Telstra has celebrated the 10-year anniversary of its Global Operations Centre by throwing open its doors and putting its nerve-centre on display.
Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Global shipments of Wi-Fi-enabled cell phones are expected to double between 2009 and 2011, at least partially due to the emergence of a slew of smartphones with Wi-Fi capabilities, according to an analyst at ABI Research in New York.
Computer scientists in Japan say they've developed a way to break the WPA encryption system used in wireless routers in about one minute.
If your hotel is an antiquated, out-of-service ocean liner that's crossed the Atlantic 1,001 times, it's nice to know that the place has steel walls as much as 3 inches thick. On the other hand, if you get there and want to fire up your Wi-Fi-equippe...
Ethernet continues to go places its inventors probably never imagined.
Some wireless access points from Cisco Systems have a vulnerability that could allow a hacker to redirect traffic outside the enterprise or potentially gain access to an entire corporate network, a security company said.
Cisco Systems downplayed a vulnerability in some of its wireless access points, reporting Tuesday that there is no risk of data loss or interception.
How often do you go to make a call on your cell phone and you're stymied by a bad connection?
University of California at San Diego researchers Tuesday are presenting a paper describing software that they say could make data center networks massively scalable.
A powerhouse in wired network testing and monitoring made a big move into wireless LANs on Thursday as Fluke Networks announced an agreement to buy AirMagnet.
Nortel is reportedly close to receiving an offer for its Carrier VoIP business.
Zimbabwe has started developing a fiber-optic cable aimed at improving the country's telecommunications in a bid to regain its position as having the second-fastest-growing communications sector in Southern Africa.
Looking to build a blazing Ethernet network that will exclusively support science research, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, is receiving US$62 million to develop what it calls the world's fastest computer network.
Samsung has announced an exclusive deal with Optus for the local launch of its new NC10 netbook.
Despite recent drama, Google Voice will soon be available for iPhone -- as a Web-based app, says The New York Times.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 2 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
- 3 Samsung SUHD smart TV (JS9500) review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge review: Return to Glory
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S6 (32GB) review: Simply, the best Samsung Galaxy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- WeMo Maker to allow for DIY IoT projects
- Vodafone fends off home broadband with Wi-Fi Cube
- Linksys unveils a storage companion for its WRT-series routers, and a passel of other devices at CES 2015
- Belkin adds Smart LED Bulbs to its Wemo range
- 150 free Telstra Wi-Fi hotspots go live today
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSenior Digital B2B Sales Manager | Household BrandNSW
- FTDigital Marketing Executive | GamingNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- FTSENIOR FORMS ANALYST (13767)QLD
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTKey Account ManagerNSW
- FTSMB Direct Sales Account Executive | Largest Global Online MarketplaceNSW