
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- More iPad screen sizes unlikely to stop slump
- Android struggling in tablets as Windows 10 2-in-1s come on strong
- Samsung unveils Galaxy Book, a Windows 10 tablet aimed at the Surface-curious
- Everything we think we know about Samsung’s Galaxy Tab S3
- Lenovo's ThinkPad P71 will work with HTC, Oculus VR headsets
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- LG 2017 OLED and Super LED UHD 4K TVs: Hands-on review
- Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTSystem EngineersVIC
- FTWEB DesignerQLD
- FTHR Application Architect - WorkdayVIC
- FTCitrix ArchitectNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCChange AnalystVIC
- FTGIS Software DeveloperQLD
- FTCyber Security - Technical SpecialistACT
- FTLevel 3 Systems EngineerNSW
- FTProduct Manager / Business Analyst Clinical Solutions (Lorenzo)QLD
- FTKey Account ManagerVIC
- FTLevel 2 Technical Support OfficerQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst Digitalisation projectsQLD
- FTMid-Level Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)ACT
- FTDatabase DeveloperSA
- TPSalesforce Functional AnalystNSW
- FTApplication Support LeadQLD
- TPDeployment OfficerQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTWeb User Interface Developer. Work Location - CanberraNSW
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Engineer - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCOrganisational Change Manager - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW
- FTTechnical Writer - Reports EditorQLD
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD