The Samsung Omnia Pro is a Windows Mobile smartphone with a full QWERTY keypad and a 3.2-megapixel camera but no touch screen. Excited? Don't worry, neither are we. However, the Samsung Omnia Pro remains a capable if unexciting business phone, but lo...
Smartphones - Reviews
Do you ever get sick of your mobile phone? Do you wish it could change appearance from one day to the next? Israeli company modu Mobile is counting on you answering yes to both questions. One of the smallest and lightest mobile phones we've ever seen...
This extension of the ever-growing Harry Potter dynasty puts the wand in your hand and lets you duel against a friend or the computer, no matter how strong your muggle tendencies. Your iPhone captures your hand movement, and particular motions cast c...
Featuring a 5-megapixel camera, Wi-Fi, 7.2Mbps HSDPA connectivity and an FM radio, you’d be forgiven for thinking LG’s latest flagship mobile phone, the Mini (GD880) is a smartphone.
Though there is plenty of hype in the tech world surrounding Google’s Android operating system, the fact remains that it is still in its infancy and initially it was really only found in high-end smartphones, such as Google's Nexus One and HTC's Hero...
Sony Ericsson's XPERIA X10 smartphone, the company's first handset to run Google's Android operating system, was announced well before Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.
Jointly unveiled by HTC and Telstra at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, HTC's Desire will be the first Android smartphone available through Telstra. We were fortunate to get a quick hands-on demo with the new handset. So is it really desirable?
Microsoft took the wraps off of Windows Phone 7 Series (the official name for Windows Mobile 7) here Monday at Mobile World Congress.
Samsung's first Bada phone has some impressive hardware, but the future success of Bada phones remains unclear. Here's our hands-on review of the Samsung Wave.
Measured by the yardstick of usability, Acer's first foray into mobile phones late last year was not a success. Acer hobbled its first phones with the enduringly inept Windows Mobile operating system, now in its six-and-a-half incarnation, and even s...
A Bluetooth speakerphone with a basic yet effective design, Jabra's SP200 certainly isn't exciting, nor is it overly attractive. But if you're looking for a simple and inexpensive speakerphone, the SP200 is one of the best on the market.
Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars for iPhone is the latest addition to Rockstar's wildly popular GTA series. Featuring great visuals, surprisingly responsive touch-screen controls and hours of fun gameplay, Chinatown Wars for iPhone is great value for...
The "Plus" in the Palm Pixi Plus smartphone really means one thing: the addition of Wi-Fi connectivity. Other than that, the phone is identical in specs and design to its predecessor the Palm Pixi. While the keyboard isn't perfect and WebOS performan...
The Palm Pre Plus is really more of an update of the original Pre than a completely new product. Even so, the subtle hardware tweaks make it an overall improvement from its predecessor the Palm Pre. Some quirks remain, however, with the keyboard desi...
A follow-up to the highly anticipated XPERIA X1, Sony Ericsson's XPERIA X2 smartphone has been met with much less fanfare. That is a good thing, since the XPERIA X2 suffers from just as many frustrating software issues as its bug-riddled predecessor.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Fake heads and robot probes: testing smartphones prior to launch
- Rumor suggests the Note8 will be a bigger S8+ that adds a missing feature
- Xiaomi's Mi6 has the Galaxy S7’s looks, the S8’s power, and iPhone 7’s camera for half the price
- Samsung DeX turns your Galaxy S8 into a shockingly good desktop PC
- Find My iPhone helps nab a thief at Coachella with 100 phones in his backpack
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Java EngineerWA
- FTSolutions Architect (Collaboration Technology) - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Health experience requiredNSW
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPProject Manager | HealthQLD
- FTDigital ProducerNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager - Life InsuranceNSW
- CCIT Information Architect..VIC
- TPProduct ManagerVIC
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerQLD
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)SA
- FTSnr Technical Salesforce Consultant Global IT Managed Services - SydneyNSW
- FTSecurity EngineerACT
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager Office 365 ImplementationVIC
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystNSW
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsQLD
- FTPMO CoordinatorSA
- FTOperational Safety Project ManagersSA
- FTLevel 3 Application Support AnalystVIC
- FTProject Coordinator ($280-$300 per day)NSW
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystQLD
- CCBusiness Project Manager - ApplicationsNSW
- FTTechnical ConsultantACT
- TPPrincipal Project Officer - ReportingQLD