We don't often perform 'unboxing' articles about modem-routers, but iiNet's Budii deserves one considering how much effort the ISP has put into the packaging and aesthetics of its latest offering.
Networking, Wireless & VoIP - Slideshows
RF’s most odd, unusual, cool, intriguing network applications for work, fashion, health and play
Microsoft’s new metro-style Start screen is getting all the buzz, but for IT administrators there are many new network-related features and changes in both Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 to be aware of.
Tech companies are out in force at CeBIT Australia 2012, showing off everything from desktops and laptops to printers, storage and networking products.
Deciding what to buy friends and loved ones gifts for Christmas is never easy, but there are plenty of little gizmos to choose from if they are technically-minded. We've put together a little list of what we think would make useful and interesting gifts, from portable speakers to iPhone apps, from vinyl-to-MP3 rippers to phone-controlled helicopters -- we've tried to keep the mix as eclectic as possible.
Belkin's ScreenCast AV4 allows you to connect HDMI devices to your TV, even if those devices are located in another room.
One of the funnest parts of the Consumer Electronics Show are the cool, the crazy, and just-around-the-corner products.
Cisco Subnet blogger Scott Hogg names his favorite free open source tools to keep your network humming.
iPhones and other handhelds bought for home use are infiltrating corporate networks, but there's a host of other wireless technologies that comprise a wave of mobile computing that is creating sweeping changes in business infrastructure. How well versed are you in the technical and not-so- technical details? Keep score as you take this brief quiz to find out and then see how well you did at the end.
Last Thursday morning, the National Broadband Network was officially launched in Tasmania by Prime Minister Julia Gillard, Communications Minister Stephen Conroy and Tasmanian Premier David Bartlett.
A visual history of the science and sci-fi of phone calls you can see. (And, no, it didn't start with The Jetsons.)
We've selected some of the geekiest T-shirts ever spotted in the wild. Just being seen wearing one of these classics can elevate you to the heady heights of geek chic. Prepare for the awesomeness that ensues!
Cisco this week rolled out a range of data center product enhancements and extensions, including new Unified Computing System (UCS) blade servers; Nexus 2000 fabric extenders; MDS 9000 series SAN switches; and an appliance that incorporates its Nexus 1000 virtual switch.
We round up the best tech bargains of the week, including a Samsung smartphone that records HD video, a Sharp television that doubles as a Blu-ray player and a massive Harvey Norman sale!
2010 CTIA Kicks Off
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Google Daydream VR headset
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Acer Swift 7
Huawei Mate 9
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Surface Pro 4
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Chips coming by June will herald the next generation of Wi-Fi
- Plume's 'routerless' mesh network blankets your home in Wi-Fi with an army of tiny pods
- Netgear Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router goes all the way to 11
- New Skype Preview lets Windows 10 Insiders manage phone texts on PCs
- Telstra’s ‘Free Data Day” sets new record for mobile downloads
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPMobile DeveloperWA
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerVIC
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- FTInfrastructure Architect (Adelaide Based)VIC
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- FTCitrix EngineerNSW
- FTMid-Level Software Engineer x 2 - Positive Vetting, NV2 or NV1 required!!SA
- CCData Engineer (SQL/Big Data/Scala)VIC
- FTSenior Software EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Technical Consultant - SQLACT
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerNSW
- FTFull Stack Developer (Front and Back end)QLD
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | Enterprise Information SharingQLD
- FTPrincipal Architect - Infrastructure | Major BankVIC
- FTDeveloper - XML & JavaVIC
- CCTechnical Support AnalystACT
- FTERP ConsultantQLD
- CCMultiple System Engineers - Data Centre - TelcoVIC
- FTJava Developer - Fixed Term ContractQLD
- CCSharepoint Business AnalystACT
- TPLead Change Manager - ERPVIC
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC