Opera Mobile and Opera Mini users will start seeing a Google search bar on their browser start pages, based on an agreement between the companies.
Networking, Wireless & VoIP
If you're holding your breath for the Apple iPhone software development kit, and your authorized attempt to build native applications for the wildly popular handheld, you may have to hold it a bit longer.
Imagine tapping out text messages on a device the size of an index card and as flat as a piece of paper, then folding it in thirds to hold it to your ear and make a phone call. Refold it in a slightly different shape and wrap it around your wrist, wh...
The world's first transceiver integrated on a single chip that operates at 60GHz on the CMOS (complementary metal-oxide-semiconductor) process, which is the most common semiconductor technology, was announced today by NICTA.
A British company has developed an intelligent security technology that can wipe data if a laptop is moved from its designated space.
Sony Ericsson used the GSM Mobile World Conference to launch two new mobile broadband ExpressCards. The EC400 and EC400g simply slide into a laptop's Expresscard slot to allow 7.2Mbps (megabits per second) in download and 2Mbps uploads.
Disappointed Mac users confirmed that Apple's latest Leopard update does not let them back up with Time Machine to drives plugged into an Airport Extreme router.
Apple's latest trademark manoeuvres suggest it might be planning a variant on its iPhone or iPod aimed at the gaming market, offering fresh competition to the Nintendo DS and Sony PSP.
The first mobile phone to incorporate Google's open-source Android platform will debut at next week's Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, a source close to British chipmaker ARM Holdings has told Reuters.
Opera has announced the latest version of its Opera Mobile smartphone browser, promising a user experience similar to that of web browsing on a desktop PC.
Given that many companies already have Wi-Fi networks, Wi-Fi Real Time Location Systems (RTLS) may be a cheaper alternative to some more expensive radio frequency identification (RFID) technology applications, according to one analyst.
With last week's news that Motorola might sell off its mobile device unit, it's fair to ask: Is the iPhone killing Motorola?
A startup says it can give subway riders wireless Internet access that's faster than most home broadband in the US.
Nokia has offered to buy Trolltech, the Norwegian developer of a widely used application framework, for 844 million Norwegian kroner ($US153 million) in cash. Nokia hopes the Trolltech development team will give its own software efforts a boost.
Calculations that claim Apple Inc. is "missing" 1.4 million iPhones may be missing the point, according to an analyst, who said Monday that talk of uncounted phones overlooks the fact that the mobile market is only a small part of Apple's overall bus...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 2 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
- 3 Samsung SUHD smart TV (JS9500) review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge review: Return to Glory
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S6 (32GB) review: Simply, the best Samsung Galaxy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- WeMo Maker to allow for DIY IoT projects
- Vodafone fends off home broadband with Wi-Fi Cube
- Linksys unveils a storage companion for its WRT-series routers, and a passel of other devices at CES 2015
- Belkin adds Smart LED Bulbs to its Wemo range
- 150 free Telstra Wi-Fi hotspots go live today
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Executive | GamingNSW
- FTSenior Digital B2B Sales Manager | Household BrandNSW
- FTSenior Sales Executive X 3 World Leading Music Streaming PlatformNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTSMB Direct Sales Account Executive | Largest Global Online MarketplaceNSW
- FTSENIOR FORMS ANALYST (13767)QLD
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTKey Account ManagerNSW