If you think the touchscreen on the Apple iPhone is cool, imagine a device that actually sees, reflects and responds to your fingers touching the back of the device
Networking, Wireless & VoIP - Features
In the US, Morrisville State College's deployment of 802.11n WLAN has been covered in an attempt to study the challenges facing early enterprise adopters of 11n.
Not convinced that superfast 802.11n Wi-Fi is for you? Allow us to persuade you.
US consumers using an expanding array of broadband services, including movie downloads, video games, online backup, and streaming audio and video, are flooding the nation's broadband pipes with data--and it could cost them.
If you want a demonstration of the speed at which the technology industry works these days just consider Sharp's thin TVs. The first time we heard about them was when the company unveiled prototypes in the middle of last year. At that time Sharp talk...
Got a small network, home network, medium-size network -- even an enterprise network -- and want to get the most out of it? Then I've got good news for you: 10 free pieces of software that can make your network easier to use, troubleshoot and maintai...
The new year began with the tech blow-out that is the International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. Many of the big Asian tech companies were at the event showing their latest gadgets, and some interesting new technology that will be availabl...
Some day the IEEE will get around to finalizing the 802.11n standard that it began working on in 2003. That some day was supposed to be 2006. Then 2007. Then 2008. Maybe, the standard will be finalized in 2009. Maybe 2010.
When it comes to the "next big thing," I'm usually pretty skeptical. (It's from all those years I've spent trying to get gear to work as advertised.) But in 2008, we will see some long-promised technologies--like the connected home, truly smart "smar...
Like the age of the earth or of Hollywood stars, estimates on the age of the Internet depend on whom you ask. By the calculations of one industry pioneer, this week marks the 20th birthday of the modern Internet.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Plume's 'routerless' mesh network blankets your home in Wi-Fi with an army of tiny pods
- Netgear Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router goes all the way to 11
- New Skype Preview lets Windows 10 Insiders manage phone texts on PCs
- Telstra’s ‘Free Data Day” sets new record for mobile downloads
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- FTSecurity Incident / SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- FTSAP Business Objects ConsultantACT
- FTInfrastructure Solution ArchitectSA
- FTTechnical Account ManagerACT
- CCProject DirectorVIC
- FTChief ArchitectVIC
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCAAA DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Financial Planning - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTTechnical Content CoordinatorVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSoftware Support SpecialistQLD
- CCSenior C++ Software EngineerWA
- CCService Desk SMENSW
- FTConsulting Solution/Integration ArchitectVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantACT
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTLead Software Engineer - JavaQLD
- TPLearning/Instructional DesignerQLD
- FTLevel 2 Help Desk SupportQLD
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW