The Wi-Fi Alliance is launching a certification program based on the completed IEEE 802.11n standard on Wednesday and looking toward a future peer-to-peer specification it is developing on its own.
Networking, Wireless & VoIP - News
Alcatel-Lucent researchers said they have figured out how to multiply the speed of the fastest undersea cables by a factor of 10, an achievement that someday could send the contents of 400 DVDs hurtling from Paris to Chicago in one second.
Researchers at MIT have developed a microchip that could enable blind people to regain some level of vision.
Cisco CEO John Chambers got a 16% raise this year, according to calculations made by the Associated Press, including a US$2 million bonus for vision and leadership.
Steve Perlman, CEO of a company called OnLive that's readying an on-demand video game service, cringes whenever Google's gmail or other high profile Web services conk out. After all, his company's bold plan is to offer streamed access to a slew of br...
Twitter users beware: this scam will not leave you ROFL.
Users should chart the progress of Avaya's purchase of Nortel's enterprise assets carefully, so that they are spared any unpleasant product integration or rationalization surprises.
The build-out of Australia’s first 4G network has taken a step forward with the signing of Canadian company DragonWave to supply wireless backhaul for the forthcoming VividWireless Perth network.
Cisco Systems has released its twice-yearly set of security patches for its router firmware, fixing 12 security flaws in the products.
The PIPE Networks undersea cable system, PIPE Pacific Cable (PPC-1), has successfully undergone tests, through the transmission of IP packets between Australia and the US, ahead of its launch next month.
Beta testers of a data-loss prevention add-on to Cisco's IronPort security appliances say DLP is looking like a fine complement to existing anti-virus and anti-spam filtering capabilities.
The biggest issue facing Nortel enterprise customers on the heels of Avaya's US$900 million purchase of that business is product overlap, consolidation and subsequent support, analysts say.
Alcatel-Lucent on Wednesday set a course for tighter integration of the two main components of long-haul service-provider networks, saying it will help carriers streamline their infrastructure and run it more efficiently.
With a similar legal battle playing out in the U.K., a company owned by Skype's founders has filed suit against Skype in the U.S.
The IEEE has finally approved the 802.11n high-throughput wireless LAN standard.
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
Acer Swift 7
Google Daydream VR headset
Huawei Mate 9
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Surface Pro 4
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Chips coming by June will herald the next generation of Wi-Fi
- Plume's 'routerless' mesh network blankets your home in Wi-Fi with an army of tiny pods
- Netgear Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router goes all the way to 11
- New Skype Preview lets Windows 10 Insiders manage phone texts on PCs
- Telstra’s ‘Free Data Day” sets new record for mobile downloads
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTProject / Implementation Coordinator (Junior-Mid Level) Sunshine Coast LocationQLD
- FTDigital Sales Account Manager - Global BrandNSW
- FTInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- TPImplementation Business Partner - Business ModernisationNSW
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- FTClient Delivery ManagerSA
- FTJava Developer/IntegratorACT
- FTFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- CCProject Manager - Adelaide basedNSW
- TPSOE AdministratorQLD
- TPChange and Communications CoordinatorQLD
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTMicrosoft ProgrammerSA
- TPe-Learning Developer (Captivate 8)VIC
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- TPAnalyst Programmer (Adabas)SA
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- FTSenior IT Business Analyst - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- FTFull Stack Web Developer .NET or JAVANSW
- TPMid-Level Java DeveloperNSW
- TPDesktop Support OfficerQLD
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- FT.Net Azure DeveloperSA