Qwest Communications International is deploying equipment that will allow the carrier to deliver data at 100Gb per second (Gbps) all the way across its network to a customer's location.
Networking, Wireless & VoIP
EBay Tuesday announced it has signed an agreement to sell its Skype voice-over-IP service to a group of private investors in a deal that values the business at US$2.75 billion.
The future looked bright in September 2005 when eBay announced it was buying Internet telephony company Skype Technologies for $2.6 billion. But after four years of unfulfilled expectations, the marriage between the online auction giant and the upst...
EBay has reached an agreement to sell a 65 percent stake in its Skype Internet telephony, video conferencing and instant messaging unit for $1.9 billion in cash to an investor group led by Silver Lake.
EBay plans to announce a deal to sell its Skype voice-over-IP service to a group of private investors, The New York Times reported on its Web site, citing people briefed on the company's plans.
Telstra has celebrated the 10-year anniversary of its Global Operations Centre by throwing open its doors and putting its nerve-centre on display.
Global shipments of Wi-Fi-enabled cell phones are expected to double between 2009 and 2011, at least partially due to the emergence of a slew of smartphones with Wi-Fi capabilities, according to an analyst at ABI Research in New York.
Computer scientists in Japan say they've developed a way to break the WPA encryption system used in wireless routers in about one minute.
If your hotel is an antiquated, out-of-service ocean liner that's crossed the Atlantic 1,001 times, it's nice to know that the place has steel walls as much as 3 inches thick. On the other hand, if you get there and want to fire up your Wi-Fi-equippe...
Ethernet continues to go places its inventors probably never imagined.
Some wireless access points from Cisco Systems have a vulnerability that could allow a hacker to redirect traffic outside the enterprise or potentially gain access to an entire corporate network, a security company said.
Cisco Systems downplayed a vulnerability in some of its wireless access points, reporting Tuesday that there is no risk of data loss or interception.
How often do you go to make a call on your cell phone and you're stymied by a bad connection?
University of California at San Diego researchers Tuesday are presenting a paper describing software that they say could make data center networks massively scalable.
A powerhouse in wired network testing and monitoring made a big move into wireless LANs on Thursday as Fluke Networks announced an agreement to buy AirMagnet.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Apple recalls AC wall plug adapters
- This Asus router is a powerful rebuttal to Google OnHub's stark simplicity
- iiNet unveils Social Post at Perth Arena
- Telstra officially launches its national Wi-Fi network
- Vulnerability found in Samsung smartphone keyboard
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCOracle Business Analyst / TrainerSA
- FTFraud AnalystVIC
- CCData Stage DeveloperNSW
- FTJunior Developer | C#, MVC & SQL | Class FinanceNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager, Research Data ProjectNSW
- PTService Desk OperatorSA
- CCContract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Life InsuranceVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Reports/JAVA/SQL) 160129/P/vhs-cAsia
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Telecommunications) / Melb CBDVIC
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (MSSQL/.Net/Mobile App) 160122/SA/vhaAsia
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - ComplianceVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (Linux/Security/LAN) 160211/SSA/521Asia
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- CCSharePoint Web DeveloperACT
- FTTechnical WriterNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - Superannuation FundVIC
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW