Disappointed Mac users confirmed that Apple's latest Leopard update does not let them back up with Time Machine to drives plugged into an Airport Extreme router.
Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Apple's latest trademark manoeuvres suggest it might be planning a variant on its iPhone or iPod aimed at the gaming market, offering fresh competition to the Nintendo DS and Sony PSP.
The first mobile phone to incorporate Google's open-source Android platform will debut at next week's Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, a source close to British chipmaker ARM Holdings has told Reuters.
Opera has announced the latest version of its Opera Mobile smartphone browser, promising a user experience similar to that of web browsing on a desktop PC.
Given that many companies already have Wi-Fi networks, Wi-Fi Real Time Location Systems (RTLS) may be a cheaper alternative to some more expensive radio frequency identification (RFID) technology applications, according to one analyst.
With last week's news that Motorola might sell off its mobile device unit, it's fair to ask: Is the iPhone killing Motorola?
A startup says it can give subway riders wireless Internet access that's faster than most home broadband in the US.
Nokia has offered to buy Trolltech, the Norwegian developer of a widely used application framework, for 844 million Norwegian kroner ($US153 million) in cash. Nokia hopes the Trolltech development team will give its own software efforts a boost.
Calculations that claim Apple Inc. is "missing" 1.4 million iPhones may be missing the point, according to an analyst, who said Monday that talk of uncounted phones overlooks the fact that the mobile market is only a small part of Apple's overall bus...
Japan's biggest mobile telecom carrier gave its strongest support yet to Google's Android platform on Thursday when it said it is considering a mobile phone based on the technology.
Australian telco gotalk has partnered with Hi Speed Internet Kiosks to provide VoIP services in major shopping centres around Australia.
Siemens is launching a wireless LAN system that it claims can run full 802.11n on normal power over Ethernet, but refuses to divulge how it has managed a trick that is beyond other players including Cisco.
Skype has been forced to turn off a video-sharing feature in its software because it could be misused to launch a self-copying worm attack against Skype users, security researchers said Tuesday.
Hackers can exploit newly uncovered vulnerabilities in Skype's popular chat and VoIP software to shanghai a Windows PC, security researchers said Thursday.
Apple has released its first security updates of the new year, fixing bugs in its QuickTime media player and iPhone and iPod touch devices.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Telstra’s ‘Free Data Day” sets new record for mobile downloads
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Consumers let down by broadband speed and performance: ACCAN
- Apple recalls AC wall plug adapters
- This Asus router is a powerful rebuttal to Google OnHub's stark simplicity
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCOracle Siebel Administrator - JULY STARTACT
- CCechnical Specialist ApplicationsACT
- CCOperations Systems Support ManagerNSW
- FTCloud ArchitectAsia
- CCIT Security Consultant -NSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Team Leader Applications SupportACT
- FTPega Operation Engineer - CEPNSW
- CCMultiple .Net DevelopersNSW
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT
- CCSenior Program DirectorNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTAzure ConsultantQLD
- FTSenior Developer (.Net)SA
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCTechnical System Engineer (Linux/Mobile/SQL)160524/TSE/vmtAsia
- FTService Desk AnaylstNSW
- CCSenior BA - Enterprise DataNSW
- CCRelease Manager, InfrastructureNSW
- FTSoftware DeveloperSA
- FTSystems EngineerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/.Net) 160523/AP/254Asia
- CCPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW