Just last week we raved about the $399 Moto G4 Plus redefining what a value meant in the current phone market. Now, just a few days later, here’s Alcatel with an offering that, despite being $100 dearer, may be an even better buy.
Smartphones - Reviews
In the age of Pokemon Go, the person with the most-charged phone is king. There’s much to love about the cute critters, but as players are all too aware, the one special power that they all share is Phone Battery Vampire.
Seriously, Sony? The Xperia X Performance performs well enough, but it's absolutely not worth its outrageous price tag.
Motorola’s G phones have always been decent mid-range choice but they’ve not been particularly exciting and they’ve tended to be small, low-powered and cheap. The Moto G4 Plus on the other hand caught our eye because its specs approach those of much ...
We’re reviewing these two phones together due to the physical similarities and price points. Both have very smart, well-built, metallic chassis which belie their mid-range price point. However, the R9 is OPPO’s flagship phone while the X9 costs almos...
We’ve been using the Xperia X Performance for a while now and wondering where it sat in the new Sony smartphone range. It’s smaller and less interesting than the Xperia Z5 and it isn’t waterproof either (splash proof only). It looks like a mid-range ...
Dog and Bone versus Olloclip. Which should you buy
Which case is best for your S7?
The MusicBoost case feels sturdy and easily slips on to an iPhone 6 or 6S. As with many other iPhone cases, no additional protection is offered to the screen. The addition of the case essentially pushes a 6S to the size of a 6S Plus.
Selling a new phone by focusing on the camera is not a new thing and we’ve been impressed in the past: Nokia’s Lumia’s did some great things (which masked Windows Phone’s deficiencies) while Apple’s 6S Plus also did some great things with Dynamic Ran...
How do you pull a charging cable out of your mobile device? Do you yank the cable from half way down or carefully pull from the connector at the end?
The Huawei Mate 7 was arguably the best phone of 2014 – it offered more features and, in some instances, better performance than every other flagship phone on the market and did so costing hundreds of dollars less. It also came to Australian shores ...
Giphy wants to be the one-stop-shop for all your GIF-sharing needs. But how does the new Giphy Keys compare to other GIF-focused iOS keyboards?
You can get a decent Android phone like the Oppo F1 for $300 these days. If you want something more premium, the Samsung Galaxy S7 can be had for under $700 while the Nexus 6P, with its huge AMOLED display and full metal body can be had for nearer $6...
With an improved battery swapping system, the LG G5 isn't a bad phone, per se. But various other features probably looked better in the R&D lab than they do in real life.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Fake heads and robot probes: testing smartphones prior to launch
- Rumor suggests the Note8 will be a bigger S8+ that adds a missing feature
- Xiaomi's Mi6 has the Galaxy S7’s looks, the S8’s power, and iPhone 7’s camera for half the price
- Samsung DeX turns your Galaxy S8 into a shockingly good desktop PC
- Find My iPhone helps nab a thief at Coachella with 100 phones in his backpack
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Project Coordinator-Datacentre relocation backgroundNSW
- FTBusiness Process AnalystWA
- TPSenior Business Analyst - GISQLD
- CCSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Engineer (Mid level) - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCBusiness Specialist - Data ManagementNSW
- CCSystems Engineer - WintelQLD
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- CCService Desk SupportNSW
- FTProduct Manager - FintechNSW
- TPIT Business AnalystNSW
- TPSenior .NET Developer (Angular or React)NSW
- CCSenior Project OfficerNSW
- CCProject AdministratorNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst- Process (Banking or Insurance or Gov backg)NSW
- FTSenior Finance Business Analyst, Superannuation, WealthNSW
- FTFull Stack Software DeveloperQLD
- CCService Delivery Analyst -Port MacquarieNSW
- TPLinux System AdministratorQLD
- FTPMO CoordinatorACT
- TPSOE EngineerACT
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTMarket Data Analyst, Investment BankingNSW
- TPRegional Level 2/3 Desktop Support AnalystVIC