We take a look at the new range of stylish Acer touch-screen laptops, as well as a lightweight projector, a touch-screen LCD monitor and a desktop PC
Screen real estate just might be the one aspect of using a computer that has the greatest impact on productivity. While the penny pinchers at your company might initially scoff at spending the extra funds on what might be perceived as a luxury, all y...
The end of the financial year is often a great time to grab a bargain. The global economic crisis has resulted in more companies than ever trying to notch up sales figures. We've scoured online retailers to find the best prices on some of the great m...
Everything is about lifestyle, thin and healthy. Even beyond a bloated self-esteem, the image how people will perceive you based on the tech you wear, does have the potential add a few inches to your height.
Everyone needs a good monitor to get the most out of a PC. But which monitor you need depends on several factors--what applications you use, how much room you have on your desk, how much space you need on a virtual desktop, and of course how much you...
HDMI is an increasingly common connection on monitors. On some monitors it has even replaced DVI. The benefits of having a HDMI port are obvious. It is the clear connection of choice over DVI and D-Sub on newer notebooks due to its size.
ViewSonic this week announced the launch of a new range of full HD 1080p LCD monitors.
Not long ago I was in a hotel room, juggling four applications on my teeny, tiny notebook screen. I didn't realize till then how dependent I've become on my dual ViewSonic monitor setup at home.
Beyond Gaming and Internet Cafe in Sydney has partnered with 3D Motion to give punters the chance to experience true 3-D gaming. The monitors use auto stereoscopic technology, which allows users to view 3-D images without having to don daggy glasses.
In the world of computer gaming, speed is everything -- from your graphics card to the sensitivity of your mouse. That's why a quality monitor is a priority for a dedicated gamer. Not only do you need excellent colour and contrast, but low response t...
It's too bad the late George Carlin never updated his classic '70s comedy monologue "A place for my stuff" for the Digital Age. Here's how I imagine it would've gone:
HP recently created quite a buzz by announcing its first affordable 30-bit display panel. The DreamColour LP2480zx is a 24in display that will be ideal for a host of professionals, including graphic designers, animators and video editors.
With the current financial year drawing to a close, retail stores everywhere are hoisting up signs proclaiming their massive savings. For astute buyers, this is the perfect time to buy PC components - and you're guaranteed to find savings. We take so...
From wall PCs to a super-slim LCD monitor, find out which devices turned heads at this year's Computex trade show.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Foxconn to pay over $US6bn for a majority stake in Sharp
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Kogan forced to pay $32,400 penalty by ACCC
- LG's ultra-thin touchscreen panels will enable lighter, thinner notebooks
- Curved displays from TVs see uptake in PCs, monitors
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- CCMicrosoft Server EngineerWA
- CCMarketing Communications Specialist - Global IT CompanyNSW
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCEnterprise Architect (Security)NSW
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- CCBusiness Analyst - ICT SecurityNSW
- CCJava Developer- 12 month contractNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerAsia
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCProcurement Contract SpecialistQLD
- CCSystem AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Automation Tester - MicroservicesNSW
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- CCTest Analyst - Contact Centre TechnologiesVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCWeb Content Developer- Angular, PHP, interface backgroundNSW
- CCContract Contract Junior Programmer (JUD-16493-4)Asia
- FTSenior Business Intelligence ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/Unix) 160509/AP/395Asia