Major handset makers meeting on Friday in Taipei gave their nod to a final version of the world's first advanced LTE mobile data standard, which will raise transfer speeds to 1Gbps.
Networking, Wireless & VoIP - News
Chinese telecommunications equipment supplier Huawei wants to clear its reputation and has asked the U.S. government to investigate the company for concerns that it poses a national security risk.
Alcatel-Lucent and Taiwan's main fixed-line telecom provider will build a gigabit passive optical network by the third quarter of 2011 to merge high-speed Internet with other services.
Virtualization, video and massive amounts of data are all driving enterprises and service providers toward 100-Gigabit Ethernet, but the cost of the fledgling technology remains prohibitively high and few products have been installed, industry observ...
1. It really is fast. TeliaSonera, the Swedish carrier that in 2009 launched the first major commercial long-term evolution (LTE) service, delivered an average downstream speed of 33.4Mbps in informal tests last year. Verizon Wireless, which is using...
The world's top handset makers are meeting this week to finalize a version of an advanced mobile communication standard that would raise data transfer speeds to 1Gbps, an event organizer said on Monday.
Vint Cerf takes his title of Chief Internet Evangelist for Google seriously, and is knee-deep in several projects to bring the next versions of the Internet into being. These projects include pushing for worldwide IPv6 adoption, but they don't includ...
Researchers at Stanford University have shown it's possible to double the data rate of communication networks without the need for additional frequencies, something that could lead to significantly faster wireless networking.
Skype is looking toward developing markets for its mobile business as the popular voice-over-Internet Protocol service seeks to grow its presence in places where smartphone use is less common.
Stanford University researchers have found a way to double the capacity of wireless networks, while at the same time making them more reliable and efficient.
Wi-Fi looks set to play a growing role in mobile networks even as LTE and other new cellular technologies with higher capacity are deployed.
Some people may yet debate the value of femtocells, but the tide has turned: in 2010, the number of femtocells around the world exceeded the number of macrocells, according to the Femto Forum.
Mobile network operators and their equipment suppliers are working hard to make telephony over data-oriented LTE (Long-Term Evolution) mobile networks a reality, with the number of demos at Mobile World Congress a sign they are getting closer.
The fast, high-capacity Wi-Fi that users have been enjoying for a few years in laptops is now due to hit smartphones and tablets in a big way, with two major Wi-Fi chip makers announcing products that use IEEE 802.11n with multiple antennas.
Ericsson is joining the move towards using smaller mobile base stations, announcing Ericsson Air (antenna integrated radio), which aims to reduce power consumption while expanding coverage to more areas, it said on Tuesday.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Plume's 'routerless' mesh network blankets your home in Wi-Fi with an army of tiny pods
- Netgear Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router goes all the way to 11
- New Skype Preview lets Windows 10 Insiders manage phone texts on PCs
- Telstra’s ‘Free Data Day” sets new record for mobile downloads
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTProject SchedulerSA
- CCJunior BI / Data Analytics Analyst - contract - SydneyNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCChange Manager l Port Macquarie NSWQLD
- CCTest Automation ArchitectQLD
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantNSW
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD
- CCTester (6 month contract) FinanceNSW
- CCVirtualization ArchitectACT
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)WA
- FTNational Manager of Security - We are looking for a strong Leader - Syd CBDNSW
- CCWebMethod DeveloperNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTPMO Coordinator - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- CCPeoplesoft SpecialistACT
- FTSalesforce Technical Business AnalystQLD
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)NSW
- TPProgram ManagerNSW
- FTRegional Sales Manager - Telco/ICT - Employer of choiceQLD
- CCProject CoordinatorVIC