We go hands-on with the LG Optimus F5, a budget smartphone with 4G connectivity. It's one of the first 4G devices to be sold on prepaid, and the first 4G prepaid smartphone sold in Australia by Optus.
Smartphones - Slideshows
Oppo is best known for its high-end Blu-ray and Hi-Fi systems, but the Guangdong-based company is now attempting to make an impact in the smartphone market. The Oppo Find 5 is a flagship Android phone with a 5in, full HD display and we've just got our hands on it.
HTC First integrates entirely new Facebook features into Android and Google services.
Some lesser-known facts about Google's mobile OS
LG's flagship Optimus G Android phone has finally arrived in Australia after a lengthy delay. We've just got our hands on a review unit following the official launch of the device in Sydney.
We've just got our hands on Kogan's latest low-cost Android smartphone, the dual-SIM Agora. With a price of just $149 it's a very good value proposition on paper.
Even though Samsung’s highly anticipated Galaxy S4 announcement never happened, there were many notable Android-related announcements at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona last week.
It's a new era for BlackBerry. The company has a new name, a new mobile operating system and two new smartphones. The first is the BlackBerry Z10 and we've got our hands on a review unit a little early.
World’s biggest mobile show boasts LTE phones, Android tablets, Gigabit Wi-Fi, Firefox OS and more
Smartphones, smart chips, mobile browsers and augmented reality will be reality at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona
Android 4.2 lets you put widgets on your lock screen -- so which apps make the most of the feature?
The Taiwanese company’s hoping to make a splash with the HTC One, its highest-profile release in years.
No money? Need entertainment? No problem.
Ekahau offers most comprehensive set of Wi-Fi site survey features in three-product test
Our initial glimpse at RIM's (er, make that BlackBerry's) attempt to claw its way back into the smartphone market
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google releases Android 7.1.1 images for Pixel and Nexus devices
- Lenovo promises 12 new Moto Mod add-ons per year
- The Samsung Galaxy Note7's extreme thinness may be behind battery explosions
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- The mysteries of the GPU in Apple's iPhone 7 are unlocked
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTGraduate DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Change ManagerNSW
- FTInfrastructure Security SpecialistVIC
- FTLevel 1/2 Service Desk AnalystWA
- FTSystem Engineer - VirtulisationNSW
- CCUnix Developers - multipleACT
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)VIC
- FTMid Level .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTCloud Automation EngineerSA
- FTAgile Business AnalystQLD
- FTBusiness Intelligence Technical AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Platform Developer/ArchitectNSW
- CCService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Back-end Developer/Database DesignerSA
- FTUI DeveloperVIC
- CCConsumer Social Specialist (Digital)VIC
- FTIT Service Design Analyst- ITSMNSW
- FTLead Front End DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Network ConsultantVIC
- CCProgram PMO Analyst, GovernanceNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCC ProgrammerACT
- FTIOS Developer (Permanent) Finance CBDNSW
- CCChange or Project Manager- Electrical Network EngineeringNSW
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW