After a long hiatus in Australia, Motorola is aiming to hit back with a bang. The Motorola DEXT is an Android-powered, touch-screen smartphone with a full QWERTY keyboard. Featuring MotoBlur software, which aims to unify communications on the home sc...
Smartphones - Reviews
The Samsung Omnia Pro is a Windows Mobile smartphone with a full QWERTY keypad and a 3.2-megapixel camera but no touch screen. Excited? Don't worry, neither are we. However, the Samsung Omnia Pro remains a capable if unexciting business phone, but lo...
Do you ever get sick of your mobile phone? Do you wish it could change appearance from one day to the next? Israeli company modu Mobile is counting on you answering yes to both questions. One of the smallest and lightest mobile phones we've ever seen...
This extension of the ever-growing Harry Potter dynasty puts the wand in your hand and lets you duel against a friend or the computer, no matter how strong your muggle tendencies. Your iPhone captures your hand movement, and particular motions cast c...
Featuring a 5-megapixel camera, Wi-Fi, 7.2Mbps HSDPA connectivity and an FM radio, you’d be forgiven for thinking LG’s latest flagship mobile phone, the Mini (GD880) is a smartphone.
Though there is plenty of hype in the tech world surrounding Google’s Android operating system, the fact remains that it is still in its infancy and initially it was really only found in high-end smartphones, such as Google's Nexus One and HTC's Hero...
Sony Ericsson's XPERIA X10 smartphone, the company's first handset to run Google's Android operating system, was announced well before Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.
Jointly unveiled by HTC and Telstra at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, HTC's Desire will be the first Android smartphone available through Telstra. We were fortunate to get a quick hands-on demo with the new handset. So is it really desirable?
Microsoft took the wraps off of Windows Phone 7 Series (the official name for Windows Mobile 7) here Monday at Mobile World Congress.
Samsung's first Bada phone has some impressive hardware, but the future success of Bada phones remains unclear. Here's our hands-on review of the Samsung Wave.
Measured by the yardstick of usability, Acer's first foray into mobile phones late last year was not a success. Acer hobbled its first phones with the enduringly inept Windows Mobile operating system, now in its six-and-a-half incarnation, and even s...
A Bluetooth speakerphone with a basic yet effective design, Jabra's SP200 certainly isn't exciting, nor is it overly attractive. But if you're looking for a simple and inexpensive speakerphone, the SP200 is one of the best on the market.
Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars for iPhone is the latest addition to Rockstar's wildly popular GTA series. Featuring great visuals, surprisingly responsive touch-screen controls and hours of fun gameplay, Chinatown Wars for iPhone is great value for...
The "Plus" in the Palm Pixi Plus smartphone really means one thing: the addition of Wi-Fi connectivity. Other than that, the phone is identical in specs and design to its predecessor the Palm Pixi. While the keyboard isn't perfect and WebOS performan...
The Palm Pre Plus is really more of an update of the original Pre than a completely new product. Even so, the subtle hardware tweaks make it an overall improvement from its predecessor the Palm Pre. Some quirks remain, however, with the keyboard desi...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Low-end Android phones could get VR with new Imagination GPU
- Android device updates: the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge are finally getting Nougat
- HTC's U Ultra flagship attacks the high end with a glass back, an AI companion, and a second screen
- The iPhone turns 10: Apple CEO Tim Cook promises 'the best is yet to come'
- Nokia returns to smartphones at long last, but you can't buy it (and probably don't want to)
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - AIXVIC
- CCProcess Business Analyst X 3VIC
- TPProject Manager - Data ManagementSA
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- TPAnsarada Data Room AdministratorNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & LendingQLD
- FTSDLC CoordinatorACT
- CCIT Support AnalystVIC
- CCWebMethod DeveloperQLD
- CCWebMethod DeveloperNSW
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager - Queensland TerritoryQLD
- FTiOS Developer - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- CCSharepoint DeveloperQLD
- FTiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCEnterprise Solution Architect - Customer Experience PlatformsNSW
- FTLevel 3 Support ConsultantNSW
- CCChange ManagerQLD
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXNSW
- FTIT Field EngineerNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTSystems AdministratorVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - Financial Planning - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW