Retailing for $99, Virgin Mobile's VMX mobile phone is one of the cheapest 3G-capable phones on the Australian market. It's manufactured by Huawei but has Virgin Mobile branding and is sold through the telco's store. The VMX has plenty of shortcoming...
Plantronics' Voyager Pro Bluetooth headset won't win any awards for its design, but it offers excellent sound quality and a comfortable fit.
Research in Motion is continuing its push towards consumer users — in addition to its traditional corporate customer base — with its latest BlackBerry Curve 8520 an inexpensive, entry-level smartphone. The BlackBerry Curve 8520 lacks 3G...
On paper, Sony Ericsson's Satio smartphone certainly looks impressive -- a whopping 12.1 megapixel camera with Xenon flash, a large 3.5in touch screen display and an interface that uses standby panels on the home screen to access commonly used applic...
Packing in a wealth of features including a brilliant AMOLED display, a 5-megapixel camera and Wi-Fi, its strange to think the Samsung Jet Icon isn't actually a smartphone. Though it lacks the ability to install third-party applications, the intuitiv...
The third iteration in Nokia's Navigator series of mobile phones, the 6710 Navigator is Nokia's best effort yet. The small screen will annoy many users, but the addition of a great zoom bar, a free lifetime subscription to the GPS maps and an excelle...
As its name suggests, LG's Crystal (GD900) is a fashion-oriented mobile phone. Featuring a unique, transparent "crystal" keypad, the LG Crystal tries hard to break from the stigma commonly associated with fashion phones — that they ultimately l...
As a replacement for the 6220 classic, Nokia's 6720 classic isn't a mobile phone that will get the heart racing with excitement. A faster processor, better battery life and a 3.5mm headphone jack are improvements over its predecessor, but the lack of...
Thankfully, most of the great features of webOS have not been compromised. After spending some time with the Palm Pixi, we found a lot to like about this sprightly smartphone - for the most part.
Earlier this year, we reviewed the DualSim Slider -- the first mobile phone available in Australia to support the use of two SIM cards simultaneously. Its second iteration is the DualSim Mini, a smaller, lighter and cheaper mobile phone than its pred...
A smaller, cheaper version of the first Nokia touch-screen mobile phone, the 5800 XpressMusic, Nokia's 5530 XpressMusic lacks 3G connectivity and GPS. A more compact design and a competitive price tag are the main differences with its bigger brother....
I was not a happy camper when I wore Samsung's SBH700 headphones. Despite extensive fiddling, I couldn't arrive at a comfortable fit. For starters, the earbuds were too big--the package lacks alternative bud sizes--and the squarish hooks did not sit ...
The first Samsung mobile phone to run Google's Android operating system, the Galaxy Icon smartphone is a strong competitor to the HTC Magic and possesses a brilliant AMOLED display. Although the Galaxy Icon is fast and functional, it's disappointing ...
In a day and age where feature-packed, touch-screen smartphones dominate the upper tier of the mobile phone world, you can't help but feel Nokia's N86 8MP looks a little out of place. Though it offers a reliable interface, a decent features list and ...
Facebook updated its popular iPhone app, delivering lots of improved features for the official iPhone Facebook 3.0 revision. But sadly, Facebook fails to deliver everything a mobile Facebook warrior could want.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 2 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 3 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 4 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 5 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Sony's Xperia Z5, Z5 Compact go on sale next week at Australia's largest telcos
- Samsung’s Milk Music goes premium for $4 a month
- Meet Beats Pill+, the first Beats speaker made under Apple
- Microsoft makes serious smartphone play with Lumia 950 range
- Microsoft to live-stream Tuesday's Surface Pro 4, Lumia event
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDatabase Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTMid level IT consultant | Systems Integration & Managed ServicesNSW
- FTBusiness Development & Account ManagementNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Client Side - Previous Agency Experience Welcome!!NSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTProduct Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTSales SpecialistNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Music IndustryNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
- FTDigital ManagerNSW
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW