Google plans to upgrade its YouTube video streaming Web site to provide support for IPv6, a long-anticipated upgrade to the Internet's main communications protocol.
Networking, Wireless & VoIP
The Ethernet switch market grew for the second consecutive quarter during the third quarter of this year, driven by continued strength in data center deployments, according to Dell’Oro Group.
A new report from a mobile security vendor details how the most popular smartphones, including the iPhone, are very vulnerable to man-in-the-middle attacks, carried out via public Wi-Fi connections.
Cisco has raised its bid for Norwegian video conferencing vendor Tandberg to 19 billion Norwegian Kroner (US$3.4 billion), up from $3.0 billion, but says it will raise its price no further.
Cisco, EMC and VMware last week unveiled the much rumored joint venture to sell their products to companies wanting to build internal clouds. Called Acadia (for who knows what reason), the joint venture is a collaboration between the three companies ...
Google is bulking up its phone offerings with the acquisition of Gizmo5, a company that offers voice-over-IP software for mobile phones and computers.
HP's news that it would lay down $US2.7 billion to acquire network switch maker 3Com not only causes industry watchers to look ahead at what could come of such a deal, but also reminds many of the IT vendor's long history of billion-dollar acquisitio...
Cisco is making a concerted effort to improve the compatibility of its telepresence gear, something that industry observers say has been lagging, but that is sorely needed if it and other vendors are to succeed.
Logitech's only video products are commodity Web cams, but that will change when the company closes a deal to buy high-definition videoconferencing vendor LifeSize Communications.
Hewlett-Packard has agreed to buy 3Com for about US$2.7 billion, pushing forward the giant IT vendor's strategy for combining computing, storage, services and networking under one roof.
A day after Microsoft plugged more than a dozen holes in its software, a security researcher unveiled a new unpatched bug in Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2 that, when exploited, locks up the system, requiring a total shutdown to regain control.
Wireless broadband provider Clearwire had about 173,000 WiMax subscribers at the end of September and should be able to offer service to 120 million potential subscribers in the U.S. by the end of next year, the company said Tuesday.
Adelaide became the first city in Australia to utilise WiMAX broadband technology as South Australian ISP Adam Internet yesterday switched on its AdamMax broadband network.
Logitech plans to acquire LifeSize Communications, a company that makes HD video communications equipment, for US$405 million in cash, the companies said Tuesday.
Hoping to bring holiday cheer to harried travelers, Google is footing the bill for Wi-Fi access at 47 U.S. airports through mid-January, so that people can connect free to the Internet while they wait at airline gates and other areas.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Telstra’s ‘Free Data Day” sets new record for mobile downloads
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Consumers let down by broadband speed and performance: ACCAN
- Apple recalls AC wall plug adapters
- This Asus router is a powerful rebuttal to Google OnHub's stark simplicity
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- FTSenior Change Manager - Capital MarketsNSW
- FTAzure ArchitectQLD
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD
- CCTest Analyst - Contact Centre TechnologiesVIC
- CCRemedy AdministratorNSW
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW
- FTService Coordinator/Scheduler | IT Managed Service ProviderVIC
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- CCSystem admin with SQL server experience | Defence-wide project | NV1 neededACT
- CCProcurement Contract SpecialistQLD
- CCSCRUM MasterNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/SQL) 160421/P/903Asia
- FTPMO AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC
- CCTransition Program ManagerNSW
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW
- CCInfra Project Manager-Data Center, Cloud, Storage, NetworkNSW
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW