Steve Perlman, CEO of a company called OnLive that's readying an on-demand video game service, cringes whenever Google's gmail or other high profile Web services conk out. After all, his company's bold plan is to offer streamed access to a slew of br...
Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Twitter users beware: this scam will not leave you ROFL.
Users should chart the progress of Avaya's purchase of Nortel's enterprise assets carefully, so that they are spared any unpleasant product integration or rationalization surprises.
The build-out of Australia’s first 4G network has taken a step forward with the signing of Canadian company DragonWave to supply wireless backhaul for the forthcoming VividWireless Perth network.
Cisco Systems has released its twice-yearly set of security patches for its router firmware, fixing 12 security flaws in the products.
The PIPE Networks undersea cable system, PIPE Pacific Cable (PPC-1), has successfully undergone tests, through the transmission of IP packets between Australia and the US, ahead of its launch next month.
Beta testers of a data-loss prevention add-on to Cisco's IronPort security appliances say DLP is looking like a fine complement to existing anti-virus and anti-spam filtering capabilities.
The biggest issue facing Nortel enterprise customers on the heels of Avaya's US$900 million purchase of that business is product overlap, consolidation and subsequent support, analysts say.
Alcatel-Lucent on Wednesday set a course for tighter integration of the two main components of long-haul service-provider networks, saying it will help carriers streamline their infrastructure and run it more efficiently.
With a similar legal battle playing out in the U.K., a company owned by Skype's founders has filed suit against Skype in the U.S.
The IEEE has finally approved the 802.11n high-throughput wireless LAN standard.
Skype is shutting down Extras, the most important part of its program for outside developers, saying that demand for these third-party plug-ins has been weak.
Broadband growth is still reeling from the economic downturn, but there are also tentative signs of a recovery, according to market research company Point Topic.
Take a deep breath: Skype isn't working so great on the iPhone right now. But a fix should be available by Wednesday evening in Apple's App Store.
Wi-Fi chip vendor Atheros Networks plans to acquire Intellon, a maker of chips for home powerline networking equipment, for about US$244 million.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- New wireless tech from MIT promises password-free Wi-Fi
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Consumers let down by broadband speed and performance: ACCAN
- Apple recalls AC wall plug adapters
- This Asus router is a powerful rebuttal to Google OnHub's stark simplicity
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Datacentre Maintenance) 160817/SA/993Asia
- CCUNIX/ LINUX SERVER ENGINEERVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/MySQL) 160823/AP/172Asia
- CCSenior Change Analyst, WealthNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- FTIT ManagerAsia
- CCSAP ArchitectSA
- CCDesktop Support Level 1 /2VIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Oracle SQL/.Net) 160812/AP/vhsAsia
- FTSAP Ariba Consultant/ManagerVIC
- FTPrincipal Business Consultant- Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCSenior Security Specialist - McAfeeVIC
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTProject Administrator (Agile)WA
- CCData ModellerACT
- CCPersonal AssistantVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Unix/Linux/Web) 160819/AP/173Asia
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- CCDB2 Database AdministratorACT
- CCProgram SchedulerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160826/AP/972Asia
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCData/ Business AnalystVIC