The mobile phone is one of the fastest growing and most popular pieces of technology in history. From Motorola's first prototype mobile phone, which weighed almost a kilogram, to Apple's game-changing iPhone and the range latest touch-screen smartphones, we take a look back at the evolution of one of the most important technology devices in history.
Pick up some great tech gear at bargain basement prices including a full HD camcorder, a wireless multifunction printer and a ultra-slim digital camera!
Nokia has announced three new smartphones including a miniature version of its flagship N-Series smartphone -- the N97 Mini -- as well as a touch-screen music handset, the X6.
When it comes to applications, the iPhone has it all. Want to control your TV? There's an app for that. Want to find the nearest Chinese restaurant? There's an app for that.
The Sony Ericsson XPERIA X2 will be one of the first smartphones to be shipped with Windows Mobile 6.5 when it launches in Australia later this year.
Grab a big-screen TV, a great smartphone, a cheap printer and more!
Pick up a great Canon digital camera, a cheap-as-chips HD camcorder and more!
Similar in size to the iPhone 3GS, the HTC Hero has a slightly smaller display than Apple's smartphone.
After throwing your laptop, charger, and spare battery into your travel bag as you head out the door, suddenly you don’t feel so mobile anymore.
Bored? You won't be after you download a few of these entertaining gems for the iPhone. In the following slides, you'll see multimedia apps that let you get the most out of your digital vault of MP3s, videos, and photos.
Thousands of iPhone and iPod Touch games clog Apple's App Store, making it increasingly difficult to spot the gems among the junk. PC World to the rescue!
There might be thousands and thousands of game choices at the App Store, but the sad truth is that most of them aren't worth your time -- or money
How much damage can an iPhone actually withstand?
There is no doubt that the iPhone 3G is a resilient device.
Free LCD TVs, laptops for less than $300, bargain iPhone plans, cheap laser printers and more in our update of hot deals! Hurry some offers end July 31!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- How Intel knocked itself out of the smartphone chip market
- LG shows off a smartphone display panel with integrated fingerprint reader
- Smartphone uptake passes its peak as industry appetite wanes
- As tablet sales take a dive, analysts expect smartphone vendors to launch convertibles
- Samsung explains why it’s all in on VR
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC
- CCAssistant Project OfficerACT
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- CCInformation ArchitectACT
- CCWindows Automation EngineerVIC
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160505/AP/951Asia
- CCTest Execution ManagerVIC
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - BINSW
- CCSenior Automation Tester - MicroservicesNSW
- CCCloud Service Solution LeadVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCInstructional DesignerQLD
- CCICT Transformation Project Manager- University, Education bckgNSW
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCWeb Content Developer- Angular, PHP, interface backgroundNSW
- CCSenior Test Analyst (Manual)NSW
- CCProject Coordinator- PRINCE2 & Portal/Website/Digital bckgNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorVIC
- CCUser Experience ExpertVIC
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC