Sony Ericsson recently unveiled three new flagship mobile phones, including the 12-megapixel Satio, previously known as Idou. The handsets should hit the Australian market in late 2009.
Smartphones - Slideshows
Apple has announced the launch of the iPhone 3G S -- the third iPhone to be released since the first model hit the US and other selected markets back in 2007.
Could 2009 go down as the year of the Android device invasion? We haven't yet seen the debut of many gadgets based on Android, Google's mobile operating system, but hopes are high.
LG's Prada isn't the first time a mobile phone manufacturer has teamed up with a leading fashion label and it certainly won't be the last.
Amazon's Kindle DX comes off as surprisingly lean and elegant.
Some cell phones really look great, but are impossible to use. Other cell phones have cool features, but are ugly ducklings.
Some of these 10 intriguing mobile gizmos, including a connected GPS unit, external iPhone speakers, a Bluetooth headset, and a gadget charger, are fairly mainstream. The others, well, not so much.
Here's a selection of favorite forbidden -- but useful and fun -- iPhone applications on Apple's banned list.
Apple may have sold 1 billion apps through the App Store, but there are only 10 which are must-haves for my iPhone
LG partners with Prada again to launch the LG Prada II fashion smartphone
From Motorola's first phone, which weighed in at around a 1kg, to Apple's iPhone, here's a look at how cell phones have evolved over the years.
These 15 BlackBerry apps can help you stay productive, but can also entertain.
iPhone enthusiasts from around the Web offer their visions for the next-gen iPhone
Wolfenstein 3D is a first-person shooter (FPS) game. The iPhone version has just been made available through the App Store. It's a direct port of the original version released in 1992 that launched the FPS genre.
We're already a quarter of the way into 2009 and the gadgets are coming thick and fast despite the recession that is gripping many countries.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- New Samsung loyalty program hints that the Note line may not be dead after all
- Google's Pixel XL is much easier to repair than the Nexus 6P
- Google Keep adds app shortcuts, pinned messages in update
- New Windows 10 preview adds an iPhone Live Photos rival, Windows Ink improvements
- Google Phone app 5.1 adds in new gestures and interface tweaks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSenior Siebel DeveloperACT
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Application IntegrationQLD
- FTBI Developer-Micro-strategyNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectACT
- FTIT Operations ManagerNSW
- TPDev Ops SpecialistWA
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCSoftware Engineer- Linux and DevOpsNSW
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- FTWeb Business AnalystQLD
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161020/ITA/652Asia
- CCBusiness Consultant - CPM SoftwareVIC
- CCTest Analyst - Mid/Junior levelVIC
- FTDynamics CRM DeveloperWA
- CCAgile Business AnalystVIC
- CCProgram CoordinatorNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Service Delivery ManagerVIC
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FT.NET DeveloperNSW
- FTWebSphere MQ Application SupportWA