The Linksys EA4500 is a wireless router that supports simultaneous dual-band Wi-Fi at speeds up to 450 megabits per second (Mbps) per band. It's a home router that's a little different to most of the other routers we've seen this year; primarily, it ...
Networking, Wireless & VoIP
The redesigned 2012 model of the AirPort Express Wi-Fi base station has become the mouse that roars. The revisions transform this model into a tiny powerhouse by adding to its previous modest attributes a second ethernet port, simultaneous dual-band ...
Netgear's N900 Dual Band Gigabit Router, otherwise known as the WNDR4500, is an "ultimate performance" product designed for those of you who want faster wireless networking.
Netgear's Push2TV HD WiDi adapter isn't as pretty to look at as Belkin's ScreenCast TV, but it's just as good at delivering video content from your laptop to your TV. You can hook it up to any TV or projector that has an HDMI port, and you can even u...
A WiDi solution aims to make it simple for you to use a big-screen TV with your laptop. There are no physical connections required on the laptop, just a compatible Intel wireless adapter and its WiDi software. It's a solution that gives you the freed...
The NetGenie is a wonderful little router if you're after a model with excellent filtering capabilities. That's primarily what it has been designed for and it allows for a great deal of customisation to be made to its settings as far as blocking unde...
The Linksys X2000 is an ADSL2+ modem-router that's very easy to use. Even if you've never installed a networking device before, the supplied setup program and instructions should help you to be up and running in no time at all.
Netgear's N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Premium Edition (WNDR3800) wireless router has a comprehensive feature-set and good ease of use. It's a dual-band router that can reach wireless speeds up to 300Mbps, and it offers a long wireless range and g...
It's a wireless router that offers simultaneous dual-band operation, good range and hard drive sharing features for a very reasonable price, but it does have some downsides. Mainly, it has a slow Web interface and its wireless transfer speeds didn't ...
Netgear's N600 dual-band wireless ADSL2+ modem/router (otherwise known as the DGND3700) offers more than just a way to get online -- it's an advanced home networking solution. It's perfect for distributing a high-speed Internet connection, sharing fi...
The BiPAC 7700N is a tiny ADSL2+ modem and router that is almost the antithesis of all-in-one routers such as the [[artnid:389481|Fritz!Box 7390]], but it still manages to offer good set of features. It's one of the smallest units we've seen to featu...
The Fritz!Box 7390 ADSL2+ modem/router is a little more advanced than the Fritz!Box 7270 that we reviewed at the start of the year. It has internal Wi-Fi antennas and supports Gigabit Ethernet in addition to many other great features. It's one of the...
The Linksys E4200 is a high-end wireless router that's aimed at home users who not only want a well-featured router, but also one with reasonably good looks. It has a Gigabit Ethernet switch, simultaneous dual-band Wi-Fi, a USB port, and it's quite e...
The E3000 is one of Linksys' high-end consumer routers, featuring simultaneous dual-band Wi-Fi, Gigabit Ethernet and a USB port for attaching external storage devices. It retains the sleek styling of past Linksys routers that we've reviewed and it's ...
Linksys' E1000 is the company's entry-level wireless router, taking over from the WRT160N. It's a 2.4GHz, 802.11n wireless router that can supply wireless throughput up to 300 megabits per second, and it also has all the regular features you would ex...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Telstra’s ‘Free Data Day” sets new record for mobile downloads
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Consumers let down by broadband speed and performance: ACCAN
- Apple recalls AC wall plug adapters
- This Asus router is a powerful rebuttal to Google OnHub's stark simplicity
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTTechnical Team Lead - .Net / SharePointACT
- CCSolutions Architect - SAP HANAQLD
- FTIT Support - Level 1NSW
- CCRevalidations OfficerACT
- CCContract Programmer (MS SQL Server/SQL/Web) 160518/P/626Asia
- CCSenior Portfolio Analyst - Risk and MetricsNSW
- CCNetwork AdministratorWA
- CCTechnical Specialist - IP Network Design - Juniper MXNSW
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- CCHR Systems Support OfficerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst, Service Performance, RetailNSW
- FTTester/Business AnalystWA
- CCTest Analyst / Test LeadNSW
- CCDigital Business Analyst (iOS & Android / Web Projects)NSW
- FTJunior Web Developer | CBD | Digital AgencyVIC
- CCApplication System EngineerACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Contributions TaxNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, AdviceNSW
- CCMicrosoft System Engineer - NV1ACT
- FTAX Lead Technical ConsultantNSW
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- FTPeopleSoft Finance Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Integration Solution ManagementVIC
- CCDomain Specialist | Multiple RolesVIC