Tech giant showcases TVs, devices, wearables and a raft of new home gadgets at CES 2016 in Las Vegas.
LG's been pushing its Cinema 3D TVs -- like the LM6410, the LM7600, and the LM9600 -- hard over the last few months, but we haven't seen as much of a push with its IPS computer monitors.
Deciding what to buy friends and loved ones gifts for Christmas is never easy, but there are plenty of little gizmos to choose from if they are technically-minded. We've put together a little list of what we think would make useful and interesting gifts, from portable speakers to iPhone apps, from vinyl-to-MP3 rippers to phone-controlled helicopters -- we've tried to keep the mix as eclectic as possible.
Great looking tablets, superfast phones and the return of the boom box. Here's what we loved at this year's show.
From blinking lights and punch cards to LCDs and 3D flat panels, we trace the 70-year history of the tech that users rely on to see what a computer is doing.
Sling Media's small Slingbox 700U won one of three Best in Show awards given by the Industrial Designers Society of America (ISDA).
We round up our favourite 23-inch LCD monitors
Heading back to school or university? Pick up a good LCD monitor to work with!
A rechargeable tote back, a smartphone bracelet, snow goggles with an integrated digital camera to record your triumphs and tragedies, and more
We braved bedbugs, bad PR people, long taxi lines, and greasy convention-center food, all to find the hottest new gadgets and gear.
Pick up some great gear, including a 50in plasma TV, a Samsung mobile and a JVC camcorder
Ceatec, showcased many new technologies and prototype gadgets. We take you through our favourite tech products.
We take a look at the new range of stylish Acer touch-screen laptops, as well as a lightweight projector, a touch-screen LCD monitor and a desktop PC
ViewSonic this week announced the launch of a new range of full HD 1080p LCD monitors.
Beyond Gaming and Internet Cafe in Sydney has partnered with 3D Motion to give punters the chance to experience true 3-D gaming. The monitors use auto stereoscopic technology, which allows users to view 3-D images without having to don daggy glasses.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Foxconn to pay over $US6bn for a majority stake in Sharp
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Kogan forced to pay $32,400 penalty by ACCC
- LG's ultra-thin touchscreen panels will enable lighter, thinner notebooks
- Curved displays from TVs see uptake in PCs, monitors
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- FTLinux Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- FTProject Manager - Web ContentVIC
- CCDigital Content ProducerVIC
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/LAN/Anti-Virus) 160524/ITA/074Asia
- CCSenior DevOps EngineerACT
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- FTCloud ArchitectAsia
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- CCNetwork Engineer, Renewable ContractAsia
- FTIT Support - Level 1NSW
- FTAX Lead Technical ConsultantNSW
- CCTIBCO Integration ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior Team Leader Applications SupportACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET C#/MS ASP .NET) 160526/AP/263Asia
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- CCProgram Communications SpecialistVIC
- CCService Provider Manager - DesktopVIC
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- FT.NET Developer (Angular JS/ SQL)WA
- FTSenior Java Developer / Technical LeadACT