As I wrote the other day, it's a pretty simple matter to add a second monitor to your PC. But what about a third? That might require a little more doing.
Monitors - Tutorials
A reader Maina wants to know how to connect a second (and possibly even third) monitor to his PC. He wants one for documents, another for his Web browser or music software, and so on.
Question: I often use my TV as a second monitor for giving presentations. My Windows 7 laptop normally operates at a 1920x1080 resolution, but changes to 1360x768 when I connect the TV.
Once you've seen some amazing pictures of seemingly transparent LCD screens, you may want to create your own optical illusion. After researching the topic, I wanted to give it a try, too. So I'm going to show you the simplest way I've found to create...
Reader Mike ordered a new Dell system that came with a 21.5-inch LCD monitor. Although the monitor includes VGA, DVI, and HDMI inputs, it included only a VGA cable--even though the setup instructions recommend a DVI or HDMI connection! Mike wants to ...
Here are your most likely options, from the best to the worst, if you want to hook up your desktop PC or notebook to your TV.
Here's how to identify every important cable for use with computer monitors.
Monitor space is a terrible thing to waste. Yet most of us sacrifice valuable screen estate to omnipresent toolbars, which appear in our Web browsers, our word processors, and other apps.
Monitors, including desktop and laptop LCDs, consume a considerable amount of power. Yet most of us leave ours on and running all day (if not all night).
When I was a kid, I used to wonder if everyone saw the world in the same way. What if what I called "yellow" looked like green to someone else?
Admit it: You've lusted after the giant 30-inch desktop monitors you've seen in stores. Imagine what you could do with all that screen real estate, and all those pixels! But hold on a minute--those giant displays aren't necessarily all they're cracke...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Dell's monstrous 70-inch touchscreen monitor takes aim at Microsoft's Surface Hub
- Dell's 4-screen multimonitor setup looks like one enormous 43-inch display
- Foxconn to pay over $US6bn for a majority stake in Sharp
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Kogan forced to pay $32,400 penalty by ACCC
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPBI DeveloperSA
- TPSharePoint DeveloperACT
- FTTechnical Solutions Architect - CloudNSW
- CCUser Interface(UI) DeveloperVIC
- FTTSM SpecialistNSW
- CCSIEM SpecialistVIC
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCCX Program LeadNSW
- FTJunior Data Centre Support Technician - Sydney CBDACT
- CCBusiness Analyst- Agile DigitalVIC
- FTFinancial AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Digital MarketNSW
- FTProject Manager - Community Transport SolutionsNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerQLD
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTServicing Financial Planner - CBDNSW
- CCSecurity Architect Finance Contract Sydney CBDNSW
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedNSW
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- FTChange or Project Manager- Electrical Network EngineeringNSW
- CCAPI DeveloperOther
- CCAutoCAD Business System Analyst/ GIS, Spatial AnalystNSW
- CCSecurity Consultant (Perth CBD based)VIC