If your hotel is an antiquated, out-of-service ocean liner that's crossed the Atlantic 1,001 times, it's nice to know that the place has steel walls as much as 3 inches thick. On the other hand, if you get there and want to fire up your Wi-Fi-equippe...
Networking, Wireless & VoIP - News
Ethernet continues to go places its inventors probably never imagined.
Some wireless access points from Cisco Systems have a vulnerability that could allow a hacker to redirect traffic outside the enterprise or potentially gain access to an entire corporate network, a security company said.
Cisco Systems downplayed a vulnerability in some of its wireless access points, reporting Tuesday that there is no risk of data loss or interception.
How often do you go to make a call on your cell phone and you're stymied by a bad connection?
University of California at San Diego researchers Tuesday are presenting a paper describing software that they say could make data center networks massively scalable.
A powerhouse in wired network testing and monitoring made a big move into wireless LANs on Thursday as Fluke Networks announced an agreement to buy AirMagnet.
Nortel is reportedly close to receiving an offer for its Carrier VoIP business.
Zimbabwe has started developing a fiber-optic cable aimed at improving the country's telecommunications in a bid to regain its position as having the second-fastest-growing communications sector in Southern Africa.
Looking to build a blazing Ethernet network that will exclusively support science research, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, is receiving US$62 million to develop what it calls the world's fastest computer network.
Samsung has announced an exclusive deal with Optus for the local launch of its new NC10 netbook.
Despite recent drama, Google Voice will soon be available for iPhone -- as a Web-based app, says The New York Times.
Disney claims its first use of an 802.11 wireless network to operate an amusement park rides is a hit.
A gloomy economy hasn't stopped the growth of the Ethernet services industry.
Nearly a third of Europeans have never been online, according to a EU report.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Plume's 'routerless' mesh network blankets your home in Wi-Fi with an army of tiny pods
- Netgear Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router goes all the way to 11
- New Skype Preview lets Windows 10 Insiders manage phone texts on PCs
- Telstra’s ‘Free Data Day” sets new record for mobile downloads
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPMS Dynamics Post Implementation BAQLD
- CCNetwork Systems Engineer l Application Support l Linux l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- TPSenior Applications Support AnalystSA
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantACT
- CCProject/ Operational CoordinatorNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Risk & ComplianceNSW
- FTSOE Team LeaderWA
- TPData AnalystVIC
- FTBusiness Solutions SpecialistNSW
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetVIC
- TPDigital Business Analyst | AgileQLD
- FTSenior Technical Consultant - SQLACT
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectVIC
- TPTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTFull Stack Web Developer - UI/UX - .NET or JAVANSW
- FTConsulting Solution/Integration ArchitectVIC
- TPProject Manager - eDRMSQLD
- TPICT Project CoordinatorQLD
- CCBig Data Developer - Government - 12 Month Contract - SydneyNSW