Researchers at MIT have developed a microchip that could enable blind people to regain some level of vision.
Networking, Wireless & VoIP - News
Cisco CEO John Chambers got a 16% raise this year, according to calculations made by the Associated Press, including a US$2 million bonus for vision and leadership.
Steve Perlman, CEO of a company called OnLive that's readying an on-demand video game service, cringes whenever Google's gmail or other high profile Web services conk out. After all, his company's bold plan is to offer streamed access to a slew of br...
Twitter users beware: this scam will not leave you ROFL.
Users should chart the progress of Avaya's purchase of Nortel's enterprise assets carefully, so that they are spared any unpleasant product integration or rationalization surprises.
The build-out of Australia’s first 4G network has taken a step forward with the signing of Canadian company DragonWave to supply wireless backhaul for the forthcoming VividWireless Perth network.
Cisco Systems has released its twice-yearly set of security patches for its router firmware, fixing 12 security flaws in the products.
The PIPE Networks undersea cable system, PIPE Pacific Cable (PPC-1), has successfully undergone tests, through the transmission of IP packets between Australia and the US, ahead of its launch next month.
Beta testers of a data-loss prevention add-on to Cisco's IronPort security appliances say DLP is looking like a fine complement to existing anti-virus and anti-spam filtering capabilities.
The biggest issue facing Nortel enterprise customers on the heels of Avaya's US$900 million purchase of that business is product overlap, consolidation and subsequent support, analysts say.
Alcatel-Lucent on Wednesday set a course for tighter integration of the two main components of long-haul service-provider networks, saying it will help carriers streamline their infrastructure and run it more efficiently.
With a similar legal battle playing out in the U.K., a company owned by Skype's founders has filed suit against Skype in the U.S.
The IEEE has finally approved the 802.11n high-throughput wireless LAN standard.
Skype is shutting down Extras, the most important part of its program for outside developers, saying that demand for these third-party plug-ins has been weak.
Broadband growth is still reeling from the economic downturn, but there are also tentative signs of a recovery, according to market research company Point Topic.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Netgear Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router goes all the way to 11
- New Skype Preview lets Windows 10 Insiders manage phone texts on PCs
- Telstra’s ‘Free Data Day” sets new record for mobile downloads
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Consumers let down by broadband speed and performance: ACCAN
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTIT Operations Manager / IT Business ManagerVIC
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantNSW
- CCSolution Architect - PeopleSoft HCM Global Payroll 9.1 -9.2 .NSW
- FTIntermediate Front End DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Architect | Perl | Linux |MySQL | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW
- FTNetwork and Security Engineer - Checkpoint, Firewalls, VPNNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCIT Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTIntegration Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- CCPOS EngineerNSW
- CCIteration Manager - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 161014/CO/vmtAsia
- CCTechnical SpecialistVIC
- FTFrontend Developer/DesignerNSW
- CCSolutions Architect (Data Warehouse/Application Integration) - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-month renewable Contract)Asia
- CCFirewall EngineerNSW
- FTSystems ArchitectACT
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- FTSenior Infrastructure EngineerNSW
- PTService Management AnalystSA
- CCMobile Developers (IOS and Android)QLD