Staying anonymous online could get a lot simpler with Anonabox, a pocket-sized networking device due to launch early next year.
Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Those face-meltingly fast new 802.11ac routers might not be king of the wireless networking world for long. Samsung recently announced it's developing new 802.11ad Wi-Fi technology that can turbocharge network speeds fivefold, from today's 866Mbps p...
Sophos has conducted some interesting research around the world to find out how people are securing their wireless networks. Here are the results for Sydney.
AusRegistry, the company tasked with operating the .au domain namespace, has dropped the price of net.au domain names to $1. The promotion will run throughout the month of May, and it has been done to encourage take-up of net.au names for Australian ...
iiNet’s content delivery network (CDN) distributed 1.2 petabytes (PB) or 1228.8 terabytes (TB) of video and music data in December 2013 alone.
Optus has reported that its Sydney- and Newcastle-based live network test sites recorded an aggregate throughput maximum of 2.3 gigabits per second (Gbps).
Huawei and Telstra are partnering to launch the world’s first long term evolution (LTE) category six-compatible mobile broadband device in Australia.
The early Wi-Fi standards that opened the world's eyes to wire-free networking are now holding back the newer, faster protocols that followed in their wake, Cisco Systems said.
Origin Smart Energy Monitor allows users to keep an eye on consumption, but only in Victoria for now
Origin Energy today announced the availability of a Smart Energy Monitor for its customers in Victoria. The Smart Energy Monitor is a device that works with ZigBee wireless technology, and it can give users a real-time view of energy consumption for ...
From the look of the entries that we received for our Messiest Office competition, it seems many of us still have a deep desire to hoard every little thing that comes across our work environment.
Get ready for a ridiculous boost in wireless networking speed. Two camps are competing to deliver wireless components that are at least seven times faster than today's gigabit (IEEE 802.11ac) routers. By harnessing spectrum in the unlicensed 60GHz fr...
WAN optimization vendor Silver Peak last week announced a service that it proclaims speeds data transfers into Amazon's cloud by 100 times compared to not using Silver Peak's deduplication system.
Every modern household has a plethora of screens. We carry some with us, from the miniature sub-5-inch screens of most smartphones, to 7-to-10-inch portable tablets, and the 11-to-17-inch screens of Ultrabooks and notebooks.
Modems and routers and network cards aren’t usually the sexiest and most exciting of devices to pass through the PC World test centre. They’re generally going to be hidden under a desk or in a cupboard, so we don’t pay much attention to how they look...
Belkin’s WeMo is, in a few words, a home automation system. It works to give you Wi-Fi control over your appliances and electronics, using a plug-in connector that connects to your wall socket or powerboard, remotely switching on and off your home’s ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Telstra’s ‘Free Data Day” sets new record for mobile downloads
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Consumers let down by broadband speed and performance: ACCAN
- Apple recalls AC wall plug adapters
- This Asus router is a powerful rebuttal to Google OnHub's stark simplicity
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCTest Analyst - Contact Centre TechnologiesVIC
- FTNetwork ConsultantNSW
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Front End / UI Developer (React.js / LESS / SASS)NSW
- CCEnterprise Architect (Security)NSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160422/AP/544Asia
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTChange Lead- DigitalVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160505/AP/951Asia
- CCSiebel AnalystACT
- CCSr System AnalystACT
- CCSAP BW developerVIC
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCContract Snr IT Assistant (IT Operation/UNIX) 160504/SITA/982Asia
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- CCProject Specialist - Contact Center and Unified CommunicationsVIC