Our Back to Business guide features a selection of products from our sponsors and editors, and gives you some useful pointers on the gear that can help you be more productive. It includes essentials for the office, stuff for executives, mobile gear t...
Networking, Wireless & VoIP
It's that time of year again when most of us fret over what to buy for our loved ones. Fear not, though, for our Christmas Gift Guide can set you in the right direction, no matter what your budget.
What does an NBN connection actually look like when placed in a new home? Here are some photos showing one type of installation in a freestanding home in a greenfield housing estate in Sydney’s western suburbs.
A lot of us have network attached storage (NAS) devices on which we store all our music, videos, photos, and other personal files. It's a central storage location that's accessible to all computers and compatible media streamers on a network if it's ...
Telstra has announced a $100 million plan to create a public wireless network. The investment will go towards the development of 2 million hotspots nationwide in an effort to hedge mobile internet usage and, indirectly, lower the cost of data when ro...
It's a major frustration when you can get a decent wireless signal in one part of your house, yet experience dead zones in other parts. Most wireless routers aren't powerful enough to cover an entire house (especially in multi-story dwellings), so so...
There are many reasons to upgrade to a fast new wireless network for your home. You may already have access to NBN (national broadband network) fibre and need the extra Wi-Fi capacity to distribute your faster Internet connection; or you may just wan...
The storage market is a highly competitive and, at times, complicated space for the enterprise with plenty of choice and a vast array of products. That can make finding the right solution difficult.
One exciting aspect of the new MacBook Air release is the prospect of greater Wi-Fi speed and performance. That's because Apple's updated laptop sports built-in compatibility with the newest draft networking standard, 802.11ac, an upgrade of the curr...
Setting up IP cameras around the home can sometimes be a chore, especially if you're not all that good at networking. However, D-Link's range of Cloud cameras and routers aims to make the set-up of these devices as easy as plugging them in.
Bob Metcalfe, Dave Boggs and the rest of the scientists at Xerox Palo Alto Research Center in 1973 were a lot like young developers at a Silicon Valley startup today.
The HDBaseT Alliance wants to change a wired dependence with a strategy it has dubbed "5Play convergence": a wired network that carries digital video, audio, data, control signals, and--most interestingly--100 watts of electrical power over a single ...
We don't often perform 'unboxing' articles about modem-routers, but iiNet's Budii deserves one considering how much effort the ISP has put into the packaging and aesthetics of its latest offering.
Laptops used to be the only devices on the company's wireless network. But Wi-Fi has become a ubiquitous standard used by a host of devices -- including desktop PCs, laptops, netbooks, tablets, smartphones, printers, storage devices, and projectors.
Major Websites are to test Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) by participating in World IPv6 Day, scheduled for June 8. Google, Facebook, and Yahoo, among others, have agreed to ensure that IPv6 entrances to their sites will be available, along wi...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Telstra’s ‘Free Data Day” sets new record for mobile downloads
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Consumers let down by broadband speed and performance: ACCAN
- Apple recalls AC wall plug adapters
- This Asus router is a powerful rebuttal to Google OnHub's stark simplicity
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCNetwork Technical ConsultantSA
- FTStorage SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCLead Business Analyst - multiple rolesVIC
- CCTechnology Lead / Senior Developer - Java (Urgent)NSW
- FTHadoop Operation EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Specialist EmailACT
- FTSenior Developer - .Net, MVC, C#NSW
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Network Security AdministratorACT
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsNSW
- CCSenior IT Security Specialist-SANS, ISC2, ISACA, ITILNSW
- FTAzure ConsultantQLD
- CCMicrosoft System Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCSolutions Architect - Enterprise ApplicationsNSW
- CCSystem AdmimistratorQLD
- CCProject Manager - Healthcare DomainSA
- CCSystems Engineer - NV2ACT
- CCNetwork Engineer, Renewable ContractAsia
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCSystems Engineer- VMware / Cisco UCSNSW
- CCIBM Sterling Developer + IBM Sterling Team LeaderNSW
- CCRelease Manager, SAPNSW
- CCSenior BA - Enterprise DataNSW
- CCSecurity Consultant - Telecommunications and NetworksSA