A glimpse at Apple's much-anticipated new iPhones
The 'little rice' that could
Android L is full of tweaks and enhancements. Here are just a few!
The long wait is over – Amazon's phone is official.
Smartphone flagships for 2014 have been announced by Samsung, HTC, Nokia, Sony and more. Many of them have found themselves on shop shelves already, but which is the smartphone you want to spend the next 24 months with? This slideshow brings the next generation smartphones together in one easy to use and resource rich gallery.
We just got our hands on Samsung's Galaxy S5 smartphone. Here's what's in the box.
Telecommunications provider, Telstra, hosted a Samsung Galaxy Gear Fit showcase on April 11. The event's special guests included ex-NRL champion, Wendell Sailor, winter Olympian, Alex 'Chumpy' Pullin, and Australian women's basketball champion, Liz Cambage.
Microsoft on Wednesday unveiled Windows Phone 8.1, the first major update to its mobile OS since autumn 2012. There’s a Siri-like personal assistant, centralized notifications, an array of new customization options, and a redesigned keyboard for fast text entry.
HTC's latest flagship will go on sale before Samsung's Galaxy S5, and the One (M8) will cost you less if you buy it from Optus or Vodafone. Does this make the One (M8) the bargain of the year?
Samsung announced at its Australian launch that the new Galaxy S5 will be available in stores from 11 April. Good Gear Guide had a hands-on session with the smartphone. Here’s our first impressions.
With plenty of user interface add-ons available on the Google Play store, it can be hard to decide what to download, especially when there’s a price attached. The following are our three favourites.
Smartphones, tablets, wearables on display at the show in Barcelona.
Belkin has showed off some of the cases and armbands that will be available for the Samsung Galaxy S5. Lots of colours to choose from, and different grades of protection depending on how much you're willing to pay.
Samsung's new Galaxy Note 3 is the company's third-generation Note smartphone, and it's set to be released on Thursday, 3 October in Australia. We've just got our hands on a review unit for a first look!
We've been eagerly awaiting a review sample of Lifeproof's latest IP68-rated waterproof, dust-proof and shock-proof 'nüüd' case for the iPhone 5. Watch as we unbox, deploy and get the 'nüüd' a little wet for science.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Telstra restores mobile network after mass outage
- Amaysim wins with lowest TIO complaints
- Optus moves into wearables space with Cash by Optus
- 7 smartphone trends to watch this year
- LG G5 to debut on February 21, going head-to-head with Galaxy S7
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCDigital ProducerNSW
- FTC# .Net DeveloperSA
- CCOperations AnalystNSW
- CCMaster SchedulerVIC
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- CCService Delivery Manager - Infrastructure/ApplicationsNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | Northern BeachesNSW
- CCImmediate iOS Developer RequiredNSW
- FTTechnical WriterNSW
- CCOracle Business AnalystSA
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- CCSSIS/ SSRS ExpertVIC
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- FTSecurity ArchitectWA
- CCSenior Business Analyst - IT SecurityNSW
- CCSenior Change Analyst - Multiple RolesVIC
- CCProgram Master SchedulerNSW
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW