The Soundmatters foxL is a portable Bluetooth speaker with a rechargeable battery. It's easy to slip into a pocket or backpack, and its expansive sound makes it a good choice for travellers. It is expensive but its audio quality is also head and shou...
Philips' AE5230 is a portable DAB+ digital radio. Lightweight (650g) and easy on the eye, this DAB+ radio can also tune in to regular FM stations; it makes for a nice addition to any kitchen bench or bedside table.
The Revo Blok iPod dock has full-range stereo speakers that output a smooth and pleasant sound which isn't especially clear in treble but has detailed and rich mid-range and bass. The model we tested had a beautiful woodgrain finish and exacting buil...
Finally! A digital radio that has a decent price tag yet doesn't make any compromises when it comes to sound quality. OXX Digital's Vantage looks as good as it sounds, with a retro design that’s very easy on the eye.
The Revo Pico DAB+ greatly improves on its predecessor, the Revo UNO DAB+. It's a nifty little rugged radio that lets you listen to FM and DAB+ stations. The inclusion of a rechargeable battery in the Pico was a great move by Revo, and the ‘splashpro...
The Revo iBlik RadioStation is a desktop digital radio with an iPod dock and Wi-Fi networking. It's stylish and modern, but the troublesome controls and an imperfect mono speaker mean it isn't a great choice.
The Creative Zen X-Fi2 is a 16GB portable media player with a touch screen and gesture support that's reminiscent of the iPod Touch but not as elegant. It can handle a vast array of music and video file formats, and it has built-in extras such an FM ...
The Laser DVBT-ST35 is a 3.5in portable LCD TV with a touch screen and an internal digital television tuner and aerial. It has a rechargeable battery, so you can use it to watch TV on the move, but a poor internal antenna means the unit is only usefu...
The Pure EVOKE-2S is an eco-friendly digital radio that receives both digital audio broadcasts (DAB) and FM signals. It's marketed at people who want a digital radio for the kitchen, but you can use this model pretty much anywhere around the house. P...
The Logitech S125i is a well-built iPod speaker system that can use batteries or mains power to run. It’s a simple unit and provides reasonable audio quality at low to medium volumes, but distortion becomes evident when cranking the sound up. Despite...
The TDK iVibe is an iPod dock with two flat-panel speakers, a large LCD screen and an alarm clock function. If you’re looking for a slim, wall-mountable dock, the TDK iVibe is worth considering.
The Kogan Digital Radio with Wi-Fi and iPod dock has the widest range of features included in any of the digital radio we've reviewed, plus it is also one of the cheapest. Unfortunately, it suffers from a few design and construction flaws.
The Pure EVOKE Flow is a DAB+ compatible digital radio with integrated Wi-Fi networking, a battery port and auxiliary inputs. While it's not as full of features as other digital radio players, its construction is second to none.
The OXX Classic DAB+ digital radio is a complete music solution for your home or office — it allows you to listen to both analog and digital radio as well as a huge range of Internet radio stations. Music streaming from a PC is a breeze once Wi...
The fifth-generation Apple iPod Nano retains the same elongated body as its predecessor, but adds several longed-for and unexpected features. The inability to take still photos is a tad perplexing, but the addition of an integrated speaker, video rec...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Apple TV will serve as hub for remotely controlling HomeKit devices
- Sony Smart B-Trainer headset gives runners vocal advice
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
- Apple shows off iPod touch, nano updates
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCHybrid Mobile App DeveloperNSW
- CCUser Experience AnalystACT
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/ SQL*PLUS/PL/SQL/PRO*C) 160617/AP/983Asia
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCLead Solution Analyst - BMC Remedy softwareVIC
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- CCSharepoint ConsultantQLD
- CCSr Business Analyst FI/CO, ERP, Procurement, Payroll, HR, SAPNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia
- CCServiceNow DeveloperVIC
- CCSales Specialist - DigitalNSW
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Oracle Financials (Procure To Pay)NSW
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- CCIT Helpdesk Support- Remedy ticketing systemNSW
- FTContract System SpecialistAsia
- FTBusiness Analyst - Clinical SystemsSA
- CCETL Developer - Tableau FocusNSW
- CCProject Manager - Digital / MediaNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer JUNIPERNSW
- CCSenior Performance & Automation EngineerNSW