Surface Pro 3 owners may not have to deal with a battery recall, after all. Microsoft says the tablet's sudden battery drain stems from software, not a hardware problem.
A newer processor, more VRAM, faster storage, and a cooler chassis provide good, if smaller-scale, improvements over last year's Blade. However, this year's Blade may end up having limited appeal depending on Nvidia's plans for mobile versions of its 10-series GPU.
The addition of Acer's R11 and the 2015 Chromebook Pixel brings the total number of Chromebooks able to run the Play Store to three.
Venom is a Melbourne based laptop company that’s making waves around the world. Unlike other local systems integrators, venom sells the same-specified laptops internationally so you can buy them anywhere knowing you’re getting the same device. The Blackbook 13 Zero is a straight laptop - there’s no fancy touch-screen or tablet mode (or myriad other things that can go wrong). It’s just a laptop. But there’s more to it than that.
Some business people need great ultraportable laptops and the price is irrelevant. But even the most care-free buyer will baulk at the Nice Beaches Tax that Dell Australia is dumping on its latest business flagship, In the US this model can be had for US$1449. At the current exchange rate that's $1910 AUD. Yet in the Australian Dell Store the same laptop is on sale for a whopping $4605.70.
Slaint calls itself a technology-enhanced luxury brand and to be fair, we instantly saw why. The Black Arroe briefcase may look unremarkably blocky at the first glance, but a double take and some hands on time shows you there’s more going on.
Different people prefer different keyboards so to some extent rating them is like rating art. Nonetheless, grouping them together for a test is very useful because what specs suggest can be very different to what happens in reality.
Microsoft customers have overwhelmingly adopted the Surface Pro 3 and Surface Pro 4, according to new data released by AdDuplex., while the pricier Surface Book garners just a small slice of market share.
Toshiba's Z20t is one of the best tablet-laptop hybrids we've seen, with a whopping 14 hours of battery life and design flourishes that include a matte-finish touchscreen. But it is pricey.
HP's Spectre 13.3 delivers competitive performance and a respectable keyboard, in spite of its super-svelte body.
The updated Alpha R2 gets Skylake, an M.2 drive, and desktop-class graphics.
Despite being touted as a new standard, finding the right USB-C accessory for the newer MacBooks is still hit-or-miss.
If there's one manufacturer that embraces Computex to its fullest every year it's Asus. Not only does the company show off it's latest and greatest tech but often crazy ideas that might never see the light of day. We love it.
Our updated list of gaming laptops
Here are the best laptops that also work well as tablet devices
We list our top rated notebooks for the month, ranging from Ultrabooks to gaming units
Our top rated Ultrabooks for February 2012
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Surface Pro 3's massive battery drain is a software problem, Microsoft says
- Early Android app support rolls out to two more Chromebooks
- Microsoft's pricey Surface Book is getting stomped by the ancient Surface Pro 3
- Alienware's tiny Alpha gaming PC gets bigger muscles... in the US
- Why Apple's new MacBook Pro needs more than just one USB-C port
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSystems AdministratorSA
- CCSolutions ArchitectQLD
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- FTDesktop Support Engineer (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160729/P/698Asia
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- FTDefence Network Architect | NV2ACT
- CCFrontend DevelopersQLD
- CCSharepoint Analyst DeveloperNSW
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCProject Manager- Infrastructure and App Roles- Gov BackgroundNSW
- CCFMW DevelopersACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE) 160721/AP/075Asia
- CCLead Business AnalystNSW
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS EngineerNSW
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- CCField Engineer - POSTAS
- CCSAP BODS ConsultantNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL) 1600803/SA/255Asia
- FTPortfolio Governance ConsultantNSW
- CCTechnical Architect - CloudNSW
- CC.NET DeveloperQLD