AusRegistry, the company tasked with operating the .au domain namespace, has dropped the price of net.au domain names to $1. The promotion will run throughout the month of May, and it has been done to encourage take-up of net.au names for Australian ...
Networking, Wireless & VoIP
iiNet’s content delivery network (CDN) distributed 1.2 petabytes (PB) or 1228.8 terabytes (TB) of video and music data in December 2013 alone.
Optus has reported that its Sydney- and Newcastle-based live network test sites recorded an aggregate throughput maximum of 2.3 gigabits per second (Gbps).
Huawei and Telstra are partnering to launch the world’s first long term evolution (LTE) category six-compatible mobile broadband device in Australia.
The early Wi-Fi standards that opened the world's eyes to wire-free networking are now holding back the newer, faster protocols that followed in their wake, Cisco Systems said.
Origin Smart Energy Monitor allows users to keep an eye on consumption, but only in Victoria for now
Origin Energy today announced the availability of a Smart Energy Monitor for its customers in Victoria. The Smart Energy Monitor is a device that works with ZigBee wireless technology, and it can give users a real-time view of energy consumption for ...
From the look of the entries that we received for our Messiest Office competition, it seems many of us still have a deep desire to hoard every little thing that comes across our work environment.
Get ready for a ridiculous boost in wireless networking speed. Two camps are competing to deliver wireless components that are at least seven times faster than today's gigabit (IEEE 802.11ac) routers. By harnessing spectrum in the unlicensed 60GHz fr...
WAN optimization vendor Silver Peak last week announced a service that it proclaims speeds data transfers into Amazon's cloud by 100 times compared to not using Silver Peak's deduplication system.
Every modern household has a plethora of screens. We carry some with us, from the miniature sub-5-inch screens of most smartphones, to 7-to-10-inch portable tablets, and the 11-to-17-inch screens of Ultrabooks and notebooks.
Modems and routers and network cards aren’t usually the sexiest and most exciting of devices to pass through the PC World test centre. They’re generally going to be hidden under a desk or in a cupboard, so we don’t pay much attention to how they look...
Belkin’s WeMo is, in a few words, a home automation system. It works to give you Wi-Fi control over your appliances and electronics, using a plug-in connector that connects to your wall socket or powerboard, remotely switching on and off your home’s ...
Tens of millions of network-enabled devices including routers, printers, media servers, IP cameras, smart TVs and more can be attacked over the Internet because of dangerous flaws in their implementation of the UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) protocol...
While the Wi-Fi world is rightly abuzz over the rapidly approaching large-scale deployment of the new 802.11ac standard, experts at an Interop NY panel said today that the 802.11ad standard is likely to be even more transformative.
RF’s most odd, unusual, cool, intriguing network applications for work, fashion, health and play
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Apple recalls AC wall plug adapters
- This Asus router is a powerful rebuttal to Google OnHub's stark simplicity
- Google releases stylish $199 Wi-Fi router meant to be shown off
- iiNet unveils Social Post at Perth Arena
- Telstra officially launches its national Wi-Fi network
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCInformation ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior Project Manager - Cloud / Telecommunications (Melb CBD)VIC
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- FTProject Manager | Permanent position | NV1 NV2 cleared | Defence | Great cultureACT
- CCHelpdesk SupportNSW
- CCMaster SchedulerVIC
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager - NV1 clearance mandatoryNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCRecords Officer - CanberraACT
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- CCMid-level DevOps EngineerNSW
- CCIT Performance Test AnalystACT
- FTChange LeadNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | ChatswoodNSW
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW
- FTOracle System Integration Engineer - CANBERRASA
- CCSAP ABAP ProgrammersACT
- CCLevel 2 Helpdesk, Service Support- Remedy or SAP backgroundNSW
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC