As I wrote the other day, it's a pretty simple matter to add a second monitor to your PC. But what about a third? That might require a little more doing.
A reader Maina wants to know how to connect a second (and possibly even third) monitor to his PC. He wants one for documents, another for his Web browser or music software, and so on.
Question: I often use my TV as a second monitor for giving presentations. My Windows 7 laptop normally operates at a 1920x1080 resolution, but changes to 1360x768 when I connect the TV.
Once you've seen some amazing pictures of seemingly transparent LCD screens, you may want to create your own optical illusion. After researching the topic, I wanted to give it a try, too. So I'm going to show you the simplest way I've found to create...
Reader Mike ordered a new Dell system that came with a 21.5-inch LCD monitor. Although the monitor includes VGA, DVI, and HDMI inputs, it included only a VGA cable--even though the setup instructions recommend a DVI or HDMI connection! Mike wants to ...
Here are your most likely options, from the best to the worst, if you want to hook up your desktop PC or notebook to your TV.
Here's how to identify every important cable for use with computer monitors.
Monitor space is a terrible thing to waste. Yet most of us sacrifice valuable screen estate to omnipresent toolbars, which appear in our Web browsers, our word processors, and other apps.
Monitors, including desktop and laptop LCDs, consume a considerable amount of power. Yet most of us leave ours on and running all day (if not all night).
When I was a kid, I used to wonder if everyone saw the world in the same way. What if what I called "yellow" looked like green to someone else?
Admit it: You've lusted after the giant 30-inch desktop monitors you've seen in stores. Imagine what you could do with all that screen real estate, and all those pixels! But hold on a minute--those giant displays aren't necessarily all they're cracke...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Huawei female watch review: Bringing out your inner fashionista
- 4 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 5 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Dell's monstrous 70-inch touchscreen monitor takes aim at Microsoft's Surface Hub
- Dell's 4-screen multimonitor setup looks like one enormous 43-inch display
- Foxconn to pay over $US6bn for a majority stake in Sharp
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Kogan forced to pay $32,400 penalty by ACCC
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- CCIT Security ArchitectVIC
- CCNetwork Architect - Cisco, Aruba and SecurityNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE) 160721/AP/075Asia
- CCAssociate Engineer (Communications Engineering)Asia
- CCAgile Performance Tester- Bamboo, Jenkins, Confluence, JiraNSW
- CCSystems AdministratorSA
- CCChange Analysts - multiple rolesNSW
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- CCSAP MM / Ariba Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCFrontend DevelopersQLD
- FTSenior Manager (Business Data Management)NSW
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS EngineerNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows) 160804/ITA/151Asia
- CCPortfolio AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Data ArchitectNSW
- CCCommunication LeadVIC
- FTApplication Support AnalystSA
- FTChange ManagerNSW
- CCServiceNow Technical LeadNSW
- FTEnvironment Management AnalystACT
- FTJDE DeveloperVIC
- FTPortal DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Manager- Infrastructure and App Roles- Gov BackgroundNSW