Cisco Systems downplayed a vulnerability in some of its wireless access points, reporting Tuesday that there is no risk of data loss or interception.
Networking, Wireless & VoIP
How often do you go to make a call on your cell phone and you're stymied by a bad connection?
University of California at San Diego researchers Tuesday are presenting a paper describing software that they say could make data center networks massively scalable.
A powerhouse in wired network testing and monitoring made a big move into wireless LANs on Thursday as Fluke Networks announced an agreement to buy AirMagnet.
Nortel is reportedly close to receiving an offer for its Carrier VoIP business.
Zimbabwe has started developing a fiber-optic cable aimed at improving the country's telecommunications in a bid to regain its position as having the second-fastest-growing communications sector in Southern Africa.
Looking to build a blazing Ethernet network that will exclusively support science research, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, is receiving US$62 million to develop what it calls the world's fastest computer network.
Samsung has announced an exclusive deal with Optus for the local launch of its new NC10 netbook.
Despite recent drama, Google Voice will soon be available for iPhone -- as a Web-based app, says The New York Times.
Disney claims its first use of an 802.11 wireless network to operate an amusement park rides is a hit.
A gloomy economy hasn't stopped the growth of the Ethernet services industry.
Nearly a third of Europeans have never been online, according to a EU report.
Telstra has been flexing its next generation muscles in a trial which could speed up the telco's existing network infrastructure between capital cities.
Clearwire will add 10 markets - though relatively small ones - to the four-city coverage area of its fledgling WiMax network on Sept. 1.
eBay has begun developing an alternative to the P2P technology used by Skype as a licensing dispute drags on and threatens to close the popular IP telephony service.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Telstra’s ‘Free Data Day” sets new record for mobile downloads
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Consumers let down by broadband speed and performance: ACCAN
- Apple recalls AC wall plug adapters
- This Asus router is a powerful rebuttal to Google OnHub's stark simplicity
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/.Net) 160523/AP/254Asia
- FTFunctional Business Analyst Dynamic AXNSW
- FTManaging Security ConsultantQLD
- FTSenior Full-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCICT Fleet and Equipment Audit ResourcesSA
- FTJunior Web Developer | CBD | Digital AgencyVIC
- FTStibo PIM Consultant - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- CCSoftware Engineer (Client facing) - Publisher SolutionsNSW
- CCJunior / Mid Level Java Developer - Developing Restful Microservice SolutionsVIC
- CCMessaging Engineer - BAU SupportNSW
- FTSenior Developer (.Net)SA
- CCOracle Applications Team LeadNSW
- FTImplementation / Deployment Specialist- Web Sphere, ESB, IIBNSW
- CCProgram Business AnalystVIC
- CCOpen Source Specialist / Senior ConsultantQLD
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- CCHR Systems Support OfficerACT
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- CCCCB & MDM ConsultantNSW
- CCNetwork Architect VoiceNSW
- CCNetwork Access Specialist - Telecommunications (Apply now)!!NSW
- CCOracle Application Administrator - July startACT
- FTInfrastructure Specialist VMwareNSW
- FTSenior Systems EngineerACT
- CCProject CoordinatorACT