Dell was fined on Thursday by a Taiwanese city agency for failing to meet sales obligations of heavily discounted products resulting from online pricing snafus, according to online news reports.
Monitors - News
Sharp and Sony have agreed to form a joint venture to operate a new LCD plant in Japan, completing a plan that was earlier postponed because of the global economic downturn.
You've probably been in this situation before: A colleague strolls up behind your computer during work hours and your personal e-mail is in view.
Samsung Electronics reported its highest quarterly net profit in over two years on Friday as its semiconductor and LCD businesses returned to profitability.
European antitrust investigators believe a cartel in the market for LCD screens extends around the world, a European Commission official said Tuesday.
Dell apologized Wednesday for online pricing snafus that have hit its Web sales in Taiwan over the past week, and moved to settle the issue as the island's Fair Trade Commission launched a probe.
Taiwan's Consumer Protection Commission has ordered Dell to make good on sales from an online pricing error and deliver 19-inch LCD monitors to local consumers for NT$500 (US$15.26).
AU Optronics, the world's third largest make of LCD screens, is planning two new investments this year, one in solar panels and another in an LCD module venture in China.
NEC Display Solutions has released the MultiSync LCD2490WUXi, a 24-inch widescreen monitor that upgrades the LCD2490WUXi.
BenQ today announced the launch of its 22 inch LCD monitor TV, SE2231, coupled with an introductory offer of a free DTH connection, installation and six months subscription with every purchase.
Seiko Epson has made an advance in ink-jet technology that could be used to mass-produce large OLED (organic LED) screens by the middle of the next decade, making them more competitive with rival technologies for big-screen TVs.
The Department of Environmental Protection is tightening the requirements for computer monitors to qualify for an Energy Star label, noting the increasing use of energy efficient LED technology and methods that focus light on the person in front of a...
A South Korean executive with LG Display has agreed to plead guilty and serve a year in prison for participating in a global conspiracy to fix the prices of TFT-LCD (thin-film transistor liquid crystal display) panels, the U.S. Department of Justice ...
BenQ announced the launch of its G series LCD monitors, the BenQ G920HDA, BenQ G2020HD, BenQ G2220HD and BenQ 2410HD. These G series LCD monitors come equipped with the aspect ratio of 16:9 and a high dynamic contrast ratio of 40,000:1 with 5ms respo...
Sharp and Sony have decided to delay the targeted start of a joint-venture LCD (liquid crystal display) production and sales venture.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Dell's monstrous 70-inch touchscreen monitor takes aim at Microsoft's Surface Hub
- Dell's 4-screen multimonitor setup looks like one enormous 43-inch display
- Foxconn to pay over $US6bn for a majority stake in Sharp
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Kogan forced to pay $32,400 penalty by ACCC
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPSharePoint DeveloperVIC
- CCTest ManagerVIC
- TPLevel 3 Systems EngineerWA
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTMicrosoft Systems EngineerVIC
- FTConsulting Solution/Integration ArchitectVIC
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- TPBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence (BI) Technical Team LeaderACT
- FTTechnical Consultant/Systems AnalystQLD
- TPICT Project CoordinatorQLD
- CCIT Support AnalystVIC
- FTBack End DeveloperNSW
- CCChange Manager - O365 Upgrade ProjectQLD
- FTAutomation Test Analyst - APS 6 non-ongoingACT
- FTBI Tech Lead l Informatica ETL , Microstrategy, Big Data TechnologiesNSW
- CCSenior Full-stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager - Queensland TerritoryQLD
- FTNational Manager of Security - We are looking for a strong Leader - Syd CBDNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & Lending - Brisbane Based RoleVIC
- TPMS Dynamics Post Implementation BAQLD
- FTSalesforce Technical Business AnalystQLD
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerACT
- TPProgram ManagerNSW