PacketHop this week unveiled the first commercial implementation of the draft IEEE 802.11s wireless-LAN mesh standard.
Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Sharp will start selling the X-series of 37-, 42-, and 46-inch HDTV sets in Japan next month that include a paired set of wireless transmitters for high-definition video using technology from Amimon. Amimon uses unlicensed frequency in the 4.9 to 5.9...
Mobile phone services outnumbered the Australian population for the first time as of 30 June 2007, when 21.26 million mobile phone services were in operation, according to a report released this week by the Australian Communications and Media Authori...
Netgear this week will roll out network and storage gear aimed at a range of small and midsize businesses, including a new 802.11n wireless LAN product line.
EBay-owned Skype has released into open beta testing a client for mobile phones that supports phone calls, chat and other features of the popular VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) application.
Skype has announced a flat rate for international calls, further showing how difficult it is to make money from telephony, according to analysts.
Although it is illegal in some parts of the world, 12 percent of U.S. and U.K. respondents to an Accenture survey have logged on to someone else's unsecured Wi-Fi connection.
The Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) has released a three-strand approach to regulating Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) services which includes the introduction of a compliance program.
Several major Apple resellers have dismissed online rumours which claimed the vendor's popular iPhone could reach Australian users by the end of June.
Built for the Chinese market as well as export, the Cool G108 is a 'clamshell'-style watch phone with a 1.5-inch colour LCD display.
Nokia has begun publicly discussing what some are calling the mobile phone maker's biggest product response yet to the Apple iPhone -- a device with the code-name "Tube".
The Bug Labs BUG is a modular, open-source gadget that allows users to create their own combinations of plug-in modules, and then customise software to take advantage of the functionality offered.
More than one-third of the ultramobile PCs coming later this year on Intel's Atom Centrino platform will offer a combination of WiMax and Wi-Fi, the head of the company's Ultra Mobility Group said Tuesday.
Motorola, in partnership with Optus, has announced the launch of SCREEN3, a content service available on all MOTORAZR2 V9 and MOTOKRZR handsets through Optus.
At at time when carriers are just swallowing 10 Gigabit per second technology, Nortel Networks says will soon let them significantly up their network speeds without ripping apart their fibre infrastructure.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Huawei female watch review: Bringing out your inner fashionista
- 4 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 5 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Telstra’s ‘Free Data Day” sets new record for mobile downloads
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Consumers let down by broadband speed and performance: ACCAN
- Apple recalls AC wall plug adapters
- This Asus router is a powerful rebuttal to Google OnHub's stark simplicity
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCAgile Performance Tester- Bamboo, Jenkins, Confluence, JiraNSW
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer - NV2 ClearanceVIC
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- FTDesktop Specialist - Application PackagingACT
- CCSystems AdministratorSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160801/AP/258Asia
- CCCRM Technical Consultant / DeveloperNSW
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- CCTest AnalystACT
- FTApplication Support AnalystSA
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCOracle Identity and Access Management Specialist-11Gr2 productsNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Systems SpecialistNSW
- CCData Integration specialistACT
- CCMac (iOS) Support Engineer - $30 p/h - Three Year ContractNSW
- CCAgile Delivery ManagerACT
- FTProject Manager - IT Technology / Site RelocationsNSW
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- CCIP Test Analyst - Baseline Security ClearanceVIC
- CCSolution Architect - Supply ChainNSW