This vendor-written tech primer has been edited by Network World to eliminate product promotion, but readers should note it will likely favor the submitter's approach.
Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Wi-Fi is getting faster -- again. Today Wi-Fi chipmaker Broadcom announced its first chips based on the coming 802.11ac standard, the successor to today’s 802.11n Wi-Fi. Products based on 802.11ac are expected to begin appearing late this year, deliv...
Deciding what to buy friends and loved ones gifts for Christmas is never easy, but there are plenty of little gizmos to choose from if they are technically-minded. We've put together a little list of what we think would make useful and interesting gi...
Belkin's ScreenCast AV4 allows you to connect HDMI devices to your TV, even if those devices are located in another room.
A Duke University grad student has come up with a way to double, or more, battery life in Wi-Fi devices, without any changes needed on the device itself. Essentially, the technique regulates how long and when client radios sleep, so that data transfe...
Alcatel-Lucent is charting a course to the next generation of carrier routers with new silicon that is focused today on delivering services from the edge of a network but could also power a massive packet engine for the core.
Microsoft will integrate Skype's calling features into many of its key products, including Office, the Xbox and its Windows Phone software, but it will it will also continue to offer Skype for competing platforms, CEO Steve Ballmer said Tuesday.
A Maryland man has been sentenced to seven years in prison for directing a multimillion-dollar warranty fraud scheme targeting Cisco Systems, the U.S. Department of Justice announced.
Dell on Tuesday announced a desktop workstation that acts like a server from which remote client PCs can exploit graphics processing capabilities.
The Asia Pacific Network Information Centre (APNIC) has run out of all but a handful of IPv4 addresses that it is holding in reserve for start-up network operators.
A lot of coverage of IPv6 over the past few years gives the impression that you need to switch to IPv6 soon. That's not necessarily the case, though, especially for a consumer or a small business.
With nearly $100 million in new funding, Internet2, the faster, better Internet reserved for research and education, has embarked on an upgrade that will boost backbone capacity to a staggering 8.8Tbps and expand services to hundreds of thousands of ...
Seven segments of undersea data and telephone transmission cables that were damaged in the March 11 earthquake off Japan should be repaired by early May, an arm of Japan's biggest telecom group said on Friday.
The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers has approved IEEE 802.16m, the standard for the next generation of WiMax, which may deliver downstream speeds of more than 300M bps (bits per second).
LG-Ericsson has recently introduced a variety of Ethernet switches specifically designed for small to medium businesses (SMBs).
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Telstra’s ‘Free Data Day” sets new record for mobile downloads
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Consumers let down by broadband speed and performance: ACCAN
- Apple recalls AC wall plug adapters
- This Asus router is a powerful rebuttal to Google OnHub's stark simplicity
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Java Developer (Java/Maven/AEM)NSW
- CCIT Finance Systems Process AnalystNSW
- FTSoftware Services Team LeaderNSW
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/Technical Support) 160616/ITA/991Asia
- CCProject Master SchedulerVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCTelecommunications Operations Support officerACT
- CCSenior Change Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- FTData Center Operator (1-Year Renewal Contract)Asia
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW
- CCWeb/Mobile Developer (Android)WA
- FTBusiness Analyst - Oracle Financials (Procure To Pay)NSW
- FTVoice ArchitectNSW
- FTSAP Solution Architect- Data Migration to SAP HR, payrollNSW
- CCProject Scheduler - IT Security ProgramNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW
- CCBiztalk developerNSW
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior IT Automated TesterNSW