Tech giant showcases TVs, devices, wearables and a raft of new home gadgets at CES 2016 in Las Vegas.
Monitors - Slideshows
LG's been pushing its Cinema 3D TVs -- like the LM6410, the LM7600, and the LM9600 -- hard over the last few months, but we haven't seen as much of a push with its IPS computer monitors.
Deciding what to buy friends and loved ones gifts for Christmas is never easy, but there are plenty of little gizmos to choose from if they are technically-minded. We've put together a little list of what we think would make useful and interesting gifts, from portable speakers to iPhone apps, from vinyl-to-MP3 rippers to phone-controlled helicopters -- we've tried to keep the mix as eclectic as possible.
Great looking tablets, superfast phones and the return of the boom box. Here's what we loved at this year's show.
From blinking lights and punch cards to LCDs and 3D flat panels, we trace the 70-year history of the tech that users rely on to see what a computer is doing.
Sling Media's small Slingbox 700U won one of three Best in Show awards given by the Industrial Designers Society of America (ISDA).
We round up our favourite 23-inch LCD monitors
Heading back to school or university? Pick up a good LCD monitor to work with!
A rechargeable tote back, a smartphone bracelet, snow goggles with an integrated digital camera to record your triumphs and tragedies, and more
We braved bedbugs, bad PR people, long taxi lines, and greasy convention-center food, all to find the hottest new gadgets and gear.
Pick up some great gear, including a 50in plasma TV, a Samsung mobile and a JVC camcorder
Ceatec, showcased many new technologies and prototype gadgets. We take you through our favourite tech products.
We take a look at the new range of stylish Acer touch-screen laptops, as well as a lightweight projector, a touch-screen LCD monitor and a desktop PC
ViewSonic this week announced the launch of a new range of full HD 1080p LCD monitors.
Beyond Gaming and Internet Cafe in Sydney has partnered with 3D Motion to give punters the chance to experience true 3-D gaming. The monitors use auto stereoscopic technology, which allows users to view 3-D images without having to don daggy glasses.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Dell's luscious new 4K monitor is bold, bright, and HDR-infused
- Samsung's 49-inch mega-wide display may displace multi-monitor setups
- More high-end GPUs are now compatible with Dell's 8K monitor
- Dell's wild 8K monitor goes on sale with a just-as-stunning price tag
- LG's 4K HDR monitor gets a price and release date, heralding a new era for PC displays
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTTester AnalystACT
- FTSAP ABAP Technical specialistACT
- TPTesting SpecialistQLD
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst - Qld Health - Short term contractQLD
- FTHTML DeveloperNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- TPSystem AdministratorQLD
- CCTest Capability LeadNSW
- CCUAT Test CoordinatorQLD
- FTProject EngineerNSW
- FTSenior C# DeveloperNSW
- FTPMO CoordinatorACT
- CCNetwork Engineer FIFO WeipaQLD
- CCTechnical Consutlant - Entry Level - HPSMWA
- CCSecurity ConsultantVIC
- TPProject Manager. Enterprise wide IT ProjectsNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTDrupal Developer - Senior or Mid levelQLD
- TPEOI - Developer/Tester/Software EngineerACT
- CCProcess Engineer- TelcoVIC
- FTSenior System AdministratorVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - PegaNSW
- TPIT Service ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - GISQLD