Now that LTE and WiMax officially are not 4G, use of that heavily advertised term is a free-for-all -- at least until it comes time to name the next wave of mobile networks.
Networking, Wireless & VoIP
With an eye to letting people link more devices and displays without using cables, the Wireless Gigabit Alliance plans to bring DisplayPort technology into its specification.
Broadcom is shipping samples of a processor for 100-Gigabit Ethernet, part of an architecture that can scale up to a clustered system with a total capacity of 100T bps (bits per second).
A network hardware failure knocked PayPal offline for all of its users globally on Friday, and the recovery and failover systems didn't spring into action as quickly as they were supposed to.
Have you ever participated in an online meeting or video conference where you've logged in at the correct time -- or ten minutes early as directed by the meeting invite -- and then sat through thirty minutes or more of frustration and troubleshooting...
While Wi-Fi has increasingly become the primary choice for office worker connectivity, it may be some time before it replaces wired networks altogether, according to panelists at the Interop conference, held last week in New York.
Blair Levin was the lead author of the US Government's version of the NBN, the National Broadband Plan, which has faced similar controversies and challenges. He talks to ARN about how wireless broadband is the future and why the Australian method may...
VoIP and IP service provider MyNetFone (ASX:MNF) is rolling out mobile VoIP services for the iPhone, Android and Symbian operating systems.
We've all had the problem of going into a crowded Starbucks and suffering through a substandard Wi-Fi signal, most likely caused by too few access points and too many end users. But what if Wi-Fi antennas could do a better job of detecting how many d...
With the Internet's largest-ever upgrade looming, network operators are using up address space based on the current standard -- known as IPv4 -- much faster than they are adopting IPv6, the next-generation standard.
At 4G World this week, Ruckus Wireless is announcing new 802.11n Wi-Fi products aimed at wireless network operators, for indoor and outdoor coverage that can offload their cellular data networks.
Clearwire is launching its 4G WiMax network in New York, San Francisco and Los Angeles before the end of the year, it said Monday.
The global body in charge of allocating Internet addresses expects to hand out the final blocks of IPv4 (Internet Protocol version 4) addresses to regional registrars early next year, it said Monday.
Skype has tied up with one of Japan's largest telecommunications companies in a deal that will see its Internet telephony service offered on cell phones and to broadband, fixed line and cable TV customers.
With the launch of Skype 5.0 this week, the PC-based voice over IP (VoIP) and messaging service is now integrated with the Facebook social network. While neither Skype, nor Facebook are typically considered business platforms, the combination of the ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Telstra’s ‘Free Data Day” sets new record for mobile downloads
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Consumers let down by broadband speed and performance: ACCAN
- Apple recalls AC wall plug adapters
- This Asus router is a powerful rebuttal to Google OnHub's stark simplicity
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTImplementation ConsultantNSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- FTData AnalystsWA
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSolution Architect, Funds Management, Part time roleNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160822/AP/259Asia
- FTProject Administrator (Agile)WA
- CCContract Systems Analyst (CISCO/Firewall/Network) 160819/SA/423Asia
- CCWebmaster content managementACT
- FTSAP Ariba Consultant/ManagerVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Data Management/Web) 160818/SA/602Asia
- FTPMO SpecialistACT
- CCSenior Server and Storage Support EngineerNSW
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- FTSenior Test Analyst | End to End TestingNSW
- FTChange Management Specialist - IT Service ManagementNSW
- CCProject Manager, Infrastructure Migration, AWS CloudNSW
- CCDesktop Support Level 1 /2VIC
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCContract Programmer (Data/File Backup Technology) 160826/P/283Asia
- CCProject Manager - Expense Management SystemVIC
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160824/AP/531Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Infrastructure/JAVA) 160901/SA/486Asia
- CCSenior Project Specialist - Network IPVIC