Optus has launched its new mobile payment facility, Cash by Optus, whereby customers with compatible smartphones can make contactless purchases under $100.
Smartphones this year are poised to become more interactive, more fun and maybe a little bit smarter than you’d like them to be.
Thanks to some wacky invites we know it's going to be a big day for new phones in just a couple of weeks.
BlackBerry has released its first ever Android smartphone to the Australian market.
A spring Apple event is reportedly in the works, though details aren't yet confirmed.
It's been nice having OEMs make its devices, but it looks like Google's ready to take back Android's destiny into its own hands—for real this time.
Mere days after Microsoft reported plummeting sales for its own Lumia handsets, Vaio is expected to launch its own Windows 10 Mobile phone. Whether third parties like Vaio and Acer can succeed where Microsoft hasn't remains an open question.
Samsung will return to Mobile World Congress this year to show off its latest batch of flagship smartphones.
LG has patched a security flaw in an application preinstalled on millions of its Android G3 smartphones that researchers found could be used to steal a variety of data.
Hardware leaks indicate it might be HTC's most advanced phone yet with a Quad HD display and a laser-assisted, 12-UltraPixel camera.
Both Apple and Samsung this week predicted slow growth for smartphone and mobile phone sales in early 2016, making investors queasy.
Weak demand for mobile phones and display panels pushed down Samsung's profits last quarter, and the company doesn't expect much improvement this year.
The iPhone won't always be the moneymaker it once was.
Apple is releasing a new mini iPhone this Spring, but reports say it could be an upgraded version of the 4-inch iPhone 5s with curved edges and Live Photos.
Tech giant showcases TVs, devices, wearables and a raft of new home gadgets at CES 2016 in Las Vegas.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Optus moves into wearables space with Cash by Optus
- 7 smartphone trends to watch this year
- LG G5 to debut on February 21, going head-to-head with Galaxy S7
- BlackBerry’s PRIV hits Australian shores
- Apple might show off iPhone 5se and iPad Air 3 at March 15 event
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCOracle CC&B Technical AnalystVIC
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- CCProgrammer/Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Moblie) 160115/AP/P/vhaAsia
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- FTTechnical Support EngineerNSW
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- CCData Stage DeveloperNSW
- CCService EngineerVIC
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- CCTest AnalystACT
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical Lead (Java)NSW
- FTBusiness Analyst / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/Visual VB.net) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- FTBusiness Analyst (SCADA / CSI)VIC
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- CCEnterprise Architect - Network & InfrastructureNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager - NV1 clearance mandatoryNSW
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- FTSenior Systems/SAN EngineerNSW
- CCICT Infrastructure Specialist - (Network Engineer)ACT