Remember the good old days of the LAN party? You might not; thanks to today's prevalence of broadband connections, the availability of free voice and video chat services, and the ample multiplayer support found in most modern games, you no longer hav...
Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Your 802.11n wireless network and devices are about to become passé. Although the official 802.11ac specification won't be finalised until sometime in 2013, wireless equipment will soon appear on store shelves sporting the faster wireless protocol.
Home networking is never as simple as merely connecting device A to device B. This guide will walk you through the jargon of setting up a home network.
New exploits against VoIP continue to emerge, but experts say these demonstrations reveal the need for vigilant security and are not fatal flaws to the technology.
Voice over IP is exactly what its name suggests. It is voice communication that is transmitted over an Internet Protocol (IP) service.
If you have multiple computers around the home or office and want to network them together to share an ADSL Internet connection then this guide is for you.
Follow this guide to learn everything about wireless networking. Whether you're connecting to a wireless hotspot or sending data from your PC to a handheld computer we have all the tips you need to get the most out of this technology.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Telstra’s ‘Free Data Day” sets new record for mobile downloads
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Consumers let down by broadband speed and performance: ACCAN
- Apple recalls AC wall plug adapters
- This Asus router is a powerful rebuttal to Google OnHub's stark simplicity
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- FTSenior Architect, TechnologyNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- CCSenior IT Automated TesterNSW
- FTProject CoordinatorQLD
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160615/ITA/922Asia
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW
- CCImplementation ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - Marketing and Distribution systemsNSW
- CCIT Technical Writer- understanding in RDMBS,Web server, StorageNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- Process Mapping Specialist- Gov / Bank backgdNSW
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT
- FTTechnical COE SpecialistACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer (System Backup Operation/UNIX) 160615/AP/791Asia
- CCInside Sales Specialist / Customer Service - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorVIC
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- CCETL Developer - Tableau FocusNSW
- FTEnterprise Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT
- FTIT Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCSAP Application Delivery LeadVIC