Netgear this week will unveil a two-radio 5GHz 802.11n router with a new internal antenna system and a price tag under US$130, less than half the price of some rival products for the SOHO and residential wireless LAN market.
Networking, Wireless & VoIP
With a sleek new antenna-less design and one router selling for less than US$100, Linksys hopes to breathe new life into what they admit have been disappointing sales of 802.11n products.
Netgear is launching three new wireless networking products that aim to address the problem, perennially discussed at the annual Consumer Electronics Show, of complicated home networking setup.
Australian VoIP provider, FreshTel, has struck a new partnership with Siemens to provide consumers with an out-of-the-box IP telephony pack.
Google on Wednesday released a free download that allows BlackBerry users to sync their Google Calendar with their device.
A federal government department stalled the distribution of a new fleet of BlackBerries following fears the devices would have a negative impact on the work/life balance of staff.
Cisco Systems made its biggest foray yet into the entertainment and social networking world by announcing plans late Tuesday for the Cisco Entertainment Operating System.
Skype on Monday blamed an "unintentional communication oversight" for not notifying users a month ago that it had patched the Windows version of its voice-over-IP client software against a critical bug.
While Google's Linux mobile phone platform, Android, has been stealing the spotlight, another longer-standing mobile Linux group is also moving ahead.
Apple will release a 3G version of the iPhone sometime next year that connects to the Internet at much faster speeds than the current model, AT&T's CEO said Wednesday, according to reports by Bloomberg.com.
As ISPs constrict file-sharing services such as BitTorrent, new data shows that users are moving to file-hosting Web sites to avoid slow downloads.
Even if you never use Amazon.com's new Kindle e-reader to download books wirelessly, the device is the forerunner of a number of limited-purpose wireless devices that are expected to hit the market in the next few years.
Perth-based iiNet launched its naked DSL broadband service today, making it the first Australian ISP to offer the service nationally through its ADSL2+ network, according to the company.
iPhone users make mistakes more often when texting compared to users of phones with hard keys, a new study found.
While Google's Android announcement generated a lot of hype last week, developers had to wait until yesterday to see whether the company had actually developed a good platform.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Apple recalls AC wall plug adapters
- This Asus router is a powerful rebuttal to Google OnHub's stark simplicity
- iiNet unveils Social Post at Perth Arena
- Telstra officially launches its national Wi-Fi network
- Vulnerability found in Samsung smartphone keyboard
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCTechnical Integration Specialist - MicrosoftACT
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCICT Infrastructure Specialist - (Network Engineer)ACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Crystal Report) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- CCBusiness Analyst - CanberraNSW
- CCDigital ProducerNSW
- CCAutomation QAVIC
- CCService ModellerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCBusiness Project Manager - Transformation ProgramNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Life InsuranceVIC
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCIT Solution Designer (SOA / Web-services)NSW
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- FTJava or Ruby Web DeveloperVIC
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCIT Performance Test AnalystACT
- CCImmediate iOS Developer RequiredNSW
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Superannuation FundVIC