TransferJet, a data transfer technology that allows information to be exchanged between gadgets by simply bringing them close to each other, should begin appearing in products next year.
Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Toshiba has developed a graphical user interface for controlling devices such as media servers and audo equipment and shifting content around a home network.
Cisco Systems gave Chairman and CEO John Chambers a discretionary incentive payment of more than US$2 million for the company's 2009 fiscal year, despite the fact that net income fell nearly 24 percent from the previous year on sales that were down a...
A Taiwanese research group unveiled a personal Internet device (PID) on Thursday made from its WiMax chips and a reference board that runs a version of Google's Android mobile operating system tweaked for PIDs.
Qwest Communications International is deploying equipment that will allow the carrier to deliver data at 100Gb per second (Gbps) all the way across its network to a customer's location.
EBay Tuesday announced it has signed an agreement to sell its Skype voice-over-IP service to a group of private investors in a deal that values the business at US$2.75 billion.
The future looked bright in September 2005 when eBay announced it was buying Internet telephony company Skype Technologies for $2.6 billion. But after four years of unfulfilled expectations, the marriage between the online auction giant and the upst...
EBay has reached an agreement to sell a 65 percent stake in its Skype Internet telephony, video conferencing and instant messaging unit for $1.9 billion in cash to an investor group led by Silver Lake.
EBay plans to announce a deal to sell its Skype voice-over-IP service to a group of private investors, The New York Times reported on its Web site, citing people briefed on the company's plans.
Telstra has celebrated the 10-year anniversary of its Global Operations Centre by throwing open its doors and putting its nerve-centre on display.
Global shipments of Wi-Fi-enabled cell phones are expected to double between 2009 and 2011, at least partially due to the emergence of a slew of smartphones with Wi-Fi capabilities, according to an analyst at ABI Research in New York.
Computer scientists in Japan say they've developed a way to break the WPA encryption system used in wireless routers in about one minute.
If your hotel is an antiquated, out-of-service ocean liner that's crossed the Atlantic 1,001 times, it's nice to know that the place has steel walls as much as 3 inches thick. On the other hand, if you get there and want to fire up your Wi-Fi-equippe...
Ethernet continues to go places its inventors probably never imagined.
Some wireless access points from Cisco Systems have a vulnerability that could allow a hacker to redirect traffic outside the enterprise or potentially gain access to an entire corporate network, a security company said.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- New wireless tech from MIT promises password-free Wi-Fi
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Consumers let down by broadband speed and performance: ACCAN
- Apple recalls AC wall plug adapters
- This Asus router is a powerful rebuttal to Google OnHub's stark simplicity
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTPrincipal Business Consultant- Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCWindows EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Security Specialist - McAfeeVIC
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- CCData Migration SpecialistSA
- CCSenior Business Analyst/Designer, Funds ManagementNSW
- CCEmail Production SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Contact CentresNSW
- FTMiddleware - DevOps EngineerVIC
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- CCSAP HCM / HR -Sr. Business AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/JBoss/SQL) 160831/AP/994Asia
- CCPersonal AssistantVIC
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- FTMicrosoft Solution ArchitectACT
- CCTest Environment ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence Business AnalystSA
- FTPMO SpecialistACT
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCSr IT Support specialist - MCSE- L2/L3- Travelling requiredNSW
- FTData AnalystsWA
- CCTest Analyst - Data MigrationACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Cognos/JAVA/J2EE) 160831/SA/122Asia
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - SIEMVIC