Nortel is reportedly close to receiving an offer for its Carrier VoIP business.
Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Zimbabwe has started developing a fiber-optic cable aimed at improving the country's telecommunications in a bid to regain its position as having the second-fastest-growing communications sector in Southern Africa.
Looking to build a blazing Ethernet network that will exclusively support science research, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, is receiving US$62 million to develop what it calls the world's fastest computer network.
Samsung has announced an exclusive deal with Optus for the local launch of its new NC10 netbook.
Despite recent drama, Google Voice will soon be available for iPhone -- as a Web-based app, says The New York Times.
Disney claims its first use of an 802.11 wireless network to operate an amusement park rides is a hit.
A gloomy economy hasn't stopped the growth of the Ethernet services industry.
Nearly a third of Europeans have never been online, according to a EU report.
Telstra has been flexing its next generation muscles in a trial which could speed up the telco's existing network infrastructure between capital cities.
Clearwire will add 10 markets - though relatively small ones - to the four-city coverage area of its fledgling WiMax network on Sept. 1.
eBay has begun developing an alternative to the P2P technology used by Skype as a licensing dispute drags on and threatens to close the popular IP telephony service.
Time Warner Cable will begin reselling WiMax mobile broadband from Clearwire in four U.S. markets, including Dallas and Charlotte, North Carolina, by the end of this year.
A group of developers has released open-source software that gives administrators a hand in making the Internet's addressing system less vulnerable to hackers.
Australians can now track the progress of the Federal Government’s $43 billion National Broadband Network (NBN), as the fibre-to-the-premises network is rolled out to homes and workplaces across the country.
Mobile operators positioning themselves as 'smart enablers' in the industry must live up to the hype, global analyst firm Ovum warns telcos recently.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Apple recalls AC wall plug adapters
- This Asus router is a powerful rebuttal to Google OnHub's stark simplicity
- iiNet unveils Social Post at Perth Arena
- Telstra officially launches its national Wi-Fi network
- Vulnerability found in Samsung smartphone keyboard
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTTechnical Lead (Java)NSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- CCChange LeadNSW
- CCWintel Support EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS.Net/Visual Basic) 160129/AP/vtdAsia
- CCTibco DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Support EngineerNSW
- CCHigh Level Network Engineer (Communications)WA
- FTProject Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCOpen_5pm 5th February_Program ArchitectACT
- CCProject Manager - Customer Engagement / NPSVIC
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - SCOM/SCCM/PowerShellVIC
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCMaster SchedulerVIC
- CCWintel Engineer with Sharepoint 2010 / 2013NSW
- FTLogistics Systems ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- CCContracts ManagerNSW
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW