Nokia has offered to buy Trolltech, the Norwegian developer of a widely used application framework, for 844 million Norwegian kroner ($US153 million) in cash. Nokia hopes the Trolltech development team will give its own software efforts a boost.
Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Calculations that claim Apple Inc. is "missing" 1.4 million iPhones may be missing the point, according to an analyst, who said Monday that talk of uncounted phones overlooks the fact that the mobile market is only a small part of Apple's overall bus...
Japan's biggest mobile telecom carrier gave its strongest support yet to Google's Android platform on Thursday when it said it is considering a mobile phone based on the technology.
Australian telco gotalk has partnered with Hi Speed Internet Kiosks to provide VoIP services in major shopping centres around Australia.
Siemens is launching a wireless LAN system that it claims can run full 802.11n on normal power over Ethernet, but refuses to divulge how it has managed a trick that is beyond other players including Cisco.
Skype has been forced to turn off a video-sharing feature in its software because it could be misused to launch a self-copying worm attack against Skype users, security researchers said Tuesday.
Hackers can exploit newly uncovered vulnerabilities in Skype's popular chat and VoIP software to shanghai a Windows PC, security researchers said Thursday.
Apple has released its first security updates of the new year, fixing bugs in its QuickTime media player and iPhone and iPod touch devices.
Rumors and hearsay, gossip and scuttlebutt are the coin of the realm for Apple fans in the days, now hours, that precede CEO Steve Jobs strutting across the stage in his trademark black turtleneck, Big Brother-sized screen at his back, to launch new ...
China Mobile Communications, which has been talking with Apple for more than two months about serving as the US company's iPhone partner, has broken off negotiations, news reports said Monday.
Gadgets have always taken center stage at the Consumer Electronics Show, but this year more than ever, even the coolest devices seem to be mere means to an end -- access to content and services whenever and wherever you want them.
Troubled voice-over-IP service provider Vonage is rolling out new products and services at the Consumer Electronics Show in a bid to reverse its downward spiral.
Netgear this week will unveil a two-radio 5GHz 802.11n router with a new internal antenna system and a price tag under US$130, less than half the price of some rival products for the SOHO and residential wireless LAN market.
With a sleek new antenna-less design and one router selling for less than US$100, Linksys hopes to breathe new life into what they admit have been disappointing sales of 802.11n products.
Netgear is launching three new wireless networking products that aim to address the problem, perennially discussed at the annual Consumer Electronics Show, of complicated home networking setup.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 2 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
- 3 Playing chicken with a Tesla Model S
- 4 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Telstra officially launches its national Wi-Fi network
- Vulnerability found in Samsung smartphone keyboard
- WeMo Maker to allow for DIY IoT projects
- Vodafone fends off home broadband with Wi-Fi Cube
- Linksys unveils a storage companion for its WRT-series routers, and a passel of other devices at CES 2015
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW