If you're thinking about using Skype for Business as a way to save money you might want to put it off until the courts settle lawsuits that swirl around plans to sell the company.
Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Operators Clearwire International, Tatung InfoComm and VMAX have for the first time demonstrated mobile WiMax global roaming, the WiMax Forum said on Monday.
A blogger helping to tune a friend's wi-fi network uncovered a gaping security hole in Wi-Fi cable modem routers installed in 64,000 Time Warner subscribers' homes, leaving them open to attack.
The first public white spaces network officially launched on Wednesday in Claudville, Virginia.
Extreme Networks on Wednesday announced a new set of enterprise wireless LAN products based on Motorola technology as part of a broader partnership that will also produce a unified control system for both wired and wireless infrastructure.
People all over Earth can already access Google's services online. For the next three months, some of them will be able to access those same services from above Earth too.
AT&T raised the stakes last week in its recent dust-up with Google over an online voice service, accusing its rival of blocking phone calls to nuns.
After transcripts of some voice mail messages from Google Voice users appeared in search results, Google has modified the telephony management service to prevent this from happening, the company said Monday.
Australia's Commonwealth Scientific and Research Organisation (CSIRO) has turned its budgeted deficit of $34.2 million for the 2008-09 financial year into a $122 million surplus, with the unexpected windfall primarily attributed to its intellectual p...
Federal authorities arrested a husband and wife team for allegedly stealing US$23 million from Cisco in a scheme that had the network giant shipping replacement parts to fake businesses in eight states. The scheme reportedly defrauded Cisco's SMARTne...
A new industry specification promises to un-network Wi-Fi networks. Dubbed Wi-Fi Direct, the spec will let your laptop or smartphone connect directly with other wireless devices.
A new specification, called Wi-Fi Direct, provides peer-to-peer connections between Wi-Fi devices, no hotspot required. That could be bad news for Bluetooth, but good news for customers.
Three high-profile U.S. lawmakers have begun an informal investigation into high access charges that some rural telephone carriers charge to competitors, on the heels of complaints about the practice from Google and some large carriers.
Users of Apple's Time Capsule have taken to the Web with complaints about their dead storage and wireless devices and are tallying the hardware failures in an effort to convince Apple that there's a problem.
Cisco this week enhanced its IPv6 offerings for its carrier core and edge routers in an effort to ease the eventual migration from IPv4.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- New wireless tech from MIT promises password-free Wi-Fi
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Consumers let down by broadband speed and performance: ACCAN
- Apple recalls AC wall plug adapters
- This Asus router is a powerful rebuttal to Google OnHub's stark simplicity
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- CCSenior Change AnalystNSW
- CCOracle Payroll Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - SAP HANAQLD
- CCDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160520/AP/985Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET C#/MS ASP .NET) 160526/AP/263Asia
- CCProject Manager - Healthcare DomainSA
- CCOracle Fusion SOA/BPEL DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160526/AP/506Asia
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- CCNetwork Access Specialist - Telecommunications (Apply now)!!NSW
- CCOpen Source Specialist / Senior ConsultantQLD
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- CCTechnical Service LeadNSW
- CCNetwork Architect VoiceNSW
- CCAccess Control Administration / Help desk OperatorACT
- CCDeemed Order Business SpecialistVIC
- CCBusiness Intelligence (BI) AnalystQLD
- CCDeployment Project EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTFunctional Business Analyst Dynamic AXNSW
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- FTVMWare Infrastructure EngineerVIC