There’s a recipe to the Nexus stable: naked Android software, compelling hardware and a price that undercuts the market heavyweights so that folks like you and I emerge the real winners.
Serial discounter Kogan has released the second generation Agora 4G+, a BenQ manufactured smartphone that aims to deliver top-tier features for a low $239. Several subtle improvements have been added to the second gen smartphone; some for the better,...
Motorola’s recipe of combining powerful hardware with stock Android is a winning formula in its second generation Moto X. The company has forged a desirable identity -- not by defacing the Android Lollipop software with a cumbersome overlay -- but by...
Young Xiaomi is proving it belongs in the big league with its Mi4, a 5-inch smartphone mature in design and fluent in Xiaomi’s custom MiUi software. It packs the kind of hardware found in flagships from Sony, Samsung and HTC, and yet it sells for a f...
All of the trademarks that make the Note 4 a wonderful large-screen smartphone can be found on the Note Edge. It has a large 5.6-inch, 1440p display. The bottom left conceals the popular S-Pen stylus. Multi-tasking modes are aplenty. The best of the ...
Leaps and bounds have been made between ZTE’s V969 and its new dual-SIM smartphone, the Blade Vec. Whereas the former was large and cumbersome, the latter is chic. There’s also the matter of its 5-inch screen, which is such a significant improvement ...
Six months on and Sony has updated its flagship smartphone with the Z3. Not enough time has passed for the company to release a brand new device. In fact, it’s best to think of the Z3 as a ‘lite’ version of the widely praised Xperia Z2.
Huawei has taken off the gloves with its Mate7 phablet. The 6-inch smartphone wraps a bevy of cutting-edge tech in a coat of metal armour and tops the recipe off with simplistic software inspired by none other than Apple.
The DNA for the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S6 nexts in the Galaxy Alpha. It is the first Samsung smartphone to have a metal chassis, and at 4.7-inches, it’s easier to use day in and day out.
Samsung has added metal, a 1440p screen and a fast charge battery to its fourth generation Note. The subtle changes make a profound difference.
The Sphere makes no attempt to hide its inexpensive price. The smartphone looks like a slab of black plastic, interrupted by tacky chrome insets and an intriguing finger sensor. Its saving grace is that it is cheap at $279, but we’re not convinced th...
The Lumia 735 is a smartphone designed for people with an Internet connection for a pulse and a fanaticism for taking ‘selfies’. The $399 asking price gets you a 5 megapixel front camera, the latest version of Windows Phone and 4G internet speeds.
Few smartphones scream personality like a Nokia. All across the range are phones dressed in bright ‘look at me’ colours, each one standing out from the pack of drab white, black or grey that adorns everything from iPhones to HTCs. Not everyone will b...
Hype surrounded Kogan’s Agora 4G in August for being the cheapest 4G smartphone money could buy in Australia. One month later and the Agora 4G was knocked clean off its mantle by Australian newcomer Oppo with its Neo 5.
The Passport is an unusual smartphone from BlackBerry, a company no longer part of mainstream lexicon. This is BlackBerry’s attempt at bringing innovation to the popular touchscreen smartphone.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Google's modular smartphone project sacrificed its original vision to move forward
- Android device updates: HTC 10 is getting stability fixes and preview 3 is headed to Android N
- Google I/O 2016: Every Android app – really – is coming to Chrome
- Zip! Pow! Google debuts Android Instant Apps that load without installation
- Nokia-branded Android phones will return to the market
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTInfrastructure Specialist VMwareNSW
- CCMultiple Oracle Fusion SOA/BPEL Developer OpportunitiesVIC
- CCDigital Content ProducerVIC
- CCSenior Network Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCTester Analyst - learn on the job!ACT
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- CCApplication DevelopersQLD
- FT.NET DevelopersQLD
- CCIteration Manager/Agile Project ManagerNSW
- CCContract Programmer (HTML/JAVA/SQL) 160525/P/013Asia
- CCRelease Manager, SAPNSW
- CCOpen Source Specialist / Senior ConsultantQLD
- CCProject Manager - Healthcare DomainSA
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Enterprise ApplicationsNSW
- CCIT Security Consultant -NSW
- FTTechnical Specialist EmailACT
- CCOracle Fusion SOA/BPEL DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical PM - Magento E-Commerce SolutionNSW
- CCTIBCO Integration ConsultantVIC
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT
- CCTechnical System Engineer (Linux/Mobile/SQL)160524/TSE/vmtAsia
- FTQuality ManagerACT
- FTApplication Support EngineerVIC