A British company has developed an intelligent security technology that can wipe data if a laptop is moved from its designated space.
Networking, Wireless & VoIP - News
Sony Ericsson used the GSM Mobile World Conference to launch two new mobile broadband ExpressCards. The EC400 and EC400g simply slide into a laptop's Expresscard slot to allow 7.2Mbps (megabits per second) in download and 2Mbps uploads.
Disappointed Mac users confirmed that Apple's latest Leopard update does not let them back up with Time Machine to drives plugged into an Airport Extreme router.
Apple's latest trademark manoeuvres suggest it might be planning a variant on its iPhone or iPod aimed at the gaming market, offering fresh competition to the Nintendo DS and Sony PSP.
The first mobile phone to incorporate Google's open-source Android platform will debut at next week's Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, a source close to British chipmaker ARM Holdings has told Reuters.
Opera has announced the latest version of its Opera Mobile smartphone browser, promising a user experience similar to that of web browsing on a desktop PC.
Given that many companies already have Wi-Fi networks, Wi-Fi Real Time Location Systems (RTLS) may be a cheaper alternative to some more expensive radio frequency identification (RFID) technology applications, according to one analyst.
With last week's news that Motorola might sell off its mobile device unit, it's fair to ask: Is the iPhone killing Motorola?
A startup says it can give subway riders wireless Internet access that's faster than most home broadband in the US.
Nokia has offered to buy Trolltech, the Norwegian developer of a widely used application framework, for 844 million Norwegian kroner ($US153 million) in cash. Nokia hopes the Trolltech development team will give its own software efforts a boost.
Calculations that claim Apple Inc. is "missing" 1.4 million iPhones may be missing the point, according to an analyst, who said Monday that talk of uncounted phones overlooks the fact that the mobile market is only a small part of Apple's overall bus...
Japan's biggest mobile telecom carrier gave its strongest support yet to Google's Android platform on Thursday when it said it is considering a mobile phone based on the technology.
Australian telco gotalk has partnered with Hi Speed Internet Kiosks to provide VoIP services in major shopping centres around Australia.
Siemens is launching a wireless LAN system that it claims can run full 802.11n on normal power over Ethernet, but refuses to divulge how it has managed a trick that is beyond other players including Cisco.
Skype has been forced to turn off a video-sharing feature in its software because it could be misused to launch a self-copying worm attack against Skype users, security researchers said Tuesday.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Netgear Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router goes all the way to 11
- New Skype Preview lets Windows 10 Insiders manage phone texts on PCs
- Telstra’s ‘Free Data Day” sets new record for mobile downloads
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Consumers let down by broadband speed and performance: ACCAN
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCProject ManagerWA
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Performance AnalystACT
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkSA
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperSA
- CCSIEM SpecialistVIC
- CCIngres DeveloperNSW
- FTDeployment Project EngineerVIC
- CCSAP CRM Technical LeadACT
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- TPSQL/BI DeveloperNSW
- CCChange ManagerQLD
- CCProject Manager- Office 365 and Core Azure servicesNSW
- CCFacilities Coordinator - Multiple RolesVIC
- FTPractice Manager - SecurityVIC
- CCSales Support AssociateNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperVIC
- FTCloud Automation EngineerSA
- FTSolution Architect with end user (EUC) computing experienceNSW
- FTLead Software EngineerQLD
- CCProject Manager / Senior Business AnalystNSW
- FTDigital Delivery and Engagement OfficersVIC
- CCSenior Automation TesterQLD
- FTSenior Architect, Financial MarketsNSW
- FT2nd Level Desktop Support Analyst l SCCMNSW
- CCIT Service Design Analyst- ITSMNSW