There was a time when Xiaomi was considered some ancillary brand knocking off designs from Apple. That time is history as the Mi Note stands testament to the company's unique identity and the plethora of contributions it has to make in the smartphone...
Smartphones have a tendency to all look alike, but the G4 has a few trinkets it can call its own. Most of its individuality stems from its back case, which has a visible seam sewn together. It is like a handbag, or the interior of a European car, bec...
Online retailer Kogan continues its shake up of the smartphone market with the Agora 4G Pro, a smartphone with high resolution cameras, a Full HD screen and an octa-core processor that is on sale for a low $299.
Microsoft has released the 640 XL in Australia. Think of the XL variant as the bigger brother to the 640 as it benefits from a bigger screen, battery and cameras. Otherwise, the two smartphones are identical.
A number of differences have been made to the One (M8s), though none of them are visible on the outside. Housed in brushed metal is an octa-core processor, an improved camera and a larger battery, all of which make this an exceptional value-for-money...
Imation's Link Power Drive serves double duty as an external, on-the-go storage device and portable battery charger for an iPhone. It comes in useful when you want to carry extra music and video files with you, which you can then play directly off th...
“Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery,” goes the old adage. Apple and Samsung must be blushing then because ZTE’s latest smartphone, the Blade S6, borrows its moniker from Samsung and its styling from Apple.
A lot has changed in the ten months that followed the release of the Nokia Lumia 635. A deluge of capable smartphones boasting competitive prices have since launched, and now the low-end of the market is crowded.
A new breed of Galaxy flagship has gone on sale with the S6 Edge. It is the first smartphone in the world to have its screen curve on both sides, introducing some features of note as a result and redefining what was previously possible in smartphone ...
Mophie's Juice Pack Plus case for the iPhone 6 makes the phone bigger and heavier, but it provides the thing we all crave most: extra battery life. Using the Mophie case, you can run the iPhone 6 for over twice as long as you're used to before having...
This is Samsung’s defining moment, where it makes amends for the hit and miss that was the Galaxy S5. This is the smartphone the company hopes will help it reclaim market share and growth in sales. This is the smartphone it hopes customers will happi...
The third generation One smartphone from HTC has gone on sale in Australia. Changes include a camera that has jumped five-fold in size to 20-megapixels, support for more LTE bands and a meticulous approach to smartphone design. Are these changes enou...
Physical keyboards are an integral part of BlackBerry's history and now the design trait is back with the Classic. The question remains: is an old-school BlackBerry still relevant today?
Oppo has one-upped the established heavy weights in the smartphone industry with its R5. The 4.85mm smartphone has earned many 'world first' titles, but an important concession has been made along the way.
There’s a recipe to the Nexus stable: naked Android software, compelling hardware and a price that undercuts the market heavyweights so that folks like you and I emerge the real winners.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Apple could stick a Digital Crown on the iPhone
- Blackberry announces DETK50, a secure US$299 Android phone
- Samsung files artificial muscle patent for use in flexible smartphones
- The affordable new Moto E grows in size, but not price
- Qualcomm's Snapdragon 821 is now the company's fastest mobile chip
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCTest CoordinatorQLD
- FTDefence Network Architect | NV2ACT
- CCBusiness Project ManagerVIC
- FTSenior .Net Applications SupportACT
- FTJDE DeveloperVIC
- CCNetwork Engineer - NV2 ClearanceVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCProject CoordinatorVIC
- FTInfrastructure Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160810/AP/662Asia
- CCUX/UI Designer DeveloperWA
- FTProgram Master SchedulerVIC
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- CCSAP BW Hana DeveloperVIC
- CCNetwork ArchitectNSW
- FTPortfolio Governance ConsultantNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence - Policy and Governance ManagerNSW
- FTPortal DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Architect, Marketing and Campaign ManagementNSW
- CCPortfolio ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW
- CCSenior Data ArchitectNSW
- FTMidrange Server Provision SMENSW