As the name suggests, the Nokia Mini N97 is a more compact version of Nokia's flagship smartphone, the N97. The Mini also gets the bonus of kinetic "flick" scrolling, which greatly improves Web and menu navigation. But the Mini has the same issues as...
Smartphones - Reviews
Built by HTC but sold and branded by Google, the Nexus One is the latest Android smartphone to hit the shelves -- and represents a first for Google. Feature-packed and with a sleek design, the Nexus One comes with the latest version of Android and is...
A compact slider with a strange looking number pad running down its left side, the Samsung B3310 mobile phone certainly can't be accused of being dull. A three-row, slide-out QWERTY keyboard, quirky colour scheme and sharp display hint at good things...
A mid-range slider mobile phone, LG's New Chocolate Slide features both a snazzy name and an attractive design. It doesn’t offer a wealth of features, but if you're after something affordable to do the basics, then you can’t get much more stylish tha...
Looking like a regular pair of over-the-ear headphones, the Nokia BH-905 can wirelessly stream your music from a Bluetooth compatible phone or portable music player and can also handle phone calls. Featuring a built-in microphone, volume controls and...
After a long hiatus in Australia, Motorola is back with a bang! The Milestone is the company's first Google Android smartphone and the first Motorola handset we've reviewed in almost 12 months. With an excellent display, the latest version of Android...
In theory, smartphones make the perfect universal remote: they are almost always on you, many have touch screens, and their Internet connection means you can update your app to suit any additions to your home theatre arsenal. Unfortunately, smartphon...
The Nica by Maverick Lifestyle has one design aspect in common with the Callpod Dragon V2: Both Bluetooth headsets sport earpieces that look like large buttons.
Running an advanced, Linux-based operating system called Maemo 5, Nokia's N900 is certainly an interesting device. Foremost an Internet tablet and capable of full multitasking, the Nokia N900 smartphone will definitely impress early adopters and gadg...
LG has seen fit to release a device that looks like it would be at home in a gadget-packed James Bond movie: a watch phone. Boasting 3G connectivity, a full touch-screen interface and 2GB of built-in memory, the LG GD910 is surprisingly intuitive to ...
Let's just get this out of the way first: the HTC HD2 is by far the best Windows Mobile smartphone we've tested. In fact, we'd go as far as saying there is daylight between it and the next best Windows Mobile phone.
It was only a matter of time before the Rock Band phenomenon reached the iPhone after proving a success on consoles, including Nintendo's handheld DS. Rock Band for the iPhone provides fantastic visuals, a great list of songs and good multiplayer gam...
Philips' DC350 isn't a high powered gun that robot cage fighters use -- it's a Bluetooth-enabled iPod dock. It has an alarm clock and a radio (sadly only FM, not digital), and it can function as a speakerphone for the iPhone. You can use it to synchr...
Targeted at tradespeople or those with an active lifestyle, Telstra's Tough T90 mobile phone is designed to take a beating. Water- and dust-proof, and drop tested for shock resistance, the Tough T90 includes a number of handy features.
Sporting an unconventional design that houses one of the largest full QWERTY keyboards we've seen on a smartphone, Nokia's 6760 slide is definitely different. Though its compact size and comfortable keyboard are impressive, the 6760 slide has too man...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Fake heads and robot probes: testing smartphones prior to launch
- Rumor suggests the Note8 will be a bigger S8+ that adds a missing feature
- Xiaomi's Mi6 has the Galaxy S7’s looks, the S8’s power, and iPhone 7’s camera for half the price
- Samsung DeX turns your Galaxy S8 into a shockingly good desktop PC
- Find My iPhone helps nab a thief at Coachella with 100 phones in his backpack
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCService Delivery Analyst -Port MacquarieNSW
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- CCSenior UNIX AdministratorNSW
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTService ManagerNSW
- FTChief Architect - Public SectorACT
- FTSenior Java EngineerWA
- CCSenior System AdministratorQLD
- CC1 st Level Help Desk SupportNSW
- CCTest Capability LeadNSW
- FTIntegration DeveloperWA
- FTFull Stack Developer - Symfony 2QLD
- FTProgram L&D Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- FTSCRUM Master / Project Manager, CX, Financial ServicesNSW
- CC.Net DeveloperQLD
- CCDesktop Support/ Field Services EngineerQLD
- CCSenior Devops EngineerVIC
- FTInformation Security ManagerACT
- FTSoftware Engineer - Build/Image MaintenanceACT
- CCSAP ISU Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)SA
- TPSystems EngineerQLD
- CCSAP FIORI Technical SpecialistQLD
- CCBusiness Project Manager - ApplicationsNSW
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)WA